PDA

View Full Version : Population Improvements

Buhbuh
09-06-2014, 06:24 AM
Couple things:

1) Event wasn't meant for Azrael alone. My hope was that everyone would band together to fight these mobs, kind of like what guilds did on Rallos Zek to down the sleeper. Unfortunately it didn't work that way, and the Avatar wasn't slain.

2) Three people received items. They were won using /ran. They were not part of the Azrael force - Azrael specifically pointed out they didn't care about/want loot. The small group of ragtag players thrown together to down the second golem got the items.

3) There was such a ridiculous amount of complaining from both sides (people complaining that it was an "azrael only" event that I ran "just to give azrael loot", people complaining the event sucked because <insert reason here>... etc) that I will likely not be running a high level event on red in the future. I took time out of my Friday night to come do something fun for all of you guys, because I wanted to try and bring the server together and maybe mend some wounds that have been festering for far too long. I won't let me naivety get the best of me and make that mistake again.

If Sirken wants to run a high level event like that in the future he can, but I won't be doing so for a long time. I've never heard so much QQ from such a small group of players.

For everyone else that enjoyed/wanted to enjoy the event, I'm sorry that a minority ruined it for the rest of you. I have my breaking point just like anyone else, and tonight I reached that point. It makes it exceedingly difficult to give a single fuck about this community when I spend 3 hours live streaming a very complex and involved encounter only to get shit on from multiple sides - including the side I was trying to help out by bringing the server together. You can call this me being "too sensitive" or w/e you want to chalk it up to, but the bottom line is I put up with a lot of shit from this community, and still wanted to provide a fun experience for everyone to enjoy. After tonight, I'm finding it really hard to care.

Maybe after I sleep on it that perception will change, but for right now, I'm at 0 fucks. Again, if you enjoyed this/wanted to enjoy it/want to enjoy more like it in the future, I'm sorry - you're being "punished" (though not really, since GM events are a privilege anyway) for the actions of others and it's really not fair. But I can only give so much before I'm spent, and I'm way past that point now.

Good luck.

I would like to request some variance and boxing so we can fix these problems please.

Farzo
09-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Okay lite.

Buhbuh
09-06-2014, 06:28 AM
C what I did there? The brutal lampooning of our shit for brains community? Did you guys get the joke? I giggled.

Farzo
09-06-2014, 06:31 AM
I did see =)
and giggled too.

I just feel sorry for Derubael having to deal with this shit.
It's bad enough playing here (or coming our of retirement in a way).

Could you imagine the poor guys petition inbox?

Bazia
09-06-2014, 06:31 AM
I was there the behavior was v douchey

Heyitsme
09-06-2014, 06:33 AM
Im honestly trying to not be negative but at this point its more being a realist than negativity.

It becomes glaringly obvious how toxic the community is when you take a break from these forums (OOC and in-game behavior as well), read other gaming forums, play other games, read other stuff on the net and come back here.

Just full on hatred for silly reasons, from alot of people.

Ive never been for boxing but maybe that would solve part of the problem, that some non-toxics could find some enjoyment here on their own until they reach a critical mass, find each other and start an alternative that doesnt like to wallow in its shitty hatred.

Buhbuh
09-06-2014, 06:41 AM
Naw, the community is fine.

Inviting, warm, burgeoning with life.

Farzo
09-06-2014, 06:53 AM
I like your wit Buhbuh.

We should start level 1 clerics and show these badboys up

SamwiseRed
09-06-2014, 11:15 AM
I would like to request some variance and boxing so we can fix these problems please.

man i hope that is sarcasm, both terrible ideas that should never be mentioned again.

Khellendros
09-06-2014, 01:09 PM
I was there in the rag tag group that downed the second mob.. I was neutral and buffing everyone ... As soon as I did and pvp ban was lifted I was attacked by the very people that asked buffs.. I agree with deru.. I have met some great people Samwise being the first long ago lol Vae Victus was alot if fun.. But so many people in here are such ass holes that the only pleasure they seem to get is ruining others good time. .

Infectious
09-06-2014, 01:41 PM
This shit happened on tz at every event. Its pvp. Unless its a 1-40 event, there will be no hand holding. Trying to band people who hate each other is just dumb.

Concave
09-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Well, there is some precedent for people banding together. Derubael seemed to have in mind the uniting of guilds on Rallos Zek to take out the Sleeper.

I think there's a lot more mutual anger between the two end-game guilds here than there was on RZ, though, and popping an AoF in DC with a few PoF mini-bosses also kind've lacks the epic quality of trying to kill the original Sleeper on Live. Not sure how to fix those two things.

