PDA

View Full Version : Red population hitting over 200 nightly

Swish
09-04-2014, 05:29 AM
I know..."who cares?!", "stop posting about red in this forum", etc.

While that still is comparatively small in the eyes of those that play on blue, it is becoming noticeably easier to get grouped up. One guy playing music in the also growing http://plug.dj/project1999 room last night said he was XP'ing in a full group in Kurn's Tower and I've been able to find groups for my characters for CB, Mistmoore, COM and other zones.

No gifs, no annoying joking around with it... just to say that if you're on the fence about trying red that now is a good time to try :)

Flame me if you must below... but I think its nice to see things blossoming over there - we just need a prominent Euro guild appearing for us non-US folk ;)

<3

Swish
09-04-2014, 05:32 AM
PS - still happy to make JC'ed items at cost for new starters in Freeport/Neriak. You buy the mats, I'll hit "combine". Leave me a PM :)

From +2 int rings and platinum ruby veils to MR gear. 250 JC at your service.

holsteinrx7
09-04-2014, 05:51 AM
200 people aka breaking news: red still dead

Bboboo
09-04-2014, 06:18 AM
See what happens when you guys stop telling us to play red for a while?

Keep quite!

myriverse
09-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Except they didn't stop.

Swish
09-04-2014, 09:31 AM
I don't think anyone is denying that 250-300 is better than 200, but it's going in the right direction. If you play "prime time" you'll see a groupable population around in the more common newbie areas.

I can do pickups at wiz spires and binds at nearby cities if anyone is wanting a change of scene (except you lizards, but Kunark is so good to start with you probably won't want to leave :P)

http://i.imgur.com/Zyg7BQ0.jpg

indiscriminate_hater
09-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Pulse detected. Praise

Rangerdown
09-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Man dont advertise or red be as overpopulated as blue. :-P

Rerolled red on monday. Lots of mobs, just the right amount of players in zones to group if i choose to. Got ganked at low health while engaged with a mob by a twinked sk only once in 18 levels. People auctioning in serverwide ooc is kind of annoying but overall i like it here.

Rangerdown
09-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Also there is far more Jihadifreeporti shouting that they must kill the infidels here which i find most entertaining.

LulzSect
09-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Red is toxic

This poster was a member of the dismantled guild busted for RMT.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/c5/c518ac7bbec3b5061660cec0c38d785be26c0ff6de8b4d8283 5718bd9b199610.jpg

Amyas
09-04-2014, 12:13 PM
I will roll a toon on red if somebody twinks meh =P

feanan
09-04-2014, 12:34 PM
red so high cause a LOT of ppl bored after years of kunark.

taking bets on red population after velious drops? 20?

Nuggie
09-04-2014, 12:37 PM
The giant dieing was important thing for the server.

Atalya
09-04-2014, 02:41 PM

While that still is comparatively small in the eyes of those that play on blue, it is becoming noticeably easier to get grouped up. One guy playing music in the also growing http://plug.dj/project1999 room last night said he was XP'ing in a full group in Kurn's Tower and I've been able to find groups for my characters for CB, Mistmoore, COM and other zones.

No gifs, no annoying joking around with it... just to say that if you're on the fence about trying red that now is a good time to try :)

Flame me if you must below... but I think its nice to see things blossoming over there - we just need a prominent Euro guild appearing for us non-US folk ;)

<3

Glad you guys almost make it worth the bandwidth and resources to keep the server alive. Please proceed to resuming to f off thanks

LulzSect
09-04-2014, 04:15 PM
tell us how you really feel

Swish
09-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Glad you guys almost make it worth the bandwidth and resources to keep the server alive. Please proceed to resuming to f off thanks

you're emotionally compromised in far too many posts Atalya, I wouldn't recommend red for someone with anger management issues - it has its moments :p

iruinedyourday
09-04-2014, 04:18 PM

this guys over in EC (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164093&page=3) flaming everyone with made up stories about how he got ripped off, name and shaming multiple guilds not even affiliated with his blunder of a EC sale and hes over here telling swish to f off?

