PDA

View Full Version : GM Event Just Held/Finished.

Farzo
09-06-2014, 01:59 AM
What dropped and who won?

P.s. stop pissing Derubael off.

Swyft
09-06-2014, 02:03 AM
What dropped and who won?

P.s. stop pissing Derubael off.

3 guises dropped Retti, Tamtam and Dickcancer won them

Retti gave his to Tyrrael

HippoNipple
09-06-2014, 02:23 AM
GMs just need to stop having events anyways, the results are always dumb. Has anyone ever gotten an item that participated or do noobs standing around watching always get the gear?

Probably the biggest joke on this server is when cwall logged in to watch an event, got an aon, traded for 60 monk and won botb with no effort what so ever. Should have just shut the box down then.

Colgate
09-06-2014, 02:35 AM
8)

Swyft
09-06-2014, 02:38 AM
GMs just need to stop having events anyways, the results are always dumb. Has anyone ever gotten an item that participated or do noobs standing around watching always get the gear?

Probably the biggest joke on this server is when cwall logged in to watch an event, got an aon, traded for 60 monk and won botb with no effort what so ever. Should have just shut the box down then.

I don't think we could have possibly killed the mob without Dick Cancer.

But Retti deserved the item more than anyone, Duress kept the tank alive, so Retti gave it to Tyrrael. So at-least someone who really participated got something.

Derubael
09-06-2014, 02:40 AM
^I used to run those kinds of events as well, but everyone complained about them too.

Seems you guys just hate events in general.

quido
09-06-2014, 02:42 AM
I like loot - can i have a guise please

Farzo
09-06-2014, 02:44 AM
Hey Derubael,

May we know what you had planned for the main guy to drop?

Would love to know myself as I am sure others would :)

Swyft
09-06-2014, 02:50 AM
^I used to run those kinds of events as well, but everyone complained about them too.

IDK why you considered it a failure in the end you had the most bitter rivals working together to defeat a mob, I've never seen that on red.

Don't understand why blue goals are being pursued on a red box, but if team work was the goal I thought you succeeded.

Pretty much everything red players want is the opposite of blues, I just don't see why GM's don't realize that.

Why not have a different vision for red, than trying to make it another blue server.

Mac Drettj
09-06-2014, 03:00 AM
It was discouraging at the start because of the Azrael shit show, which was identical to the Nihilum shit show on other PvE GM events. Everyone was trying to halt PvP while Azrael was trying to do it alone.

That's cool, it's a PvP server and it's expected.

But they weren't blocking any other guilds. They were blocking random people with at most 4 of the same guild tag in zone from working together while they 40 manned it.

The PvP event that Zade/Sirken held in the Arena within the last year was a really fun, all levels involved event in my opinion. This was also a good event; different flavors.

In the end the little guys won by working together with heals/twitches/rezzes/patches etc, and that was the goal.

Swyft
09-06-2014, 03:08 AM
It was discouraging at the start because of the Azrael shit show, which was identical to the Nihilum shit show on other PvE GM events. Everyone was trying to halt PvP while Azrael was trying to do it alone.

That's cool, it's a PvP server and it's expected.

But they weren't blocking any other guilds. They were blocking random people with at most 4 of the same guild tag in zone from working together while they 40 manned it.

The PvP event that Zade/Sirken held in the Arena within the last year was a really fun, all levels involved event in my opinion. This was also a good event; different flavors.

In the end the little guys won by working together with heals/twitches/rezzes/patches etc, and that was the goal.

Exactly it was a rag tag lil group of us that took the mob down and won the items, sooo I really don;t know why Derubael didn't see it as a huge success when the end result was indeed everything he was hoping for.

No we didn't take out the nasty mob but oh well.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 03:18 AM
Getting my guild Nihilum back is the only event i wish from a GM.

iiNGloriouS
09-06-2014, 03:22 AM
We had 23, far less worse than anything Nihilum pulled in the past.

Swyft
09-06-2014, 03:25 AM
Getting my guild Nihilum back is the only event i wish from a GM.

Your guild was rightfully banned why do you want to be a part of a guild that cheats? Why do you have so little integrity? And no Azrael cheats to is not an acceptable defense, trust me they're time will come.

Farzo
09-06-2014, 03:39 AM
We had 23, far less worse than anything Nihilum pulled in the past.

I wasn't there but obv. you guys had atleast 15-20 in benchwarming guilds/untagged.

iiNGloriouS
09-06-2014, 03:41 AM
I wasn't there but obv. you guys had atleast 15-20 in benchwarming guilds/untagged.

I bet you get off to Elderan and his false sense of numbers too.

Farzo
09-06-2014, 03:47 AM
I bet you get off to Elderan and his false sense of numbers too.

Statistically speaking numbers are wrong sometimes and right other times.