Not_Kazowi
09-06-2014, 02:29 PM
If I were the GMs I would just shut this thing down. Never seen so many grown men act like babies over emulated Everquest

Not Salem
09-06-2014, 02:41 PM
man just play the game and enjoy it, or don't if you don't, no reason to cry about everything

Drakaris
09-06-2014, 02:45 PM
man just play the game and enjoy it, or don't if you don't, no reason to cry about everything

That's what I've been saying all along... you stealing my lines now? :(

Rec
09-06-2014, 02:47 PM
all gm events should be for lvl 20 and lower

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 02:50 PM
It's a game politics thing: banquests are not from the player here originally. Compare this with life server: Gms there and here. It's within the structure of this game.

Perhaps make it impossible from software to cheat with makros. Or get other punishments instead of bans. Perhaps a punishment one can't enter raidzones or cities. Or all chars of one IP can't enter raidzones anymore whoever logs them in like a flag.

Eslade
09-06-2014, 02:51 PM
We need soulbinders and the nexus.

Swyft
09-06-2014, 02:59 PM
It's a game politics thing: banquests are not from the player here originally. Compare this with life server: Gms there and here. It's within the structure of this game.

Perhaps make it impossible from software to cheat with makros. Or get other punishments instead of bans. Perhaps a punishment one can't enter raidzones or cities. Or all chars of one IP can't enter raidzones anymore whoever logs them in like a flag.

So every post now is gonna be a tear streaked soliloquy of how you can't get pixels from warm body status because your guild was rightfully banned for cheating. How about instead of all that nonsense just don't cheat so you don't have to worry about getting caught jesus christ!

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 03:07 PM
I never cheated in my life and most of guild didn't: Vaporize for example. Repeatingly say this again you are just a lyer.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 03:08 PM
This with soulbinder is a good idea for this small populated server. What's a Nexus?

Visual
09-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Poorly executed gm events are not exclusive to r99. Can't think of a single one that gone smoothly on p99.

The stakes are just higher here

Swyft
09-06-2014, 03:17 PM
I never cheated in my life and most of guild didn't: Vaporize for example. Repeatingly say this again you are just a lyer.

Vaporize openly admitted to RMT in OOC just openly out'd himself for it! Seriously your making yourself look really dumb now! Most of your guild did cheat it would take me hours to list them all, so you can't honestly believe that?

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 03:33 PM
You can't believe this seriously. Why should he do this? Because he is upset for banned innocently first time as nihilum officer and second time with his char together with Agatha at sol b. Which is still banned though all know it was Azrael training themself with rooting mobs in dungeon.

Swyft
09-06-2014, 03:39 PM
You can't believe this seriously. Why should he do this? Because he is upset for banned innocently first time as nihilum officer and second time with his char together with Agatha at sol b. Which is still banned though all know it was Azrael training themself with rooting mobs in dungeon.

I was there everyone saw it the idiot didn't know you couldn't RMT here and started bitching about being screwed out of RL money for a trade in OCC no he was not trolling.
This was wayyyy before Nilihum got banned so yea, Vap dirty as fawk with RMT as well.

I get the fact that you prolly honestly didn't know what was going on in your own guild, but saying they were clean is borderline retarded.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Arf count Sektors failures in Meridian59 to your list please. This and other have no relevance because of missing actuality. You cannot punish someone now for things who happened a long time before and say i dont have an evidence now but i heard it so often it must be true. There is no evidence but at blue server in the year 2001 or this this happened for sure.
This will not work at any jury of the world in a democratic country. Sirken said private forum and private teamspeak don't count for leadership accusations. And what happened in Meridian59 or at blue server or years ago don't count at all.

Gaffin 7.0
09-06-2014, 03:48 PM
sapphiay go away

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 03:51 PM
no :)

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 03:57 PM
When i apped for Nihilum i wrote i may not be good a pvp but i am very good in raiding and damage and i never ragequit.

Swyft
09-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Arf count Sektors failures in Meridian59 to your list please. This and other have no relevance because of missing actuality. You cannot punish someone now for things who happened a long time before and say i dont have an evidence now but i heard it so often it must be true. There is no evidence but at blue server in the year 2001 or this this happened for sure.
This will not work at any jury of the world in a democratic country. Sirken said private forum and private teamspeak don't count for leadership accusations. And what happened in Meridian59 or at blue server or years ago don't count at all.

His OCC was screenshotted and posted on the forums, with about 20 player's along with myself who were ingame and saw the OOC when he said. This was here about a year or so ago.

What's amazing is the fact that he just got suspended and not banned for it. So sorry Vap dirty as fawk with RMT.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 03:59 PM
There was nearly not a single post of me before i lost my family here.

Swyft
09-06-2014, 04:00 PM
There was nearly not a single post of me before i lost my family here.

