PDA

View Full Version : The Dr. Nirgon Approved Red Revitalization Program

heartbrand
09-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Anyone disagree with a red relaunch campaign with manastone/guise with limited boxing?

Up to staff obviously, including how long that "grace period" is but it sounds like a strong campaign to draw interest.

Hopefully server chat can get cleaned up and RNF can just get 10x worse instead during this time too?

I'd say we need to announce the campaign well in advance with a start date so word can get out then groups of people from blue/returners to the box can get together and figure out what they wanna roll.

Vile
09-02-2014, 01:49 PM
pras

heartbrand
09-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Need everyone to /sign the good Doctor's program

http://imageshack.com/a/img908/3368/eNw0hv.jpg

Mac Drettj
09-02-2014, 01:55 PM
/sign

Sektor
09-02-2014, 02:00 PM
/sign

Nirgon
09-02-2014, 02:04 PM
/sign

Announcement to go out with patch notes when Haynar fixes go in.

Server event to last period determined by staff.

Community to "thank staff" with a period of cooled burgers / server chat not shitted up.

Combobreaker
09-02-2014, 02:18 PM
/sigh

Kergan
09-02-2014, 02:19 PM
/sign

Add exp loss on PVP death in Lower Guk only.

Nirgon
09-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Sign or not signed with reason. Keep it clean! Kergan I put you down for a /signed.

Red_Psyphon
09-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Signed. Pras the good doctor.

Eslade
09-02-2014, 03:16 PM
/signed
RnF isn't nearly toxic as it can potentially be.

Stasis01
09-02-2014, 03:19 PM
A wipe won't fix the problem, it would be a temporary bandaid until we reach the same point again.

Which would be fun.

Tewaz
09-02-2014, 03:21 PM
/signed

Fantastic idea.

Colgate
09-02-2014, 03:27 PM
u have my spinbrush

Potus
09-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Wow it's like a Who's Who of terrible people now wanting to save the server they ruined.

Rec
09-02-2014, 03:41 PM
wipe would fix the problem for a month and the world might end in a month, you never know

LulzSect
09-02-2014, 03:43 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3614988/stossel-beat-down-o.gif

Hamburgalur
09-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Boxing is lame it always has been. The people who are vocal about it are the ones doing it anyway. Instead of forcing everyone to box, add a Buff bot in each home town.

heartbrand
09-02-2014, 04:04 PM
Boxing is lame it always has been. The people who are vocal about it are the ones doing it anyway. Instead of forcing everyone to box, add a Buff bot in each home town.

Never boxed. Do you have any proof suggesting I have? Also, you do realize your suggestion of buff boxes does nothing to facilitate the forming of groups? You also stated it was lame in conclusory terms without stating the reasons behind it. Thanks.

hagard
09-02-2014, 04:05 PM
/sign

Gaffin 7.0
09-02-2014, 04:06 PM
/sign

Hamburgalur
09-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Never boxed. Do you have any proof suggesting I have? Also, you do realize your suggestion of buff boxes does nothing to facilitate the forming of groups? You also stated it was lame in conclusory terms without stating the reasons behind it. Thanks.

Did I specifically say "heartbrand is boxing"? Did I say it has anything to do with grouping? No I did not. It was an superior alternative to boxing. If you read what I said, I did give a reason, which is I shouldn't be pigeonholed into doing cause someone does so.

You're grouping point has nothing to do with this thread, it's about boxing, not grouping.

Taboo
09-02-2014, 04:15 PM
/Signed

Porz
09-02-2014, 04:19 PM
This whole post should be a nogo. Start crying for a wipe again. Or variance. This is te same toxic group's flavor of the month. 30 days we will be back to variance threads. Pop is thriving up to 240 last night. Just cut out the toxic and they will come.

heartbrand
09-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Did I specifically say "heartbrand is boxing"? Did I say it has anything to do with grouping? No I did not. It was an superior alternative to boxing. If you read what I said, I did give a reason, which is I shouldn't be pigeonholed into doing cause someone does so.