Since you offered such a nice rebuttal the statistics must ne true this time.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 03:50 AM
They didn't got banned for cheating but for not reporting Nizzar. This serverquests of denunciation are disgusting. You wrote something about loyality.
If you are a victim of a behaviour its your right to petition.
I would not make the effort to spit to people doing it just to blackmail. They aren't worth it.
Sirken could have said at any time he gave this tell to Elderan that private forum and private teamspeak don't count as evidence. They are banned for not reporting Nizzar like it happened with illegal copies of both.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 04:00 AM
There is no complaining about this first ban of Nizzar because of RMT. All guidbanks were banned too forever and all his chars, forever. He didn't complained either ever in teamspeak when i was there.

quido
09-06-2014, 04:03 AM
I thought they got banned for botting.

Bazia
09-06-2014, 04:06 AM
yeah dat faction tho

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 04:07 AM
No, there was a threat some will banned forever if they find the evidence they had a makro to get crafting points. The rest was banned for not reporting Nizzar.
That was a neat doublespeak make people believe it was for cheating all of them.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 04:10 AM
There got people suspended who were not logged in for a long time only because they were officer of the guild. They had no chance to report anyone or to use this makro.
All officer got suspended for not reporting. Some got a threat for livelong ban if they find an evidence for using this crafting macro.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 04:12 AM
And i guess they frantically try to find this evidence now.

iiNGloriouS
09-06-2014, 04:13 AM
Does anyone read what this retard types?

Bazia
09-06-2014, 04:13 AM
no

iiNGloriouS
09-06-2014, 04:14 AM
K just making sure. Btw, hi pal.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 04:18 AM
With much more time they ever took to get sorted who was online last month and who was not.

Smedy
09-06-2014, 04:27 AM
sapphiay tears are so god damn delicious pals, i'm back yeaaaaa

event sounds like fun, now that azrael pals are on top maybe i should logon and collect some pixels u kno, U FEEL ME nihi?

warm body as fuk

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 04:29 AM
Have fun with pixels :)

derpcake
09-06-2014, 04:52 AM
Should have done an event for players under level 20 and promoted it on blue.

Funny how Deru got confronted with the servers attitude. Thought he was more up to date with the actual anger / anxiety that reigns.

Swyft
09-06-2014, 05:12 AM
They didn't got banned for cheating but for not reporting Nizzar. This serverquests of denunciation are disgusting. You wrote something about loyality.
If you are a victim of a behaviour its your right to petition.
I would not make the effort to spit to people doing it just to blackmail. They aren't worth it.
Sirken could have said at any time he gave this tell to Elderan that private forum and private teamspeak don't count as evidence. They are banned for not reporting Nizzar like it happened with illegal copies of both.

Nizzar used RMT compiles, Stripped accounts, RMT'd alot more than he got caught for, exploited mobs, trained, was banned MANY TIMES OVER for all the things I just listed on blue.

And most of the core of the guild was guilty for all the same things. It's like Al Capone he was nailed with tax evasion but no one was stupid enough to think that's all he was guilty of.

I spoke of loyalty, honor and integrity, but there is a difference between loyalty and stupidity. It's one thing not to rat on your friends or guildleader. It's another thing entirely to deny crimes they were convicted of. Or say they were unfair, if Nizzar wanted fair he would have played by the rules he never did, Not here not on Sullon zek.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 05:20 AM
That is a good idea. Concentrate on new player from blue could change the server to better. As Derubael said Azrael don't need the items anymore. They can have fun of their own in Veeshan's Peak.

Destroying one guild for the best of the other and be loved by all don't fit together.

Swyft
09-06-2014, 05:25 AM
That is a good idea. Concentrate on new player from blue could change the server to better. As Derubael said Azrael don't need the items anymore. They can have fun of their own in Veeshan's Peak.

Destroying one guild for the best of the other and be loved by all don't fit together.

How you gonna be upset that your guild was banned for cheating?

Nizzar was leading the guild, he wasn't allowed to lead the guild, period. That does not mean find a way around the rules lol. Your not even arguing for they're innocence but rather arguing it was unfair the way they were caught lol smh.

Who cares in the end they were still guilty right?

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 05:25 AM
Ah one more supporter of banquests. You ignor this thing banned for not reporting guildmember. And NO, please read what Derubael himself wrote in the letter to the former Nihilumguild your spies posted here on the forum. They are not guilty of the same thing. Just your all hysterical gossip without evidence made this all possible.
There were much more less posts from Nihilum accusing Azrael on this forum.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 05:26 AM
You are ignoring the facts. Derubael didn't banned them for cheating.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 05:28 AM
And this spoiled event is the result of your all hatequests here.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 05:29 AM
There could have been a friendly pvp with a strong Hokuten/Azrael alliance now against a weaker Nihilum which member got bored of pve and 20 hours raids a week. I had this dream.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 05:30 AM
Instead you spit at pvp and got gms at your side with this hatequest.

Swyft
09-06-2014, 05:32 AM
Ah one more supporter of banquests. You ignor this thing banned for not reporting guildmember. And NO, please read what Derubael himself wrote in the letter to the former Nihilumguild your spies posted here on the forum. They are not guilty of the same thing. Just your all hysterical gossip without evidence made this all possible.
There were much more less posts from Nihilum accusing Azrael on this forum.

