PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory Newbie Thread!

Alphablue
09-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Hi all,

Used to play on live back at the end of original / start of RoK. I was in my early teens at the time and played until 2006.

Used to play on Shards but it never really gave me a sense of wonder and enjo--*cough* *cough* someone open up a window! It reeks of nostalgia in here!

Anyway, made an Iksar Necro since some people said it was a good starting class for money making and whatnot. I never got to play a Necro on live; though I did play their plate-wearing cousin.

Are there any good starting gear quests for Iksars and / or necros? Are there any pieces of gear that are necessary or easy to obtain which would make life easier? I've tried looking through all the leveling guides and there was no mention, so there may not be any gear that is worthwhile or needed. I just want to make sure because I don't want to miss anything and, like many others, I'm a complete gear-...harlot.

Anyways, I'm stuck at work for the next 7 hours and can't wait to get back in-game!

eqgmrdbz
09-03-2014, 02:49 PM
My first character on p99 was a Iksar Necro, if you go to field of bone and kill the spiders, you should be able to load up on silk and sell it back to vendors for some good coin. Just kill all the skellies and spiders, and save all the bones chips and sell the weps and you can sell the bone ships later.

Necro's dont really need any gear, if you gave yourself max INT, you should have enough mana to kill for a while. I was able to control the pit in field of bone without any special gear, i will say this, you have to make sure you get the best pet, recast until you get a good pet, then make sure to give him a high dmg wep, and give him crap gear to raise his AC. P99 really is great Everquest clone, i hope you enjoy yourself here. :)

Alphablue
09-03-2014, 04:18 PM
My first character on p99 was a Iksar Necro, if you go to field of bone and kill the spiders, you should be able to load up on silk and sell it back to vendors for some good coin. Just kill all the skellies and spiders, and save all the bones chips and sell the weps and you can sell the bone ships later.

Necro's dont really need any gear, if you gave yourself max INT, you should have enough mana to kill for a while. I was able to control the pit in field of bone without any special gear, i will say this, you have to make sure you get the best pet, recast until you get a good pet, then make sure to give him a high dmg wep, and give him crap gear to raise his AC. P99 really is great Everquest clone, i hope you enjoy yourself here. :)

Thanks for the tips and the welcome :)

Circumcision
09-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Yeah, priority for spells at each level would be new pet, new lifetaps, resist spells, fire based dots, poison based dots.

Alphablue
09-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Yeah, priority for spells at each level would be new pet, new lifetaps, resist spells, fire based dots, poison based dots.

Thanks for that tip as well! Question though: would resist spells be needed on Blue? I can understand them being important on Red. Would that same priority list apply for us PvE nerds?

eqgmrdbz
09-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Guy is from Red99 so probably not for Blue, i never needed em, unless you take on caster type mobs, but then again as long as you fear snare it should be no broblem,