You're grouping point has nothing to do with this thread, it's about boxing, not grouping.

So, first you state the people being vocal about it are the ones doing it anyway. I've never boxed. Stasis has never boxed. Nirgon has never boxed.

Boxing and grouping are absolutely related because the suggestion of boxing is to help facilitate groups, which is what is direly needed.

Your reason for why it's lame is that "it forces everyone to box." But yet I don't see how it forces everyone to box. I would rarely if ever box other than perhaps to port. I wouldn't feel the need to do so whatsoever. I've played on servers such as LoZ with boxing and never boxed myself, but grouped with those who did. At no time did I feel I had to as well.

Thanks for trying though.

Eslade
09-02-2014, 04:30 PM
I'd like to be able to heal my alt's group with my cleric. Win/win for everybody.

Hamburgalur
09-02-2014, 04:58 PM
So, first you state the people being vocal about it are the ones doing it anyway. I've never boxed. Stasis has never boxed. Nirgon has never boxed.

Boxing and grouping are absolutely related because the suggestion of boxing is to help facilitate groups, which is what is direly needed.

Your reason for why it's lame is that "it forces everyone to box." But yet I don't see how it forces everyone to box. I would rarely if ever box other than perhaps to port. I wouldn't feel the need to do so whatsoever. I've played on servers such as LoZ with boxing and never boxed myself, but grouped with those who did. At no time did I feel I had to as well.

Thanks for trying though.
Wasn't even implying you boxed, I just decided to post in your thread about it cause that's the latest post on the subject.

Boxing and grouping are not synonymous as they entail too entirely different things.
Grouping simply means to group with others for bonus experience. Boxing means to open pandoras box, meaning everything you do in this game will have to revolve around boxing. You'll have to box just to pvp, just to level, just to buff, just to raid and just to play the game cause everyone else does so. I've seen what it means to allow boxing on other games. It turns into a requirement, doesn't make the game any more fun. It changes the game into something it's not.

Are you implying if boxing was endorsed, it wouldn't make others feel the need to do the same? Ezserver is a good example of my point. You can't just go there and expect not to box. It's a suggested requirement and it would be over here too if GMs made it legal. Ironically, not everyone wants to do that.

Yep nice try indeed.

Bazia
09-02-2014, 05:00 PM
no boxing

Infectious
09-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Aint gona happen, lets not waste time with this shit. I would like it to happen though, but only if the server was wiped.

heartbrand
09-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Wasn't even implying you boxed, I just decided to post in your thread about it cause that's the latest post on the subject.

Boxing and grouping are not synonymous as they entail too entirely different things.
Grouping simply means to group with others for bonus experience. Boxing means to open pandoras box, meaning everything you do in this game will have to revolve around boxing. You'll have to box just to pvp, just to level, just to buff, just to raid and just to play the game cause everyone else does so. I've seen what it means to allow boxing on other games. It turns into a requirement, doesn't make the game any more fun. It changes the game into something it's not.

Are you implying if boxing was endorsed, it wouldn't make others feel the need to do the same? Ezserver is a good example of my point. You can't just go there and expect not to box. It's a suggested requirement and it would be over here too if GMs made it legal. Ironically, not everyone wants to do that.

Yep nice try indeed.

So your argument essentially is, "ive seen boxing in other games so therefore ill conclude it will have a similar impact in this one" cool story. luckily there's some of us here who have actually played eq pvp on these servers with boxing enabled, and are therefore able to give a glimpse of what it really is like.

Haynar
09-02-2014, 05:41 PM
If the server needs a wipe, then just shut it down.

A wipe is not a solution. Thats the same crap that pvp servers have had for years on eqemu. Just play til it shut downs and wait for the next pvp server. And hope its fun.

I vote no to boxing.

I vote no to wipe.