I've known Nizzar allot longer than you have, you cannot tell me he is not guilty of MQ, RMT, account stripping, exploiting mobs, training, because I know for a fact he is.

He did the same shit on Sullon in Ruin, and guess what the guy he learned everything from Kirban was also Banned and his guild disbanded on live.

It is irrelevant what he was actually banned for, he should have been banned long ago, and has been banned on blue MANY TIMES.

That's not gossip, those are all facts! Which is why it's pointless to cry over why the guild actually got disbanded, when it got away with offense after offense.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 05:36 AM
And about training: Lite posted a frap to vp saying i just dropped mobs on them.
You defended just Samsungs frap with fakeevidence of a train on banquest just unlucky one from behind said this rootsentence.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 05:37 AM
The innocent suspended chars at not back yet.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 05:40 AM
And to exploiting mob: we saw the azraelgroup at kings fighting in water at funghicamp. We don't need to repeat what one or the other did forever. Both sides are the same here.

Sapphiay
09-06-2014, 05:43 AM
Just stop this all and get nice player here from blue to refresh the server. It's an excellent idea to help them with bossmobs from Lite. Just do it please.

Swyft
09-06-2014, 05:45 AM
And about training: Lite posted a frap to vp saying i just dropped mobs on them.
You defended just Samsungs frap with fakeevidence of a train on banquest just unlucky one from behind said this rootsentence.

So ho does Azrael also being dirty make Nihilum innocent, that's a 12 year old's defense, "But they do it too"

Newsflash I would love to see allot of AZ get banned who are dirty too. I'd love to see both Agatha and Sektor eat a perma-ban for RMT'ing. Right along Lite for Dual boxing like Sam Deathwalker.

I'm not like you I don't really feel "that everyone does it", because I don't and neither does my guild. I honestly think this server would be much better off without every habitual rule breaker around.

Drakaris
09-06-2014, 06:14 AM
So ho does Azrael also being dirty make Nihilum innocent, that's a 12 year old's defense, "But they do it too"

Newsflash I would love to see allot of AZ get banned who are dirty too. I'd love to see both Agatha and Sektor eat a perma-ban for RMT'ing. Right along Lite for Dual boxing like Sam Deathwalker.

I'm not like you I don't really feel "that everyone does it", because I don't and neither does my guild. I honestly think this server would be much better off without every habitual rule breaker around.

I think it is a language barrier thing, she is trying to say the following: Ban both or none at all...

I truthfully don't think any of the Nihilum core would come back even if they were invited back with a red carpet.

Jenni D
09-06-2014, 06:34 AM
Delicious thread

heartbrand
09-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Not sure i agree, i think that's probably the best moment in the history of the box. The joke is how far off the mark the GM's are with reality. The intention is always good but they never seem to hit the target. GM events often times do more harm than good, i think tonight may have been a good microcosm of this.

The only GM event that's going to work on this server is a PVP event, trying to do a PVE event, especially one requiring 50+ level 60s working together is LOL especially in this era of the box when no force could possibly field 30+.

Derubael giving up and saying he's never hosting another event b/c the community is shit but please subscribe to his weekly twitch was a pretty good punchline. Tonight i bet we could have had a couple of great 18 on 18 battles if the GM event format was a 'team A' vs. 'team b' kind of thing organized by a GM with summons. Fun by all, pvp had. Hopefully another GM will come along willing to do events now that Derubael 'will never do one agai' and maybe we can have some fun pvp battles on our pvp server.

500k hp mob with nexona and hoshkar aoe, oh man.

Wasn't at the event, but this seems like a good post. Unfortunately the brain rot here is so great people can't put elf grudges aside for even an hour to do things together. I remember when we had forced teams the first move would be to kill your own team member who you disliked. Bunch of morans here.

Buhbuh
09-06-2014, 08:14 AM
yea i remember when we did that team fight in the arena and tune, knowing who were good players and necessary classes to secure the win, made his team based on that, whereas lite just got a bunch of azrael that didn't pvp and who couldn't stand a chance against a star studded team like that.

im sure under the pretense of "loyalty"

heartbrand
09-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Maybe what the server really needs is a cleansing of all the brain rot from both sides. Wtb perma bans on DD stage 4 players.

Red_Psyphon
09-06-2014, 08:55 AM
HB is on to something. Pls forum kill the toxic shitheads living in the past.

Doors
09-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Not home and missed it fuk.

Vharvest
09-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Why this whole thing was a joke:

1) This is a polarized server with two main factions of end game players who hate each other. Trying to put anything together that requires them to work together for even 30 seconds is gonna end in a messy failure.

2) Even if it's something that encourages collaboration on multiple fronts, that is a "blue" mindset. The first inclination for any mobilized group of players on red would be "Hey, this is an exclusive mob with exclusive loot. If we can't take it down ourselves, make sure no one else gets it either and grief them. Nuke their clerics. stun their tanks," etc etc....