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/c5/c518ac7bbec3b5061660cec0c38d785be26c0ff6de8b4d8283 5718bd9b199610.jpg

Swish
09-04-2014, 04:36 PM
this guys over in EC (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164093&page=3) flaming everyone with made up stories about how he got ripped off, name and shaming multiple guilds not even affiliated with his blunder of a EC sale..

wow :/

http://i.minus.com/jZjd0SofYCVnk.png

Tewaz
09-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Swish is a saint.

daasgoot
09-04-2014, 05:05 PM
lvled shaman 1-34 in ~ 1 week. Have had no trouble finding groups or starting groups in popular high ZEM dungeons during my playtimes (9pm-1am MST)

yes there are twinked gankers

exp bonus more than makes up for any downtime caused by gankers.

I can PLAY on red while waiting on camps/groups/chardok aoe/PH's etc on blue.

nothing more satisfying than having a twink attack your group. whole group starts busting his ass and he goes running for the ZL (its kinda like a boss fight/mini raid)

people generally want to group rather than PVP (unless they are there just to PVP)

people have generally been kind and helpful on the red server.

are there asshats? yes

are the asshats the MAJORITY of the population? not in my experience.

If you anger easily, take offence to being attacked for no reason etc.. don't bother trying red.

when there is an asshat pissing you and other ppl off.. attack him and run him out of the zone.

p.s. disappointed in swish for not making GIF for red recruitment post. plz step up ur game.

Swish
09-04-2014, 05:24 PM
p.s. disappointed in swish for not making GIF for red recruitment post. plz step up ur game.

good post, and didn't want to agitate people too much - too many fun pictures stops the message getting across, but since we made page 3 and the ADHD crowd didn't read the OP I'm sure they won't spot it ;)

http://i.imgur.com/qVBZLHL.gif

(if you look behind Jibekn, you'll see Gus Fring plays with us <3)

http://i.imgur.com/VLd4gi1.gif

applesauce25r624
09-04-2014, 06:10 PM
blue is full

try tichondrius... i mean red

Ravager
09-05-2014, 06:01 AM
http://makeameme.org/media/created/have-you-read-r6bbo6.jpg

Baler
09-05-2014, 06:39 AM
Even during the lowest population hours blue has more than that.
http://oi59.tinypic.com/ou7cm0.jpg

Swish
09-05-2014, 06:59 AM
21x more players than the beta server.

Impatient calls for Velious last night on Derubael's stream... wut?

Dacuk
09-05-2014, 08:15 AM
when Velious releases and ToV has 300 people in it and you guys are scrabbling for HoT scraps while hoping your guild's ranger gets FTE on Eashen, you are gonna wish you had started on red earlier to not be in the midst of such a sickly overpopulated high end game.

PM for help with ports / noob gear if you are interested in giving red a shot.

Daldaen
09-05-2014, 08:32 AM
when Velious releases and ToV has 300 people in it and you guys are scrabbling for HoT scraps while hoping your guild's ranger gets FTE on Eashen, you are gonna wish you had started on red earlier to not be in the midst of such a sickly overpopulated high end game.

PM for help with ports / noob gear if you are interested in giving red a shot.

Yep since having to settle on only one top guild and if you don't get along with or like them you are shit out of luck... Sounds loads better.

Swish
09-05-2014, 08:41 AM
Yep since having to settle on only one top guild and if you don't get along with or like them you are shit out of luck... Sounds loads better.

What's worse I wonder? Seeing the content early on red, or waiting in line for a chance at the good stuff about a year down the line? Everyone has their opinions.