I vote yes to a revitalization event. Including letting some rares like guise drop again.

H

Potus
09-02-2014, 05:58 PM

A wipe is not a solution. Thats the same crap that pvp servers have had for years on eqemu. Just play til it shut downs and wait for the next pvp server. And hope its fun.

I vote no to boxing.

I vote no to wipe.

I vote yes to a revitalization event. Including letting some rares like guise drop again.

H

Haynar hero of the people.

Hamburgalur
09-02-2014, 06:00 PM
So your argument essentially is, "ive seen boxing in other games so therefore ill conclude it will have a similar impact in this one" cool story. luckily there's some of us here who have actually played eq pvp on these servers with boxing enabled, and are therefore able to give a glimpse of what it really is like.

Nope but it makes me laugh that I decided to add that extra bit and that's the only thing you can tear apart, as if that discredits my point. Damn you're good

Hamburgalur
09-02-2014, 06:04 PM
How long have you played on red btw heartbrand?

Rec
09-02-2014, 06:04 PM
revitalization event sounds somewhat less exciting. If the server was sound it wouldn't need to be revitalized.

heartbrand
09-02-2014, 06:07 PM
How long have you played on red btw heartbrand?

since launch

Nirgon
09-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Fight in another thread pals, plenty of em.

Sign or don't sign... or post like a gentlesir (see Haynar's post)

filthyphil
09-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Boxing gtfo

Hamburgalur
09-02-2014, 06:44 PM
since launch

And that is exactly what I suspected. You've been here since the beginning, I'm sure this game has grown stale to you and not finding it enjoyable as it use to be, it happens and that is understandable. There is just one other server like red, so there's very few options on where someone like you would want to play. I know you would love a change that renews your fun in the game but red isn't the server that needs to change, it's you.

Red doesn't need a wipe or boxing to make it better. Go find a new game if you don't like how it is.

Kergan
09-02-2014, 06:49 PM

I vote no to boxing.

I vote no to wipe.

H

I really like you. No homo.

krazyGlue
09-02-2014, 07:20 PM
i cant wait to box my 6 level 60s.

Nirgon
09-02-2014, 07:21 PM
2 box not 6 box

Kergan
09-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Gotta crawl before we can walk.

Supreme
09-02-2014, 09:48 PM
I am sure the GMs will give you guys everything you have been asking for.

Look at what all your whining and complaining has gotten you so far!

mikemandella
09-02-2014, 09:50 PM
I am sure the GMs will give you guys everything you have been asking for.

Look at what all your whining and complaining has gotten you so far!

Got nihilum disbanded :)

Sheriff
09-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Sign

Something'Witty
09-02-2014, 09:54 PM
/sign

In the past I have been anti wipe and boxing, but hell, I might reroll on here if it happens. No chance of that happening as is...

Supreme
09-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Got nihilum disbanded :)

Ya anything is possible with enough whining/pm's/forum trolling.

Mac Drettj
09-02-2014, 09:58 PM

I vote no to boxing.

I vote no to wipe.

H

You're like a super hero out of the Bible

Azure
09-02-2014, 10:49 PM
I'm really glad after every gets done making fun of me, they champion my original causes.

I believe like my first post on the red forums was in the rogean thread about boxing, and it's never really changed from there.

Chinese person says: We'll see. I doubt it will ever truly happen though. The only way a boxing server will happen is if R99 shut down. Because there is simply not enough population for viable competition to happen between rules sets.

HippoNipple
09-02-2014, 11:54 PM
I'm really glad after every gets done making fun of me, they champion my original causes.

I believe like my first post on the red forums was in the rogean thread about boxing, and it's never really changed from there.

Chinese person says: We'll see. I doubt it will ever truly happen though. The only way a boxing server will happen is if R99 shut down. Because there is simply not enough population for viable competition to happen between rules sets.

People don't make fun of you because of Everquest shit.