Well that's what happens when you pick the Donner Family.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 04:01 PM
I am here since four months. I hope there will be some years until i die.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 04:04 PM
So he was not accused, not punished and it don't count then. Like it obviously don't count for Sektor or Lite what happened elsewhere or what people saying.

Swyft
09-06-2014, 04:05 PM
I am here since four months. I hope there will be some years until i die.

Next time pick a normal family instead of a buncha wendigo's who will eye your leg meat after starving for an hour.

No vap took a suspension for RMT, was guilty accused is like alleged you can't use alleged after convicted, why all this lawyer doctoring he did it, he said he did, he admitted to the crime lol WTF.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Concentrate on positive things here. Blue player starting here. Hopefully with many of them will be a much more nice atmophere here soon. Events for them would be great. Why Azrael or other can't make them for new player. This idea helping with bossmobs was a nice start.

Sear
09-06-2014, 04:50 PM
This shit happened on tz at every event. Its pvp. Unless its a 1-40 event, there will be no hand holding. Trying to band people who hate each other is just dumb.

Is this what happened?

If so, then I agree. This is a red server. I empathize with the GM having to deal with all the white noise and bullshit (believe me, I do), but running an event where you want competing high level guilds to hold hands and do pve together is just asking for it.

Heyitsme
09-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Swyft prime example of whats wrong with attitude on server, lots of nihilum didnt cheat. Everybody who plays on red is six degrees of separation away from someone who does, or is a scumbag. Lite, Nizzar, Jibekn, pyrokinetic, mostbitter, Sektor, Slathar, etc, etc... thats just a result of the small pop. Being inevitably close to one of these players at some point, being treated like a cardinal sin is dumb as fuck.

Example of the stupid hatred that is common on red, Smallmee invited me for a leveling group on my monk, and then him and his lackeys ganked me after checking my guild history which is fine, but then started saying repeatedly in OOC that i was Nizzar, people msging me like are you really Nizzar? The 5 people in the group that ganked me harrassing me in tells for 10 minutes straight. Im just some random who was in Nihi for a month maybe, just checking if that would be more interesting than outright quitting. With a big part of the pop that will brand me as a traitor, satan, nuthugger, etc, etc, for the rest of the characters life, even if the server lasts for 10 more years. Thats how hardcore dumb some of the people here are.

Not_Kazowi
09-06-2014, 09:18 PM
just shut the server down, theres no hope really. funnel all these pixel queens to blue so they can lick their chops.

Eslade
09-06-2014, 10:28 PM
just shut the server down, theres no hope really. funnel all these pixel queens to blue so they can lick their chops.

If you did that there would be a lot of /duel spam going on.

Sear
09-06-2014, 11:13 PM
If we wipe it clean right after I've put a billion poopsock hours into finally leveling my toon in 2014, I will fucking rage.

That being said, wipe it clean. It's the only way. Rumors. etc.

Kergan
09-06-2014, 11:51 PM
People should think of good ideas for GM events to help the staff out instead of bitching and doing everything in their power to fuck it up every time they put forth the effort.

Pretty obvious what the goal was here, try to force people who have done nothing but e-hate each other for 2+ years come together for a night with a common goal. If people keep holding stupid grudges forever there is no chance this gets better. I'm in a guild with Colgate for fucks sake, forgive and forget and learn to play the game for fun.

Eslade
09-07-2014, 01:07 AM
People should think of good ideas for GM events to help the staff out instead of bitching and doing everything in their power to fuck it up every time they put forth the effort.

Pretty obvious what the goal was here, try to force people who have done nothing but e-hate each other for 2+ years come together for a night with a common goal. If people keep holding stupid grudges forever there is no chance this gets better. I'm in a guild with Colgate for fucks sake, forgive and forget and learn to play the game for fun.

It seems that the only way to get people to work together is to have an event where global pvp gets turned off until a boss mob is killed.

Heyitsme
09-07-2014, 01:31 AM
It seems that the only way to get people to work together is to have an event where global pvp gets turned off until a boss mob is killed.

That should never, ever, happen.

Its a pvp server, if people are going to come together and kill a hard raid mob, it shouldnt be by turning off pvp. Its because people want to. Im opposed to anything that is not "sandboxy" where GMs interfere with the nature of the box, which should be player choice based pvp first and foremost.

Eslade
09-07-2014, 01:40 AM
That should never, ever, happen.

Its a pvp server, if people are going to come together and kill a hard raid mob, it shouldnt be by turning off pvp. Its because people want to. Im opposed to anything that is not "sandboxy" where GMs interfere with the nature of the box, which should be player choice based pvp first and foremost.

Not saying it's something that I'd want. I am saying that with the way the box is atm, the only common thing that all guilds would want is pvp back.

Buhbuh
09-07-2014, 01:58 AM
Or just have a guild leader that has the capacity to control his members at any given time when necessary.