Plenty of people in plenty of guilds who don't all get along on blue - people keep the peace for content's sake (and pixel lust/invested DKP ofc)

Dacuk
09-05-2014, 08:42 AM
bring one of the mid tier blue guilds of 80 people that routinely settles for scraps, take a month to level up with EZ xp, profit. dragons get left up on red now and aren't killed the second they spawn. red server is pretty tame atm

Squire
09-05-2014, 09:03 AM
you did it red, you did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hod0WtYE4SA

Swish
09-05-2014, 09:05 AM
bring one of the mid tier blue guilds of 80 people that routinely settles for scraps, take a month to level up with EZ xp, profit.

Fear of pvp is such a blocker for some people. Nobody turns up and "wins" at pvp if they haven't had previous experience, it takes practice, persistence and a lil research doesn't hurt.

WTB Knights Who Say Ni v2.0 on red ;)

Ravager
09-05-2014, 09:07 AM
What's so great about a server that you have to constantly beg people to join? If red's so great, you'd think it'd sell itself.

Tewaz
09-05-2014, 09:08 AM
bring one of the mid tier blue guilds of 80 people that routinely settles for scraps, take a month to level up with EZ xp, profit. dragons get left up on red now and aren't killed the second they spawn. red server is pretty tame atm

Tewaz
09-05-2014, 09:11 AM
What's so great about a server that you have to constantly beg people to join? If red's so great, you'd think it'd sell itself.

I never tried it because:

A. I thought everyone that played on it was in middle school.

B. I was afraid of getting corpse camped and hating my life.

C. I thought everyone PVP'd constantly and ignored PVE.

Now that I have played here for a few months, I love it.

PK's in Unrest and MM are like a mini-boss that you get to fight.

Low population is really great at the high end and you don't have to worry about rule lawyering.

Your friends are much more important and you hate your enemies with fire.

I leveled to 50 on blue without really interacting with anyone else in the game. Red forces those interactions on you.

Swish
09-05-2014, 09:14 AM

Begging isn't the word, and this isn't an "invitation" from the entire community... just from a player who would like to see red get back to 250 again, and then beyond <3

There's a "play nice policy" there which means you can't be corpse camped, you just declare "LNS - (zone you died in)" and they'll eat a suspension if they don't allow it.

Nirgon
09-05-2014, 10:07 AM
red server is pretty tame atm

yevea
09-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Red is awesome. I leveled up to 51 on blue pretty much solo the entire time. I've grouped from 1-52, and 1-47 on both my characters so far. Some weird hours of the day (post 3am EST until about midafternoonish) can be slower, but the server nightly is very active with a wide range of levels.

So far the most noticeable thing about red is how friendly people are when you are looking for XP. Everyone benefits from grouping, people go out of their way to meet up with groups and to stay with them for as long as possible. Yes there are griefers, but they aren't the majority of players here, they just happen to be the most vocal.

Pvp will happen. You will meet Mrbigs, the Unrest caretaker. <Knights Templar> in Mistmoore. They will kill you, but you can always move somewhere else, or log and come back in an hour when they have left. What's really funny about them is you can XP past their pvp range extremely quickly, also a full group of newbies can usually always run out a twink. Yes a few of you will die, maybe more than once, but they only destroy your group and cause everyone to log if people give up and get pissy about it.

People are also very friendly with helping you level. There are a lot of druids around that are willing to port newbies or help buff them for awhile. I personally try PLing in crushbone at least a few times a week, or whenever I pass through the area I'll see if anyone is Xping and would like some free mass pulls.

There isn't any reason to not try red. You can also box blue and red (one character per server) with the same account. Next time you are camping something on blue, sitting in EC, or on a waitlist for a group roll up a red character and play around.

Rangerdown
09-05-2014, 10:40 AM

But thats the beauty of red ! If you dont get along your NOT shit out of luck. You can show up to their raids and drop ice comets on them. 200 people in ej? Fuck lawyers. This is war !

Swish
09-05-2014, 11:03 AM
200 people in ej? Fuck lawyers. This is war !