JayN
09-03-2014, 12:03 AM
and you scum make fun of bluebies.... jfc!

def need to have everything dropping on red tho! would make things fun like enchanter beating you to death with obliterations

Kastro
09-03-2014, 12:16 AM
/Signed... boxing would be uber... even if the box account were capped at level 50 yet still in range of 60...

Regardless of boxing... keeping all nerfed items, like guise, manastone, prenerf cos, the lustress russet? Armor from fear, prenerf fungi staff... ect dropping and in game for good would always give players old and new alike a reason to play red.

Kastro
09-03-2014, 12:30 AM
Another option would be keep all nerfed items dropping, add boxing ( box capped at 50)
Then add item loot wth Firiona Vie style loot rules with almost evrrything drppable outside certain quest rewards and epic... then just increase drp rate... PVP on.. server would never get stale... also purposefull/offensive ( not just defending yourself/leveling) naked ganking would be punishable by deleveling by 30 levels and deletion of all or most items on all that players toons/ accounts..

Kastro
09-03-2014, 01:00 AM
Lol yeah played launch ... was killin wisps in West Commons with Heartbrand... and pulled the plug on this box at about level 30... mostly just RL decision... Cost /VS reward just wasnt quite enough to keep me... didnt help I coulnt use vent where I was playin either..

Rheon
09-03-2014, 04:50 AM

I vote no to boxing.

I vote no to wipe.

H

Agree with all of the above ^

Stop asking for server wipe angry nerds..it ain't happening.

Blackbilly
09-03-2014, 04:58 AM
desperate times call for desperate measures.

we need to locate the physical location of the box and all backups.

someone with irl infiltration and stealth skills needs to eliminate the target.

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 09:45 AM
You want more people to kill or not Chewpal? I'm personally against boxing too but a temporary period might be good for newcomers to get started. I made a lvl 1.... its a bit too lonely out there.

heartbrand
09-03-2014, 09:48 AM
You want more people to kill or not Chewpal? I'm personally against boxing too but a temporary period might be good for newcomers to get started. I made a lvl 1.... its a bit too lonely out there.

truth.

Mac Drettj
09-03-2014, 10:23 AM
turn guises and manastone on and guk gonna be north korea meets russia in the middle eastern territory

nawmean

HippoNipple
09-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Lol if you turn on legacy items there will be 0 new players getting anything unless they are buying Manastones/level 1 chars for pizza. LGuk would be on raid status with 20+ VP geared players 24/7. Chewie would probably be on his level 5 killing level 1's as they tried to make their way to pick up their guise.

Mac Drettj
09-03-2014, 10:30 AM
i agree with you, it would turn into a new battle ground for the level 60s of the server, 100%

same as it was in classic during the legacy period though... you didn't have lvl 30s camping it, you had level 50's pvping over it.

heartbrand
09-03-2014, 10:32 AM
i agree with you, it would turn into a new battle ground for the level 60s of the server, 100%

same as it was in classic during the legacy period though... you didn't have lvl 30s camping it, you had level 50's pvping over it.

You actually had ruthbader five boxing oor level 35's at EE

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Manastone really wasn't that over camped when it was put out in the first place.

It was either open or one guy barely camping it semi-afk.

More than the stone dropping again, I'd be more excited for the Chewie adventures.

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Are you for or against people camping the manastone chew? I think people seem to agree on the return of legacy stuff for a little while.

As far as the boxing debate... is boxing really going to draw anyone or just create an opportunity for people to 2 box fungus? If boxing will draw people for a while, do the pros of drawing how ever many people out weigh the cons (gankers with alts always having a fresh coat of class buffs)? Ultimately up to staff pals but we're in a place right now where a change would be effective unlike the 100% xp bonus that basically only 1 guild benefitted from.

I mean just log in and try to imagine if boxing was allowed what it would be like one night? I don't think this is a trivial change to just turn on and off for the dev pals. I think we need a few things.