3) Derubael doesn't have a thick enough skin to deal with the red community. He could make a whole brand new zone with better raid encounters than Sony themselves, invented his own items and loot tables, brought 500 new players on to the server, and even if ONE person said "this is trash, wtf are you doing Deru," he would get emo and whiny about it, delete all the said content, and retreat in to a pity party.

I've barely been on the server a month and these three points are pretty obvious. Not saying that it's a good thing, in fact it's quite a tragedy considering what this server could be, but it's not entirely his fault either.

For him to shut down and say "No GM events ever again because you're all ungrateful fucks" is just a cop-out in my opinion. Grow some balls and learn to deal with criticism, you still provided something new for a 15 year old game and people got something out of it. Long story short, it was somewhat of a success in that regard, so don't be such a little bitch about it.

Buhbuh
09-06-2014, 10:19 AM
shoulda seen Stasis raging at me in ooc today, his brain rot was in overdrive.

logged in, immediately started spewing long form paragraphs trying to incriminate me over two different, completely unrelated things and then logged off counting down the 30 seconds of his camp.

Derubael
09-06-2014, 10:34 AM
3) Derubael doesn't have a thick enough skin to deal with the red community. He could make a whole brand new zone with better raid encounters than Sony themselves, invented his own items and loot tables, brought 500 new players on to the server, and even if ONE person said "this is trash, wtf are you doing Deru," he would get emo and whiny about it, delete all the said content, and retreat in to a pity party.

I've barely been on the server a month and these three points are pretty obvious. Not saying that it's a good thing, in fact it's quite a tragedy considering what this server could be, but it's not entirely his fault either.

For him to shut down and say "No GM events ever again because you're all ungrateful fucks" is just a cop-out in my opinion. Grow some balls and learn to deal with criticism, you still provided something new for a 15 year old game and people got something out of it. Long story short, it was somewhat of a success in that regard, so don't be such a little bitch about it.

Since you've only been here "barely a month" I'll let this comment slide.

I'm the only staff member with the "balls" to deal with this community at all. I take more shit than any other staff member but have outlasted my peers. If you'd been here longer than 3 weeks you'd have seen that. I simply don't want to deal with the QQ again in the future over events I run in my spare time to help the server.

This isn't limited to "PvE" events. Almost every event we've ever ran on the Red server has turned into a giant bitchfest, and I'm tired of it. With the exception of the lowbie events (which are always fun and enjoyable), all Red events inevitably end up with a handful of very loud, very pissed off people.

I'd rather not go through that anymore. Nobody else would either.

krazyGlue
09-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Thanks derubael for the event . I hope you host more in the future . Grats the 3 lowbies that won the guises . They might not be big named players but handing out prizes and loot to new players might get them to continue to play on this server and it also will draw new players in

Concave
09-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Vharvest's first two points seem reasonable. Trying to push the two groups of end-gamers into mutual cooperation and respect was an awfully lofty goal for a single GM event, and in the end required disabling PvP / forcibly DT'ing people to stop PvP, neither of which are gonna be taken kindly to by much of Red99's population.

I don't agree about Derubael, though. I think anyone'd get pretty irritated if all they caught for what amounts to elf-quest charity work is a bunch of grief and whining from most of the server population.

Cool to see the GM's run an event here. Hopefully it'll happen again sometime, looked like it was fun.

Vharvest
09-06-2014, 11:45 AM
Since you've only been here "barely a month" I'll let this comment slide.

I'm the only staff member with the "balls" to deal with this community at all. I take more shit than any other staff member but have outlasted my peers. If you'd been here longer than 3 weeks you'd have seen that. I simply don't want to deal with the QQ again in the future over events I run in my spare time to help the server.

This isn't limited to "PvE" events. Almost every event we've ever ran on the Red server has turned into a giant bitchfest, and I'm tired of it. With the exception of the lowbie events (which are always fun and enjoyable), all Red events inevitably end up with a handful of very loud, very pissed off people.

I'd rather not go through that anymore. Nobody else would either.

So, what you should take away from this is that you basically receive zero reward or recognition from the hardcore player base of toxic and hateful players that have stuck around for no other reason than to observe how much MORE toxic they can aspire to be. They get off on it. For you to put some work in to the GM event and then feel as though you weren't appreciated .... well, of course not, because they've never appreciated anything you have done in the past.

My post wasn't meant to insult you, in fact it's more of a stab at those who basically ruin anything you try to put together based on their attitudes towards the game.

Personally, there's no way I could do what you're doing and I respect you for that. I chose strong words and I apologize for that, I was a little out of line for sure, BUT, you should definitely take a step back and realize that new players like, or people coming from blue ..... well, we're going to see a GM event as something special that should be taken advantage of.