No raid scene lawyering crybabies on red. It runs itself, saves the GMs from having to sit around and debate solutions for hours.

Best raid solution on blue for dragon pixel pops I think.

Daldaen
09-05-2014, 11:08 AM
But thats the beauty of red ! If you dont get along your NOT shit out of luck. You can show up to their raids and drop ice comets on them. 200 people in ej? Fuck lawyers. This is war !

Yep since killing a Zerg force of 60 is doable...

EQ PvP is so unbalanced and dumb :/.

indiscriminate_hater
09-05-2014, 11:29 AM
nuke clerics, let dragon do the rest. fin

Orruar
09-05-2014, 11:45 AM
nuke clerics, let dragon do the rest. fin

Die the moment you get within range of their zerg. fin

Swish
09-05-2014, 12:35 PM
(I love to hate the red server and can't resist clicking on every thread you guys make, please make more so I can channel my anger <3)

these free bumps tho <3

Nirgon
09-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Can do an entire level in a night instead of 15-20% on blue.

Every group member you add is exponentially more xp.

Nuggie
09-05-2014, 12:50 PM
I made a sham on red for the down times on blue. Level 8. 0 pvp so far. Grouped a little. Was good times.

Rawradin
09-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Haven't done much of any pvp in EQ.. but I loved it in WoW..

Are there any classes that dominate in the pvp spectrum?

Seems to me SK > warrior... with cc and HT...

but mages?... I have a 60 mage on Blue, and I can't help but cower at the thought of a rogue coming up and 2 shotting me while I'm medding.. Just always have see invis on?

That brings me to rogue.. >.> ... Does everyone always have see invis up?

Are Bards Gods in pvp as they are in pve?

Daldaen
09-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Bards when functioning correctly are pretty unkillable. They can buff their resist hugely, they can dance around melee, they can dispel themselves, their selos is supposed to overwrite snare and root...

Then you have classes like monk and warrior, who are balls. Their main strengths (gaining aggro with procs and FD) don't do anything in a PvP environment.

The game is just horrible for PvP. So many skills and bonuses/detriments of classes don't carry over into PvP. The game was made for PvE and that's why most people play it.

Rangerdown
09-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Yep since killing a Zerg force of 60 is doable...

EQ PvP is so unbalanced and dumb :/.

1v1 is unballanced and dumb. Large scale it tends to balance out a little more since your just as likely to have the same strengths / weakness as them.

And while one man against sixty isnt gonna not end in your death keep in mind the mob is on your side. A stunned cleric here, and a nuked tank there can atleast be helpful to the mob and let you participate in the raid even as an individual.

Id rather pve too. Ive been a bluebie all my life but this is still way better than that fte cluster fuck they have on blue atm. I dont want to lawyet quest. Id rather spend all my time loading please wait than that.

Daldaen
09-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Could just do Class R and partake in your guild's Class R mobs every few weeks and ignore all the FFAs. Beats the hell out of a terribly unbalanced game.

PoP era PvP became a bit more balanced but even then it was terrible.

Rastignac
09-05-2014, 04:33 PM
I went from Blue to Red. My primary interest is immersion / PVE / Playing with some old buds. Red is amazing for it. It's not crowded, you don't have to wait for camps, you don't have hundreds of lvl 60s running around making you feel like progress is pointless.

And 90 percent of the people I've met have been awesome. Great groups, solid help, etc.

The threat of getting attacked every now and again only makes things that much more interesting.

Red is great. Definitely a place for all kinds of playstyles. Forums make it seem toxic but it's just not accurate.

iruinedyourday
09-05-2014, 04:39 PM
i want to play on red /cry

but i want my goods cus im spoiled

/transfer please!!! :)

daasgoot
09-05-2014, 04:45 PM
i want to play on red /cry

but i want my goods cus im spoiled

/transfer please!!! :)

cant let go of that mana robe eh? =D

iruinedyourday
09-05-2014, 04:51 PM
cant let go of that mana robe eh? =D

I'm like, I want to make a ranger so bad on red but I want fungi /spoiledporblems

how about the command to copy your toon to red is /imspoiled

Swish
09-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Bards when functioning correctly are pretty unkillable. They can buff their resist hugely, they can dance around melee, they can dispel themselves, their selos is supposed to overwrite snare and root...