1: patience waiting for Haynar's more classic pvp mechanics / other fixes coming in this patch... they look very, very worth it
2: do they have the bandwidth to do a promotional event?
3: is turning the boxing flag on and off a trivial change, or even something they'd consider?
4: a vote based on what comes back from them on 1&2
5: a timeline (whatever it is no rush) then announcement

Mac Drettj
09-03-2014, 10:46 AM
You actually had ruthbader five boxing oor level 35's at EE

lol i remember that

Kergan
09-03-2014, 10:46 AM
There is no downside to doing a legacy item event. The only people who would complain are those that payed exorbitant amounts of onions for guised characters.

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Gyno and I shall address these matters on the Sirkpal stream on Monday. Tune in.

Kergan
09-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Should be interedasting.

ChronoTheCleric
09-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Nope. Boxing ruins EQ.

heartbrand
09-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Nope. Boxing ruins EQ.

Great and convincing argument

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Boxing would obviously not make it into Velious.

Kunark pixels aren't the end of the world.

@Chewie: 150-210 pop is not classic either. We're looking for fixes to that 8]. AKA one guild having 50 people on a 400-500 pop server isn't really that big a deal anymore.

Mac Drettj
boxing ruins (blue) eq where high population and over camped dungeons exist

ChronoTheCleric
Great and convincing argument

You already posted why. Ruthbader boxing camps at lvl 35. It actually detracts from forming groups (unless scaled group exp stays in).

If i can box a camp, why should I invite that LFG persob, just to get less exp and less chance of the item drop.

heartbrand
09-03-2014, 11:01 AM
You already posted why. Ruthbader boxing camps at lvl 35. It actually detracts from forming groups (unless scaled group exp stays in).

If i can box a camp, why should I invite that LFG persob, just to get less exp and less chance of the item drop.

because inviting people actually increases exp gained currently on red99, and rather significantly.

Kergan
09-03-2014, 11:02 AM
the fuck you just say to me?

lol

heartbrand
boxing removes the MULTIPLAYER aspect from this massive MULTIPLAYER online role playing game

I think the goal with boxing is to actually increase the amount of human beings playing on red99 by allowing people the ability to play and accomplish things even if they are missing Class X, rather than logging off in frustration

Nirgon
Limit to 2 chars per player. I'll be multiplayer still with the large xp bonus bud. Even if someone is just going to afk, its worth inviting them atm. I'm not sure some people know how much more xp it is on red than blue. You can get 55-56 in 10 hours regular grouping.

heartbrand
09-03-2014, 11:05 AM
really i woulda thought the goal with boxing would be to farm more items
look around u

Right, because if people can farm items they stay online and play. If people can't, they log off and don't play. Which scenario creates more PVP targets? not sherrif srs?

RoguePhantom
09-03-2014, 11:06 AM
really i woulda thought the goal with boxing would be to farm more items
look around u

din ding ding.

Boxing makes the game LESS social.

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 11:10 AM
all u losers that wanna box, just do it

I'd take 300 people without boxing too :).

Come up with some other ideas if we're deciding against it.

Sounds like we at least got 1 idea we can agree on out of this.

6 boxing makes the game less social. 2 boxing and running into 2 other people helps people get going. There's virtually no groups. This would also be a limited time thing. I hate boxing but I hate low pop more :).

heartbrand
09-03-2014, 11:15 AM
din ding ding.

Boxing makes the game LESS social.

in all fairness, it's hard to get less social than it already is for new players

Sektor
09-03-2014, 11:21 AM
There is no downside to doing a legacy item event. The only people who would complain are those that payed exorbitant amounts of onions for guised characters.

I want this to happen

ChronoTheCleric
09-03-2014, 11:30 AM
in all fairness, it's hard to get less social than it already is for new players

And this has everything to do with the COMMUNITY, not the game.