Believe me, if I was level 60 with raid gear and I had the slightest chance of affecting the outcome of last night's event, or if I had any influence whatsoever over the inner workings of Holo/Nihi/Azrael/whoever, then I would tell them that they are basically being dbags, but they already know that and so do you.

I'm not offering a fix-all solution to your predicament, but maybe you should just host lower level events or cater to those who have thrown themselves in to the server in an attempt to change it once they reach the required benchmarks in the game to do so.

Maybe you could plant some seeds, foster some of the new faces, and who knows, maybe three months from now you will have a guild who PVP's and isn't full of negativity. Reach out to those who have positive things to say about the work you put in here, instead of trying to earn respect from those who will not give it to you, no matter what you do.

You guys could release Velious tommorow, and the only thing they would have to say is "Why didn't you do it sooner, OMG there are still bugs, OMG this is such garbage." Less than 5% of the "regulars" would actually be genuinely excited about it because they're so jaded right now that Mother Theresa herself could be the GM for the server and it still wouldn't matter.

I'm sorry man, I actually really feel bad for you, but what you're doing is important for the longevity of the server and there are those of us who don't want to see you just throw in the towel because a bunch of trolls are taking you for granted for the millionth time.

The only reason I myself was somewhat negative about the situation is because you basically gave up the moment everyone didn't fall to their knees and praise you for trying something new, HOWEVER...

If you had stuck to your guns instead of acknowledging the fact that their criticism bothered you, and you just move on and do another event next Friday, rest assured that there are players who look forward to that.

It actually discourages the new people more when we see the old people basically running GM support in to the ground, because we'd like to see more stuff like this, but not if it's going to basically signify that you're getting more and more likely to just turn your back on the whole project further.

I have no right to comment with any authority on any of this because like you said, I haven't been able to observe for an extended period of time. I am a blue player of a few years however, and I've been on the forums that entire time, just reading all the crap that you have to put up with, and let me say that it is very regrettable.

Sorry I pissed you off, I could have put it more politely instead of sounding like an Azrael or Nihilum dbag.... I shouldn't spout off about how unhealthy they are for this community and then basically emulate that behavior.

Pokesan
09-06-2014, 11:58 AM
i had more fun watching stream than i likely would have getting griefed by azrael

angry is quite a lovely flavor of the derubael

Sheriff
09-06-2014, 12:02 PM

Nope I would love events, but I would like some advanced notice to attend. I got a job, wife and a kid. I can't play elf simulator like its reallife.

Sheriff
09-06-2014, 12:04 PM
So, what you should take away from this is that you basically receive zero reward or recognition from the hardcore player base of toxic and hateful players that have stuck around for no other reason than to observe how much MORE toxic they can aspire to be. They get off on it. For you to put some work in to the GM event and then feel as though you weren't appreciated .... well, of course not, because they've never appreciated anything you have done in the past.

My post wasn't meant to insult you, in fact it's more of a stab at those who basically ruin anything you try to put together based on their attitudes towards the game.

Personally, there's no way I could do what you're doing and I respect you for that. I chose strong words and I apologize for that, I was a little out of line for sure, BUT, you should definitely take a step back and realize that new players like, or people coming from blue ..... well, we're going to see a GM event as something special that should be taken advantage of.

Believe me, if I was level 60 with raid gear and I had the slightest chance of affecting the outcome of last night's event, or if I had any influence whatsoever over the inner workings of Holo/Nihi/Azrael/whoever, then I would tell them that they are basically being dbags, but they already know that and so do you.

I'm not offering a fix-all solution to your predicament, but maybe you should just host lower level events or cater to those who have thrown themselves in to the server in an attempt to change it once they reach the required benchmarks in the game to do so.

Maybe you could plant some seeds, foster some of the new faces, and who knows, maybe three months from now you will have a guild who PVP's and isn't full of negativity. Reach out to those who have positive things to say about the work you put in here, instead of trying to earn respect from those who will not give it to you, no matter what you do.

You guys could release Velious tommorow, and the only thing they would have to say is "Why didn't you do it sooner, OMG there are still bugs, OMG this is such garbage." Less than 5% of the "regulars" would actually be genuinely excited about it because they're so jaded right now that Mother Theresa herself could be the GM for the server and it still wouldn't matter.

I'm sorry man, I actually really feel bad for you, but what you're doing is important for the longevity of the server and there are those of us who don't want to see you just throw in the towel because a bunch of trolls are taking you for granted for the millionth time.

The only reason I myself was somewhat negative about the situation is because you basically gave up the moment everyone didn't fall to their knees and praise you for trying something new, HOWEVER...

If you had stuck to your guns instead of acknowledging the fact that their criticism bothered you, and you just move on and do another event next Friday, rest assured that there are players who look forward to that.

It actually discourages the new people more when we see the old people basically running GM support in to the ground, because we'd like to see more stuff like this, but not if it's going to basically signify that you're getting more and more likely to just turn your back on the whole project further.