Then you have classes like monk and warrior, who are balls. Their main strengths (gaining aggro with procs and FD) don't do anything in a PvP environment.

The game is just horrible for PvP. So many skills and bonuses/detriments of classes don't carry over into PvP. The game was made for PvE and that's why most people play it.

I think it's time you got reacquainted rather than scoffing at anything EQ pvp related like some trust fund Norrathian kid with 2 million blue plat in the bank.

Obviously never made it out of Crushbone but somehow think you've read enough theory to know what you're talking about :rolleyes:

Lune
09-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Yea, somewhere between selling his 100th epic MQ and dumping the proceeds into his 5 mil plat hoard he finds the time to analyze the interplay between various class abilities in a pvp context.

Also, the number of people who still haven't closed their JLaw Fap-Tabs as of 9/5/14 > the population of red.

http://i.imgur.com/aN9zvBB.jpg

Keep going swish

Reguiy
09-05-2014, 05:09 PM

<3

First advertisement for red from Swish I've seen that isn't littered with backhanded insults towards blue and its community. I approve of this message.

Kesrin
09-05-2014, 05:25 PM
lvled shaman 1-34 in ~ 1 week. Have had no trouble finding groups or starting groups in popular high ZEM dungeons during my playtimes (9pm-1am MST)

yes there are twinked gankers

exp bonus more than makes up for any downtime caused by gankers.

I can PLAY on red while waiting on camps/groups/chardok aoe/PH's etc on blue.

nothing more satisfying than having a twink attack your group. whole group starts busting his ass and he goes running for the ZL (its kinda like a boss fight/mini raid)

people generally want to group rather than PVP (unless they are there just to PVP)

people have generally been kind and helpful on the red server.

are there asshats? yes

are the asshats the MAJORITY of the population? not in my experience.

If you anger easily, take offence to being attacked for no reason etc.. don't bother trying red.

when there is an asshat pissing you and other ppl off.. attack him and run him out of the zone.

You play on blue too Goot? O.o I thought we had something special, I'm so telling Pryme about your duplicity.

daasgoot
09-05-2014, 05:27 PM
You play on blue too Goot? O.o I thought we had something special, I'm so telling Pryme about your duplicity.

daasgoot, dahsgoot, saltik are my blue toons.. hit me up!

Colgate
09-05-2014, 05:54 PM

wow you are so insanely misinformed it makes me sick

warriors and monks endgame are literally the top 2 classes on red99

daasgoot
09-05-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm like, I want to make a ranger so bad on red but I want fungi /spoiledporblems

how about the command to copy your toon to red is /imspoiled

yeah i hear ya... felt the same way when i started.

honestly though.. its somewhat refreshing to not be rich bitch.

transfer 20K worth of blue plat over to red server.. buy a couple weapons, some hp rings, and other lower end armor, and have some banked cash for spells etc...

so next time you sitting in solb socking RF, pull up red on another monitor and actually have some fun while u stare at that wall waiting for the man in the red robe to show up.

Malone88
09-05-2014, 06:17 PM
I never tried it because:

A. I thought everyone that played on it was in middle school.

B. I was afraid of getting corpse camped and hating my life.

C. I thought everyone PVP'd constantly and ignored PVE.

Now that I have played here for a few months, I love it.

PK's in Unrest and MM are like a mini-boss that you get to fight.

Low population is really great at the high end and you don't have to worry about rule lawyering.

Your friends are much more important and you hate your enemies with fire.

I leveled to 50 on blue without really interacting with anyone else in the game. Red forces those interactions on you.