Blue is fine, because its not compromised of the toxic forumquesters that scum up the boards all day.

heartbrand
09-03-2014, 11:32 AM
And this has everything to do with the COMMUNITY, not the game.

Blue is fine, because its not compromised of the toxic forumquesters that scum up the boards all day.

My personal belief is that even if you remove every toxic player on this server, it still won't create a bunch of people to group with when you click enter world for the first time, something that seems to be the most common complaint of new players to the server. /shrug

Gaffin 7.0
09-03-2014, 11:37 AM
well they added new accounts have to be approved now which is nice

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Wondering where the Chewie who would want more pvp targets in guk went

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Yeah 52s getting stomped by 60s is great pvp

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Its not just you though. Maybe if you got 8 lvls and everyone else? Fine.

But people sunstriking/duelist bsing newbs in CoM or shitting on potential 50-55's trying to start up here and do planar runs ain't good for anyone, or classic for ffa.

Planar raids with people in scraps not being crushed for no reason

I think if you wanna kill 52's you should make a 56 twink or something? Unless you are worried about being 56 and dealing with 60s.... doesn't seem to be much of a concern for ya?

Server needs to get up to around 350-400 pal.

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Since you have no interest in pve apparently and aren't concerned about level based disadvantages, how bout just delvl yourself to 56? Or is a 60 attacking you at 56 unfair and you being 60 and attacking 52 just fine?

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 12:30 PM
how bout you delevel yourself?

I'm happy with the 4 level range and how it works, no need to do so.

Then again I'm not a 60 hoping to attack 52s (probably in rags) in Lower guk/City of mist.

How about you move to Seb/KC? That's another gr8 idea for you.

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Lvl to 44 problem solved.

If you still like having the disadvantage take some gear off until you feel you are that the sufficient disadvantage you're looking for.

Meanwhile people can get to 56 and maybe get some planar/resist gear before 60s with 41% haste and 1k+ burst attack them.

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 12:36 PM
4 level range has led to pop growth and I haven't seen any shortage of YT. You're doing it wrong.

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 12:40 PM
We can take my pixel operations to tells pal.

I'll be on 2nite.

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 12:50 PM
U dont know shit.....who would have guessed

Don't get lured into rnf'ing server chat bruh.

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 01:05 PM
Stop shittin' up the thrive thread pal

Attacking potential players isn't a good look

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 01:37 PM
U bind rushin da forums?

Swyft
09-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Since you have no interest in pve apparently and aren't concerned about level based disadvantages, how bout just delvl yourself to 56? Or is a 60 attacking you at 56 unfair and you being 60 and attacking 52 just fine?

As a person who's 56 and attacks 60's all day, i say 8 lvl limit. Or keep it at 4 and add item loot.

Either way this server is too blue friendly.

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 02:20 PM
question: why should we listen to someone who rmt'd his account?

I've always had access and even deleted chars when I thought boxing might have been going on.

Quit bind rushing the forums dawg. You ain't civil, you don't want to help the server. How many more accounts u got?

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Now I'm staff.

So let's check in a few days:

1 - I've RMT'd
2 - Joined Nihilum
3 - Am a member of the staff

YEAH. Ok.

derpcake
09-03-2014, 03:30 PM

I vote no to boxing.

I vote no to wipe.

H

I can totally see it now, 4 new dudes trying to get a guise while getting griefed by a lvl 40 dude with epic, fungi, 3 manastones, and farting fire.

Great succes.

derpcake
09-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Oh and boxing is already in, so wipe should be next step I guess.

Vile
09-03-2014, 03:38 PM
"Revitalization Event" sounds like a way to get the RMT going again imo.

You gonna let people bind at pots during this time as well?

derpcake
09-03-2014, 03:39 PM
I foraged cobalt greaves in OT.

Its classic.

Disregarding my great forage skills, this event had better been epic fungi rain level.

Guess we'll see what actually happens.