I have no right to comment with any authority on any of this because like you said, I haven't been able to observe for an extended period of time. I am a blue player of a few years however, and I've been on the forums that entire time, just reading all the crap that you have to put up with, and let me say that it is very regrettable.

Sorry I pissed you off, I could have put it more politely instead of sounding like an Azrael or Nihilum dbag.... I shouldn't spout off about how unhealthy they are for this community and then basically emulate that behavior.

Holy shot ! The very definition of TLDR.

LostCause
09-06-2014, 12:05 PM
that nice 2am event.

Vharvest
09-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Holy shot ! The very definition of TLDR.

Yeah, maybe so, but someone needs to actually communicate with the guy instead of posting a bunch of useless crap or telling him how bad he is or how he messed something up, when I doubt 99% of anyone on these forums could do better. Just saying.

nilbog
09-06-2014, 12:54 PM
when I doubt 99% of anyone on these forums could do better. Just saying.

99.9%.

I look forward to scripting large events for both servers once Velious is complete. What a lot of you fail to realize is that GMs don't have a lot of tools to work with; they make live events based on what they have at their disposal. Given time, and preexisting database/perl content, there is a lot that could be/will be done.

Colgate
09-06-2014, 12:55 PM
u kno wut could b done nilborg?

item loot

8)

Sektor
09-06-2014, 01:20 PM

item loot

8)

shh

Vharvest
09-06-2014, 01:27 PM

item loot

8)

Actually Colgate is one of the few endgame players I respect because he's never sold out, so if you were going to take the advice of a faithful, it would be him.

And, as a Rallos Zek player on live, item loot was my #1 motivation to PvP and get in the thick of things. There was NOTHING more rewarding in PvP than taking down someone who had better gear than you because you were a more skilled player.

I was a 15 year old kid merc'ing people on my SK who had 30kpp or more worth of gear in advantages on me, and I can still feel the hard-ons I would bust out after killing one of them and getting to wear something of theirs. It would end up being a huge upgrade.

For real, add item loot. Looting plat doesn't really matter.... plat drops everywhere. Looting someone's Fungi though? Epic.

Technique
09-06-2014, 01:29 PM
This isn't limited to "PvE" events. Almost every event we've ever ran on the Red server has turned into a giant bitchfest, and I'm tired of it. With the exception of the lowbie events (which are always fun and enjoyable), all Red events inevitably end up with a handful of very loud, very pissed off people.I don't think you realize that the degree to which this happens is directly proportional to your level of involvement in these events and how heavy-handed your administration of them is.

I won't deny that this server is populated by several incorrigible shitbags, but they're not particularly intelligent and will behave predictably in reaction to what you present them with.

So when you find yourself "disabling PvP / forcibly DT'ing people to stop PvP", just so your little event can play out how you envisioned it, you're only perpetuating the problems you sought to correct.

Infectious
09-06-2014, 01:29 PM
This is a pvp server... Make pvp events. When you were drawing up this event did you really believe everyone was gona join hands and complete this pve event and high five at the end?

karsten
09-06-2014, 01:38 PM
a number of people have reiterated that you will need a thick skin to run red, Derubael, and you responded by getting defensive.

Think about dat

Mac Drettj
09-06-2014, 02:10 PM
I disagree with peoples statement that we should have no "pve" events.

What's wrong with encouraging people to work together who otherwise never would have, to get a shot at some legendary items? That's one of those things that everyone secretly wishes we had more of because it encourages new players and creates friendships that wouldn't have otherwise occurred on a free for all pop server.

Any GM event is a good event in my opinion.

Level 60 scene is jaded and has several years of history as frenemies.

Bazia
09-06-2014, 02:24 PM
yeah coulda been fun idk

Vharvest
09-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Host an event every Friday, and know that there are those of us who will look forward to it. We will cancel real life plans. We will tell our significant others to F off. We will lube ourselves up and trim our neckbeards and style them in to dreadlocks....

But don't give up, dude. I saw your call to arms post at work and couldn't wait to get home, but then I did and I lost all hope because you were letting all the 50+ dbags get to you.

Don't let them.

pgerman
09-06-2014, 02:48 PM
nilly doesn't get loot for a couple of weeks, now they trying to force azrael to team up with x nihilum members

how sad

Gaffin 7.0
09-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Lower level GM events just like live did and on Rallos Zek is where its at. Why?

1. Its appreciated by all the lower's
2. No disrespecto to staff
3. Benefit from loot since xp boost is huge.

it could be small loot just like west commons with werewolfs dropping nightshade wreath's n shit

all of my group instantly rushed to dagnors only to be let down with a lvl 60 encounter

just like all the other events on p99 have been for years

ty for the thought of a event and sorry it ended up frustrating

my 2 cents

Tameth
09-06-2014, 02:53 PM
I enjoyed

Bazia
09-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Lower level GM events just like live did and on Rallos Zek is where its at. Why?