+1

Swish
09-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Even during the lowest population hours blue has more than that.
http://oi59.tinypic.com/ou7cm0.jpg

About an hour later from when this was posted 6 of us got together, entered Chardok and enjoyed some XP for about 3-4 hours. Doesn't take a huge pop to get a group together.

...and yes that's right pals, Chardok XP groups are sometimes a thing on red. I bet most people looking at this thread never even had a blue Chardok XP group because it's an AOE zone in your minds etc etc.

http://i.imgur.com/tjSGW1W.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9Xl8Lsj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/I7i8e3I.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/erpFR91.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rEU9Tnp.jpg

Arclyte
09-05-2014, 07:12 PM
I've got a 43 dwarf cleric I might play, a friend of mine stripped him when i stopped playing though ;(

I've got 220 plat, a flowing black robe, crested spaulders and a green jade broadsword to trade for cleric items lol

Swish
09-05-2014, 08:51 PM
I've got a 43 dwarf cleric I might play, a friend of mine stripped him when i stopped playing though ;(

I've got 220 plat, a flowing black robe, crested spaulders and a green jade broadsword to trade for cleric items lol

Can easily do some stuff at cost price for you Arc

Plat Ruby Veil
(2) +55 HP rings
(2) +6 wis rings
(2) +3 wis earrings
(2) +7 MR bracers

...whatever you want to spend really, would be nice to see a returning cleric I'm sure :)

PM me if you want anything made up, Swish is based in Freeport, can pick you up if you're not bound there.

Recusco
09-06-2014, 01:06 AM
Is there any reason crouching doesn't interrupt casting on red?

Rawradin
09-06-2014, 01:15 AM
Please tell me that's not true. .

Glasken
09-06-2014, 03:07 AM
It will interrupt casting, but not instantly. You have to wait the duration of the spells cast time. Click wisely.

This is a feature, not a bug =)

Swish
09-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Is there any reason crouching doesn't interrupt casting on red?

Yes there is. At this point in the timeline duck cancel is...

http://i.imgur.com/LdCm8tR.gif

Ashsun
09-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Wouldn't recommend red. Have been trying to get a group for almost 2 hours and no one is interested, global chat is OOC, lots of e-peen waving in global. Pretty funny how they try so hard to get players to play on the server and then you can't get a group at all as a low level.

Swish
09-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Wouldn't recommend red. Have been trying to get a group for almost 2 hours and no one is interested, global chat is OOC, lots of e-peen waving in global. Pretty funny how they try so hard to get players to play on the server and then you can't get a group at all as a low level.

What name Ashsun? I've been on for the last 2 hours at least and haven't seen anyone consistently posting that they're LFG...maybe you needed to ask a little more frequently. What class are you playing?

Also bear in mind you're on at the quietest time. If you hang around the XP zones you'll see people turning up, and if not...ask for a port, I can port/bind you if you need one.

Recusco
09-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Yes there is. At this point in the timeline duck cancel is...

http://i.imgur.com/LdCm8tR.gif

That is odd cause it works on blue. Is red on a different timeline?

iruinedyourday
09-06-2014, 08:07 PM
As far as I'm concerned, not that it matters, I remember duck always canceling spells, and I played before Vellious.

Clark
09-06-2014, 08:10 PM
See what happens when you guys stop telling us to play red for a while?

Keep quite!

http://i.imgur.com/F7xOugc.jpg

Clark
09-06-2014, 08:11 PM
As far as I'm concerned, not that it matters, I remember duck always canceling spells, and I played before Vellious.

Swish
09-07-2014, 10:20 AM
From what I saw on a post a while back on the forums someone posted up patch notes from further along the timeline and highlighted that duck canceling shouldn't be in yet...and memory being a funny thing, I remember always moving around to cancel a spell in EQ's early days right up to the late levels - so if my server pop all didn't know about ducking to cancel spells we must have been a sad bunch ;)

In other news the idea got floated around yesterday in the plug.dj channel (link in sig) to start up a R99 trio...so we did! Ended up with a SK/cleric/mage combo - I ported them to GFay and we were subject to a lot of generosity and help from the red community.