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Take it up with Sirken/Derubael/whoever BUD

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 03:47 PM
I won't come back if I'm banned :)

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 03:57 PM
I can't help you anymore Chewie

Squire
09-05-2014, 08:48 AM
pras nirgawn

Tewaz
09-05-2014, 09:07 AM
My plan is to add a .5% chance that any mob killed that gives exp will drop a random item from a loot table that could include guises, mana stones, and other items that are coveted.

They did this at the Kunark launch and the population went through the roof.

Some level 12 will loot a Tranix crown off a gnoll, sell it, and be red for life.

lite
09-05-2014, 09:24 AM
sounds like an awful idea except for the 2 boxing. established 60's would ruin it for all

Technique
09-05-2014, 09:31 AM
My plan is to add a .5% chance that any mob killed that gives exp will drop a random item from a loot table that could include guises, mana stones, and other items that are coveted.

They did this at the Kunark launch and the population went through the roof.

Some level 12 will loot a Tranix crown off a gnoll, sell it, and be red for life.The items would have to be distributed among mobs of appropriate level (e.g., something like a tranix crown must be limited to mobs in the mid-40s), else L60 characters would simply run around pbae'ing entire newbie zones.

Aside from that, this idea reeks of WoW and isn't appropriate for EQ.

Nirgon
09-05-2014, 10:12 AM
sounds like an awful idea except for the 2 boxing. established 60's would ruin it for all

Trust me, I wish the incentive to play an EQ PvP server was enough to draw people here.

The trick is getting them to take time from blue.

Guises don't seem to be a bad way of doing it generally. It's not a big deal item (maybe except for large races) and its a huge draw.

Besides... when legacy Kunark items were in... wasn't the pop like 30 or lower?

Sk00ba5t3v3
09-05-2014, 11:14 AM
/sign and please dont release Kunark on a red box. Lets have some PVP on a PvP server for once shall we?

Sektor
09-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Velious is coming out so I don't see why they do a week even of artifacts and legacy items for classic and kunark.

Tewaz
09-05-2014, 01:06 PM
The items would have to be distributed among mobs of appropriate level (e.g., something like a tranix crown must be limited to mobs in the mid-40s), else L60 characters would simply run around pbae'ing entire newbie zones.

Aside from that, this idea reeks of WoW and isn't appropriate for EQ.

Don't need to be level appropriate, just mobs that grant experience. Also, make rarity a piece. The drop rate for a guise could be less than one percent chance for each time the random loot code goes off. During the Kunark launch, I soloed in BB with a twinked bard and grabbed two diamonds, a froggy crown, and a bunch of random low level gear off of 100+ kills. I would make the drop rate about 1% chance of getting a random item and then scale the items based on value. Maybe a 10% chance of a peridot dropping and a .01% of a Guise or Thex dagger.

I made it to 50 on Red and had like 200 plat in the bank, was missing multiple spells in my spellbook because I didn't buy them and had like 2 items from upper guk outside of cloth, quested gear, and donations.

On blue at 50 I was decked out in decent gear and had thousands in the bank.

Tossing a random 20's a tranix crown would do wonders for the server economy. It isn't an "appropriate" idea, but the server has a dead economy outside EOE's, Gobby earrings, and high end items. More plat in the hands of lower levels will create more of a market for low to mid items and help the economic engine come alive.

Kasyra
09-05-2014, 01:38 PM
sounds like an great idea especially for the 2 boxing. I would ruin it for all

fixt for more accurate truth.

Casey VII
09-05-2014, 01:40 PM
NOPE

Kesrin
09-05-2014, 02:01 PM
So I'm a new player and been playing for 5 or 6 days.

I figured I'd give the opinion of a red newb instead of letting others speak for me.

In 5 days I've gotten to 35 as a cleric. It has been difficult at certain times to find groups, but in the evening it has been quite easy (hardest thing to find is tanks)

I think if more people were made aware of how much xp you get by grouping, people would be spamming for group at lvl 1.