1. Its appreciated by all the lower's
2. No disrespecto to staff
3. Benefit from loot since xp boost is huge.

it could be small loot just like west commons with werewolfs dropping nightshade wreath's n shit

all of my group instantly rushed to dagnors only to be let down with a lvl 60 encounter

just like all the other events on p99 have been for years

ty for the thought of a event and sorry it ended up frustrating

my 2 cents

last 4 events before this were for low levels

Gaffin 7.0
09-06-2014, 02:56 PM
shocking guess i never been around for them then, all 3 here and previous 3 or 4 on blue all were lvl 60

Mac Drettj
09-06-2014, 03:01 PM
My favorite event was probably the arena one where they did 10 level brackets with the lottery tickets. It was hilariously fun.

Most notable from that event:

3 cloth newbs finished off twainz epic fungi rogue for level 20 bracket first place.

Tune team raped Lite team in the dodgeball teambuilding 60s bracket.

Mac Drettj
09-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Oh that level 20 bracket had Mrbigs and Twainz rogue. Odds were heavily against the non rogue team but teamwork between strangers prevailed. 8)

Colgate
09-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Tune team raped Lite team in the dodgeball teambuilding 60s bracket.

aww yiss i remember that

Derubael
09-06-2014, 04:37 PM
I don't think you realize that the degree to which this happens is directly proportional to your level of involvement in these events and how heavy-handed your administration of them is.

I won't deny that this server is populated by several incorrigible shitbags, but they're not particularly intelligent and will behave predictably in reaction to what you present them with.

So when you find yourself "disabling PvP / forcibly DT'ing people to stop PvP", just so your little event can play out how you envisioned it, you're only perpetuating the problems you sought to correct.

I don't think anyone realizes the only reason we stopped PvP was because the event was already over and I stopped PvP so I could distribute loot fairly by rolling.

I would never stop PvP during an event just so "things could play out the way I want them to".

heartbrand
09-06-2014, 04:39 PM
nilly doesn't get loot for a couple of weeks, now they trying to force azrael to team up with x nihilum members

how sad

Here's your issue. One side with such brain rot that even people like Ryser who are some of the nicest people you'll encounter on this box are evil x nihilum members because they showed up to between six and seven raids. The brain rot is a one direction disease. You don't find the same level of hatred and crippling disdain for azrael amongst the other people on the server who actually play here. Once nihilum was removed and the people who fostered the brain rot quit on the other side you'd think azrael would move on also. I don't blame derubael at all. Very discouraging for the future of red.

karsten
09-06-2014, 05:06 PM
I don't think anyone realizes the only reason we stopped PvP was because the event was already over and I stopped PvP so I could distribute loot fairly by rolling.

I would never stop PvP during an event just so "things could play out the way I want them to".

you are responding to the wrong posts, dude, and i think you know it

karsten
09-06-2014, 05:07 PM
i'll also say that you're responding to the wrong things in the posts that you're responding to, and i think you know that too

Derubael
09-06-2014, 05:14 PM
last 4 events before this were for low levels

^ That. possibly even 5 if you include the arena event as a "low level" event (which it was).

shocking guess i never been around for them then, all 3 here and previous 3 or 4 on blue all were lvl 60

This isn't true either. The last event we did on blue was a free run for all levels from freeport to qeynos. Before that it was a level 60 event, and before that it was a series of low level races, pvp events, and random encounters (on blue).

On red the only events we've run this whole year have been PvP events. The amount of misinformation that gets spread on these servers makes my head spin.

If you guys treat the Guides right maybe they'll be willing to run a PvP event for you high level guys. They are easy to set up and don't require GM powers like mob summoning. I used to do these all the time because I was a Guide and couldn't do anything more significant.

The funny thing is, and I wish I could dig up these comments but it's not worth the effort, when I was doing all the big PvP events over here on Red, there were a ton of people, including some of those decrying PvE events now, that called for more complex PvE oriented events that the whole server could go at. I hate to say it but I honestly don't think some of you know what you want, as is apparent to me because of the aforementioned flip-flop. That's not meant to be an insult because it's neither good nor bad - it's just an observation based on what I've seen/heard over the last ~year of doing events.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a PvE event on a PvP server, and a lot of you agreed with me on that 6 months ago (which was why I did a PvE event). The thing about it is that PvE events can absolutely be PvP events as well - fighting over the target to try and win loot rights. But at a certain point once it's clear one side has won, everyone should band together to take it down (if necessary, like it was last night). The winning side can decide if they want to keep the loot drops or pass them off, but at least that way everyone gets to participate and have fun (for most people, the fun is in the encounter, not the loot that drops). In a year from now people will be talking about how much they dislike the PvP events and wish we would do something PvE oriented like we do on blue. It's an inevitable cycle of events that will continue to repeat itself until the box dies.

As a side note, I have relaxed since last night. I was never really "mad", but definitely disappointed and frustrated at the situation. Regardless, I did take some of that out on Jibeknn, which wasn't appropriate, and for that I apologize. I really do think the current attitude at the top-end is detrimental to the server (there were people who had nothing to do with Nihilum getting PK'd upon entering DC, so nobody can say it was just to stop ex-niihlum), and that it's going to drive people away in the long run. All of that being said, I do plan to help with high-level events in the future, but will likely not quarterback them like I usually do. We already have plans to do PvP events a short ways down the road, both high and low.