At level 5-6 we had a bard come by and pull for us (Muse?) on orc hill, then Muffin shouted out that he was giving out an Oracle Robe for free to someone who could wear it.

At level 7 we went into CB and joined a group of 2 who were having orcs pulled to the zone...and in the spirit of giving, the 3 of us (plus another cleric that joined us for orc hill) joined them and we all slayed orcs constantly for probably 90 minutes.

We then took a trip to Befallen, made more levels, and then to Upper Guk after a break for more! Suffice to say I enjoyed the group so much that it was about 5am before I logged out. A very long session, but 1-18 is in the bank ;)

Were we the only ones in Crushbone? Befallen? Upper Guk? Nope... there's signs of life beyond your own group running around.

Special thanks last night to Citizenn and Spina, who at different times were really helpful and gave up their own gametime voluntarily.

Server confirmed alive and kicking pals...

Edit: Our SK had no armor and nothing better than a FS sword for the first 18 levels (and counting). It can be done ;)

http://i.imgur.com/2ItZM6P.jpg

gildor
09-07-2014, 10:40 AM
dat ass....

the more I read about the raid situation blue the more I am thinking of committing to red before I invest any more time :)

Nihilist_santa
09-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Confirmed RED is thriving. You have to learn to socialize. Had great fun with Mix Master Swish and gang last night. Many thanks to the helpful folks of red (Muse,Spina,Citizenn).

SenoraRaton
09-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Swish, why are you posting naked pictures of me in a diaper? Those were supposed to be for the private guild collection.

On another note, Red is a blast with good friends, no gear, and crazy XP rates. Would try again. I'm currently leveling BS and Tailoring to provide armor sets for low/no cost to help remedy this whole public nudity situation. That is after I get myself covered up first.

Recusco
09-07-2014, 02:16 PM
We then took a trip to Befallen, made more levels, and then to Upper Guk after a break for more! Suffice to say I enjoyed the group so much that it was about 5am before I logged out. A very long session, but 1-18 is in the bank ;)

Were we the only ones in Crushbone? Befallen? Upper Guk? Nope... there's signs of life beyond your own group running around.

Hey, thats me in the green robe. Am I e-famous yet?

Swish
09-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Hey, thats me in the green robe. Am I e-famous yet?

You are now! Some nice CC work last night :)

holsteinrx7
09-07-2014, 04:18 PM
confirmed dead and kicking like a moss snake

From what I saw on a post a while back on the forums someone posted up patch notes from further along the timeline and highlighted that duck canceling shouldn't be in yet...and memory being a funny thing, I remember always moving around to cancel a spell in EQ's early days right up to the late levels - so if my server pop all didn't know about ducking to cancel spells we must have been a sad bunch ;)

In other news the idea got floated around yesterday in the plug.dj channel (link in sig) to start up a R99 trio...so we did! Ended up with a SK/cleric/mage combo - I ported them to GFay and we were subject to a lot of generosity and help from the red community.

At level 5-6 we had a bard come by and pull for us (Muse?) on orc hill, then Muffin shouted out that he was giving out an Oracle Robe for free to someone who could wear it.

At level 7 we went into CB and joined a group of 2 who were having orcs pulled to the zone...and in the spirit of giving, the 3 of us (plus another cleric that joined us for orc hill) joined them and we all slayed orcs constantly for probably 90 minutes.

Special thanks last night to Citizenn and Spina, who at different times were really helpful and gave up their own gametime voluntarily.

Server confirmed alive and kicking pals...