Put the group leveling bonuses in a system message on log in to let people know exactly how much grouping benefits them.

Other than that I'm enjoying my experience immensely and don't think there needs to be any changes.

Thanks

lite
09-05-2014, 02:16 PM
So I'm a new player and been playing for 5 or 6 days.

I figured I'd give the opinion of a red newb instead of letting others speak for me.

In 5 days I've gotten to 35 as a cleric. It has been difficult at certain times to find groups, but in the evening it has been quite easy (hardest thing to find is tanks)

I think if more people were made aware of how much xp you get by grouping, people would be spamming for group at lvl 1.

Put the group leveling bonuses in a system message on log in to let people know exactly how much grouping benefits them.

Other than that I'm enjoying my experience immensely and don't think there needs to be any changes.

Thanks

5k to whoever YT's the new guy

PS. thank you for your input, it's quite good.

PS PS but seriously, someone give him a welcome YT

Kesrin
09-05-2014, 02:50 PM
5k to whoever YT's the new guy

PS. thank you for your input, it's quite good.

PS PS but seriously, someone give him a welcome YT

What does YT mean?

HippoNipple
09-05-2014, 02:57 PM
That is a good point about putting the server rules at login so noobs understand. Last thing you want is them searching through forums.

Kesrin, YT = Yellow Text = someone killing you

Nirgon
09-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Long as yall don't kos every unguilded person and do this insane shit accusing everyone of being a spy... should see pop go up?

lite
09-05-2014, 03:02 PM
What does YT mean?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1900946/mitch-kramer-paddled-o.gif

HippoNipple
09-05-2014, 03:04 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1900946/mitch-kramer-paddled-o.gif

Good reference : )

Kesrin
09-05-2014, 03:05 PM
That is a good point about putting the server rules at login so noobs understand. Last thing you want is them searching through forums.

Kesrin, YT = Yellow Text = someone killing you

Ah, well I've been killed multiple times lol. It's a pvp server, I expect to die a lot. That's the way a pvp server is supposed to work.

lite
09-05-2014, 04:51 PM
Good reference : )

haha I was quite proud of myself.

Knuckle
09-05-2014, 05:32 PM
The only people against this are those that are already boxxing under the radar with unfair advantage

Nirgon
09-05-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm just concerned about pk twinks being able to also box in a main healer against new players who won't have one...

might not be goog idea

holsteinrx7
09-07-2014, 07:21 AM
no boxing allowed! /signed

watbab
09-07-2014, 08:35 AM
Probably one of the worst ideas for a relaunch I've ever heard.

A handful of people (probably the first 10 who immediately replied to this thread) could very easily exploit that setup.

Hamburgalur
09-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Probably one of the worst ideas for a relaunch I've ever heard.

A handful of people (probably the first 10 who immediately replied to this thread) could very easily exploit that setup.

You don't understand! We need boxing to help uh.... You know... Uhm uhhh... Uhh... Uhhh "grouping"... Yea... That's it.

Lol such a joke.

rollin5k
09-07-2014, 09:52 AM
There are tons of groups at all levels.

Hardest thing for new players leveling up is the group disbanding because heavily twinked characters are Fucking your group up.

This would definitely exacerbate the main problem this box already faces for new players.

Aside from that boxing is just lame

Gaffin 7.0
09-07-2014, 09:58 AM
1-20 range is pretty populated, 20-40 not somuch, i know cuz i been lfg alot as a cleric, then it picks back up 45-60 with com etc

rollin5k
09-07-2014, 10:09 AM
I've leveled two chars in 20-40 range in the last month and have only had a few times when i couldn't find a group or people willing to duo/trio.

Gaffin 7.0
09-07-2014, 10:54 AM
yeah im not saying its horrible but it def lacks over the other levels

i can solo undead as cleric so its not a huge deal but for melee's i can see it being harsh