The only thing I've ever cared about is the health of the server - I don't get anything out of this position except the enjoyment of knowing that people are having fun, and as many people as possible are doing so. It's a tough place to be in, and I take a lot more heat than anyone else because - as some of you may have noticed - I often come to the forums to write explanations like this when no one else will. I do that because, despite the flames that inevitably result, I care about the community and feel you guys deserve to hear the reasoning behind various decisions. I don't have to do that, but I do anyways, because I care.

Sorry for the tl;dr. I sincerely hope this box can lay the past to rest and allow the server to flourish the way it's supposed to.

Edit: Karsten, I didn't do anything wrong last night, except to assume that people could get along, so what are you going on about?

derpcake
09-06-2014, 05:20 PM
I didn't read all that man, wtf.

People were bitter and annoying as fuck?

Thats what the server is like. I mean I have good reason to join them, after seeing ninjalooting being ignored by staff, hell takes effort to look into them logs, but wtf, you new to red99?

Haha

Sektor
09-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Ignore Karsten the guy is mental.

derpcake
09-06-2014, 05:22 PM
u def gonna win forumquest btw, solid time investment

Vharvest
09-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Derubael, let me ask you one question, just curious.

How long did it take to set up that AoF and the two fear golems? Just curious. I know you don't just select a mob from a mob list and press a button, it's probably way more complicated than that. But for real, how hard was it?

I just wanna know because in case you have a change of heart attitude wise, I'd like to know how physically difficult it is for you to do something like this again.

For example, how hard would it be for you to clone a version of Gorenaire and put her in GFay or Lfay for people to raid, but with buffed AoE's or something. Something similar to what you did last night.

derpcake
09-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Its just fucking hilarous.

Something happened and the P1999red folks were unfriendly.

Better inform CNN, dat scoop.

Derubael
09-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Derubael, let me ask you one question, just curious.

How long did it take to set up that AoF and the two fear golems? Just curious. I know you don't just select a mob from a mob list and press a button, it's probably way more complicated than that. But for real, how hard was it?

I just wanna know because in case you have a change of heart attitude wise, I'd like to know how physically difficult it is for you to do something like this again.

For example, how hard would it be for you to clone a version of Gorenaire and put her in GFay or Lfay for people to raid, but with buffed AoE's or something. Something similar to what you did last night.

Depends on how involved I want to make it. Because my NPC's aren't pre-scripted like Nilbog mentioned above, all of the spells, abilities, and the NPC's individual stats have to be modified by hand. The attacks themselves have to be triggered manually. Essentially, you have to stand by and babysit the encounter if you want your NPC to do anything but auto-attack. It won't DT on it's own, frenzy/flurry, AE, lifetap, etc. I have to do all that by hand during the encounter.

The actual setup of the mobs is relatively quick. If you already know what you want it takes 5-10 minutes to actually have them ready, through a series of #modifynpcstat commands to buff HP, magic/poison/disease resist (to block all slows), str/dex/etc, and a few other things. If you want to have some sort of roleplay setup for the encounter (broadcasting "HEY COME GET THE MOB IN ZONE X" vs a series of global emotes detailing an immense power coming to Norrath), something I greatly enjoy doing because it's so much more interesting than the alternative.

Basically if we want an interesting encounter we have to either:

A) Pre-script the NPC, requiring Nilbog, who is very busy with Velious at the moment, and I refuse to disturb (even though he'd probably enjoy taking a Velious break to cook up some cool events with us, sry bogpal! :D )

or

B) Stick around for the entire event and manually control it. If you want things to be fair/interesting, and force people to "figure out" the encounter, you have to be really consistent with your NPC attacks. This is a lot harder than you might think - you can't just walk in and start dropping an AE every 30 seconds because that's an impossible encounter. Everything has to be laid out, usually involving timers, or a set of rules/conditions that trigger the attacks, before you can start the event.

It's pretty involved, and because we have to stick around takes lots of time. It's also a lot of fun, and whenever you do it the hope is that the players will have fun too.

derpcake
09-06-2014, 05:54 PM

Gl conveying such a long message to those with the attention span of an aroused gnat.

Imago
09-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Essentially, you have to stand by and babysit the encounter if you want your NPC to do anything but auto-attack. It won't DT on it's own, frenzy/flurry, AE, lifetap, etc. I have to do all that by hand during the encounter.

Does that mean that during Fright you were the one choosing to DT in shorter intervals as the fight progressed?

Mac Drettj
09-06-2014, 07:41 PM
an aroused gnat.

made me think of hateraid

iiNGloriouS
09-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Does that mean that during Fright you were the one choosing to DT in shorter intervals as the fight progressed?

All 3 clerics DTed interrupted at the same time.