Edit: Our SK had no armor and nothing better than a FS sword for the first 18 levels (and counting). It can be done ;)

SenoraRaton
09-07-2014, 05:15 PM

Currently working on offering full sets of banded armor//Cured Silk/Cloth armor to all newbies.:P You can hate, or you can help.

holsteinrx7
09-08-2014, 04:21 AM
id help but i really want a wipe. cya on the new box <3.

mtb tripper
09-08-2014, 05:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_AwZtRhWmM

Swish
09-08-2014, 07:27 AM

id help but i really want a wipe. cya on the new box <3.

http://i.imgur.com/ONnG8jA.gif

Had another fun session last night. We went over to Highpass and camped the orcs at the zone in til about L20, then went onto Upper Guk for a second stint in there and got ourselves to 22 :)

Times ganked as a group so far?: 0

Times helped by good samaritans?: ~7-8

Recusco
09-08-2014, 03:10 PM
When are you going to be on again swish? I'm still 22 and needing that mad group xp

Swish
09-08-2014, 08:31 PM
When are you going to be on again swish? I'm still 22 and needing that mad group xp

was on this evening, now 23 so still in close range :)

PM Charlatan if you need a group, I think they were heading in the direction of Everfrost/Perma - the more the merrier <3

Swish
09-08-2014, 08:39 PM
On a sidenote regarding helping people. I'm happy to make anyone up some JC in Freeport (or Neriak if evil) at cost price if you have the plat for the materials, but don't ask me to travel to Field of Bone to give you plat... I don't have an OT hammer on red so that's quite a long trip :p

If you can't afford a few spells at L12-L16 in Kunark with the cash drops in Field of Bone then something is wrong.

RE: Sythex...

Asking questions in global OOC, everyone was more than nice to him, answered the questions he had, but he didn't get his plat so ragequit.

Full size -> http://i.imgur.com/7FI5khB.png
http://i.imgur.com/7FI5khB.png

http://i.imgur.com/5tUQum4.png

Some people are beyond help. I wonder if they'd have quit blue on opening night?

Swish
09-08-2014, 08:41 PM
On a sidenote regarding helping people. I'm happy to make anyone up some JC in Freeport (or Neriak if evil) at cost price if you have the plat for the materials, but don't ask me to travel to Field of Bone to give you plat... I don't have an OT hammer on red so that's quite a long trip :p

If you can't afford a few spells at L12-L16 in Kunark with the cash drops in Field of Bone then something is wrong.

RE: Sythex...

Asking questions in global OOC, everyone was more than nice to him, answered the questions he had, but he didn't get his plat so decided it wasn't worth it despite having 13 levels invested.

Full size -> http://i.imgur.com/7FI5khB.png
http://i.imgur.com/7FI5khB.png

http://i.imgur.com/5tUQum4.png

Some people are beyond help. I wonder if they'd have quit blue on opening night?

Jaleth
09-08-2014, 09:18 PM
There's a Red Server?

In all seriousness, great going team red, hope it keeps growing!

mtb tripper
09-08-2014, 09:19 PM
come on folks and play with ol MTB!

Rastignac
09-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Yo PM me if yall are going up to permafrost - I'm a bit higher level but I'd gladly buff/heal for a while in exchange for help getting my Totemic drop.

Sk00ba5t3v3
09-08-2014, 11:09 PM
I started on Red a few months ago. Although I've only been playing consistently for the last few weeks, I'm already lvl 50, have been admitted into a great guild that is helping teach me the ropes and progress through content Ive never experienced before. (highest lvl was 45 on live)

Sirken
09-09-2014, 02:35 AM
Swish doing gods work

holsteinrx7
09-09-2014, 02:54 AM
sirken any news on a tpvp or new box? after vel im sure but an update would b nice.

love to play on a fresh box for once in 15 years.

Swish
09-09-2014, 05:06 AM
after vel im sure

Gets asked every time Sirken does a stream I think. It's the next project after Velious hits.

Spoiler alert though, long term there's only ever plans to run 2 servers.

Therefore, PvP boxes?

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--IV8YBd8f--/18zc5rmsfgdu7gif.gif