PDA

View Full Version : Critique my plan...

chayes
09-05-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm an overthinker. Drop some knowledge bombs on my plan and tell me where I'm dumb in this.

Currenty lvl9 HE cleric

Current> lvl 14 CB
14>28/30 unrest (monitor external EC site for deals on wisd gear)
Pickup testament of Vaneer en-route (high pass) to Perma
Grind 3 pieces of gear in Perma
L-guk till 40ish for more wis gear

Rais
09-05-2014, 12:03 PM
You made a highelf cleric.

I would also keep a eye on Mistmoore for when it is empty. Make a small group, kill and level up faster than unrest.

Estu
09-05-2014, 01:14 PM
CB is good. You might have trouble staying there until level 14. The only viable camp that high is the throne room, which in my experience is often not bothered with because it can be tricky to split. You might want to move to Unrest a little earlier.

Similarly, you might have trouble staying in Unrest until late 20s. Yard and main room are the popular camps. They'll take you to 19 or 20 or so. First floor mobs start greening out in the high teens. At that point you'd need to move to fireplace (second floor camp) or basement. Neither is as popular as first floor / yard stuff. If you're having trouble finding groups at that point, it might be a good time to move to Mistmoore.

Mistmoore is good from 20ish (pond) through your mid to late 20s (graveyard + pit) up to your early to mid 30s (castle entrance). It's very popular. Here you might run into the problem of not being able to find a group because everything's already full. In that case you could try less popular areas like Solusek A and Upper Guk - you'll need to take more initiative with forming your own groups and getting people over there.

I would NOT recommend trying to grind your own gear as a lowbie cleric. Instead, just focus on EXPing. If you happen to pick up something worth money, even if you can't use it, you can go to EC and get some cheap gear. Whatever paltry WIS gear you're going to pick up in pre-50s dungeons is not going to make a big difference (other than maybe Testament of Vanear) in your ability to group as a cleric. For that matter, whatever cheap gear you buy in EC probably won't make much of a difference either unless you have a thousand or so platinum to spend.

Basically I'd say focus more on EXP than gear. If you can afford your spells and your symbol components you'll be alright. Real money starts rolling in in your 50s when you're doing HS and Sebilis groups, since monsters there will drop gems that are actually worth a hundred or so platinum, as well as occasionally dropping a pricey piece of gear. Later on you can do straight-up cash camps like Fungi King if you have a group with you. AE Chardok as a 50+ cleric is an excellent option for both EXP and money if you can get a spot there, although for clerics I think they usually want you to have an epic.

chayes
09-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Plan altered!

So any additional mana from wish isn't really worth it while leveling?

kruptcy
09-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Plan altered!

So any additional mana from wish isn't really worth it while leveling?

I think his point was that your most important stat isn't wis, it's levels. Any wis gear you pick up along the line incidentally is great, but don't slow down your exp in order to farm low level wis gear.

chayes
09-05-2014, 02:38 PM
We'll said. And noted!

loramin
09-05-2014, 02:44 PM
I would NOT recommend trying to grind your own gear as a lowbie cleric. Instead, just focus on EXPing. If you happen to pick up something worth money, even if you can't use it, you can go to EC and get some cheap gear. Whatever paltry WIS gear you're going to pick up in pre-50s dungeons is not going to make a big difference (other than maybe Testament of Vanear) in your ability to group as a cleric. For that matter, whatever cheap gear you buy in EC probably won't make much of a difference either unless you have a thousand or so platinum to spend.

Basically I'd say focus more on EXP than gear.

What Estu said.

Also, if you start feeling more adventurous and want to branch out from the more standard places like Unrest and Mistmoore, there's always the Per-Level Hunting Guide (http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide). As a cleric you probably can't solo many of those places, but just grab a tank and optionally a slower and you can get some great duo/trio experience.

lecompte
09-05-2014, 04:08 PM
I advocate Highhold Pass (great exp bonus, not as crowded as Unrest, better money earning), and Oasis. Then lake of ill omen.

Highhold Keep isn't as good as MM because the basement group is usually full with a waiting list and there is often a few level 28-30 people in the group who could duo the camp -- feels funny to have 6 people.

Estu
09-05-2014, 04:50 PM
I advocate Highhold Pass (great exp bonus, not as crowded as Unrest, better money earning), and Oasis. Then lake of ill omen.

I gotta disagree with oasis/loio. If you're grouping, man up and do a dungeon, it's more challenging and you get more EXP per kill (better ZEM). Leave outdoor zones to soloers.

Daldaen
09-05-2014, 05:24 PM
I'm an overthinker. Drop some knowledge bombs on my plan and tell me where I'm dumb in this.

Currenty lvl9 HE cleric

Current> lvl 14 CB
14>28/30 unrest (monitor external EC site for deals on wisd gear)
Pickup testament of Vaneer en-route (high pass) to Perma
Grind 3 pieces of gear in Perma
L-guk till 40ish for more wis gear

I'd suggest doing 14-40 in Unrest. 14-24 you'll likely want to group. 24-30 you can solo top floor pretty well. Come 30 you can solo basement but throw in some grouping. 34-40 solo hag room.

Swim out to the dwarf in Dagnors to sell fine steel for Platinums. It definitely adds up. Going 34-40 in hag room will get you several bloodstained mantles to sell, and a few bloodstained tunics (1 to use). That will buy you a decent amount of basic gear. 3 WIS earrings, 6 WIS rings, 7 WIS mask. Etc.

40+ you can so LGuk.

Permafrost is a big pain solo unless the mobs are green to you. While they are still blue cons it's annoying to solo. Group is fine though.

Wrench
09-05-2014, 06:00 PM
I think his point was that your most important stat isn't wis, it's levels. Any wis gear you pick up along the line incidentally is great, but don't slow down your exp in order to farm low level wis gear.

i disagree

your most important 'stat' is fun

if your burning yourself out grinding, and want to take a break to work on your gear and enjoy questing for a bit, you absolutely should

you will then have more fun when you come back and feel good about the gearing of your character when you do start grouping again

do not treat this server as a race, seen tons of people race to 60 and just stop playing, just enjoy the process

DireBadger
09-10-2014, 08:08 AM
As a HiE cleric you can use Jarsath Scale armor

http://wiki.project1999.com/Jarsath_Scale_Armor

I went to Karnor's at level (14 Invis to Undead helps). Just sit at the entreance and ask politely for any drops that are going to rot anyway. (I repeated in /ooc every 30 min or so)

Great armor - low weight. Legs, wrist, hands and head are your main target (+wis, +mana), but the other pieces are still usefull.

Remember to get a SoW before leaving FV (or after porting directly to DL) - and be careful not to train anyone inside Karnor.

chayes
09-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Brilliant!