PDA

View Full Version : we should probably just host our own pvp events dont need GM's for that

davidspencer873
09-06-2014, 11:01 AM
capture the flag would be cool.

or FFA

or team a vs team b vs team c with randomized teams to promote a friendly teamwork atmosphere

SamwiseRed
09-06-2014, 11:13 AM
when i was apping to be a guide, i had about a dozen gm events planned that revolved only around pvp. from braveheart 2 sided charges to some other cool shit. there are some interesting things you can do with mobs and zones that could make gm events immersive and all about that pvp.

Haynar
09-06-2014, 12:17 PM
What should happen, is people who are disruptive during gm events, have all their accounts perma-banned.

You guys are starting to motivate me to come help GM on red.

GM events mean ... Free Pixels. You don't want a chance? Don't go.

I am pretty sure GMs wont want to run you more events and your only option is to run your own.

H

SamwiseRed
09-06-2014, 12:20 PM
What should happen, is people who are disruptive during gm events, have all their account perma-banned.

I am pretty GMs wont want to run you more events and you only option is to run your own.

H

i dont remember the details but sirken and I talked about some hilarious penalties for players other than ban. I was thinking about ways we can implement a jail in the qeynos aqueducts. remove the ability to gain mana or be ported out. basically people who fuck up would be able to login but would be confined to a cell with extreme limits on what they can do. maybe just talk in say and use emotes. it would allow the community to take trips down there, point and laugh, and repeatedly kill the offender until they are no longer entertained.

SamwiseRed
09-06-2014, 12:22 PM
i dunno there is just some hilarious things you can do to people rather than out right ban them. while banning them is certainly the most effective, it does ultimately hurt player population.

the box needs to think outside the box is where i am getting at.

Swyft
09-06-2014, 03:05 PM
What should happen, is people who are disruptive during gm events, have all their accounts perma-banned.

I am pretty sure GMs wont want to run you more events and your only option is to run your own.

H

Well can you not see why player's ask the question of why there would be a hand holding event on a red server?

That's like me making a battlefield multiplayer map where none of the players could hit each other and were forced to fight mobs.

Liten
09-06-2014, 03:45 PM

H

Well i can't speak for anyone but me, but i do think i have a few people behind me when i say the faith in the current GMs is low(if any) and if you or anyone else would come here, it would be more then welcome. Best of luck!

Swish
09-07-2014, 04:26 AM
Has Agatha put a GM app in yet?

http://i.imgur.com/gjhTi80.gif

Kergan
09-07-2014, 04:51 AM

H

You becoming a GM here would be the worst thing ever. After about a month you'd hate this server so much we'd never get coding changes done.

Heyitsme
09-07-2014, 05:43 AM

H

Theres no reason to hold events that players cant "disrupt"

The only valid event i can see is dropping event mobs in a zone and let the players decide if they want to fight over it, or cooperate to kill it.

If you want to run duel events, PVE coop-enforced mobs that stuff is for blue

Wtf is this blue "well perma-ban people who try to pvp on a pvp server" shit, seriously

Im trying to stay civil but fuck man, do you guys even realize what a pvp server, a pvp game is supposed to look like, whats the last pvp game you played where GMs enforced shit like this. Darkfall is run terribly bad and i wouldnt imagine them trying to pull something like this.

Can you imagine an event like this in eve online, where someone steps in the sandbox and starts threathning people who "interfere" and "disrupt" a side attacking a PVE mob?

Just take a step back and think about all this

Heyitsme
09-07-2014, 05:48 AM
You guys need to look at the events that went down on Halloween in 2001 on Rallos and emulate that.

- Undead dragon in Rathe, hundreds of dead bodies everywhere as players fight over it

- Event mobs in EK, event mobs in WC

Hint: GMs not interfering and letting players decide if they want to cooperate or fight over the mobs AKA a sandbox

Heyitsme
09-07-2014, 05:54 AM
Theres a way to run events organically where players get to decide what to do, not being threathened with bans if they make the wrong choice.

Im sure there was alot of bitching for nothing, im not trying to defend that, but that point is sort of bulletproof, dont fuck with the sandbox.

Ghost around a zone and random pop a named mob in nooby zones when u see a couple of noobs grouping before any vets has a chance to ruin the event, shit like that, dont heavy hand GMing.

Derubael
09-07-2014, 05:59 AM
Heyitsme, you do realize that PvP was only stopped so I could distribute loot, right?

The mob was already dead. I didn't want people fighting while I tried to sort through who was present (and allowed to roll) and who wasn't.

Do I need to make a thread about this, because people keep bringing it up.

Heyitsme
09-07-2014, 06:05 AM
Heyitsme, you do realize that PvP was only stopped so I could distribute loot, right?

The mob was already dead. I didn't want people fighting while I tried to sort through who was present (and allowed to roll) and who wasn't.

Do I need to make a thread about this, because people keep bringing it up.

Im honestly trying to be constructive, maybe if you cant have mobs drop the items themselves, then think of some other way of doing this where at no point you are forced to tell people not to pvp.

Derubael
09-07-2014, 06:10 AM
Im honestly trying to be constructive, maybe if you cant have mobs drop the items themselves, then think of some other way of doing this where at no point you are forced to tell people not to pvp.

We've tried that on red and blue - it doesn't work. Someone just ninja-loots the items and we can't track them because they're on a spawned NPC that doesn't record to the database.

Heyitsme
09-07-2014, 06:17 AM
I dont see why you would feel the need to regulate that, if a player ninja loots it, then let the community dish out the punishment. If nobody trusts anyone enough to engage, feeling a ninja loot will be the outcome, let the mob sit there unkilled, that will be the course the sandbox is taking.

I dont know, any scenario pretty much to me is better than threathening people who keep killin each other with bans.

Like if you had one really nice item for that event, instead of having it on that one mob, instead have a bunch of spawns pop over the course of 2 hours, let players fight over them and have the item be a random spawn on one of those mobs, things like that.

Sektor
09-07-2014, 06:21 AM

H

Agreed with this, I wasn't there but if Azrael were slaughtering people while the GM event said the only way to kill cazic thule was to work together than I don't get why people can't just work together. I'm very sure Derubael put some good ass loot on those mobs like he did with Inny on that halloween event.

GM events are great when legit rewards are given out, I don't understand some of my guildmates mind sets sometimes.