PDA

View Full Version : Being iksar....

NirrtiXXX
09-01-2014, 06:58 PM
all xp penalties aside, is being iksar worth the faction issues? Can you get by easily or easily enough with them still? How does one manage off of Kunurk with them?

Conky
09-01-2014, 07:15 PM
If a class can be iksar it should be iksar, its the master race, most factions can be fixed picking the wrong race cant. I can bank and sell in FP after fixing my faction what more do I need.

NirrtiXXX
09-01-2014, 07:23 PM
If a class can be iksar it should be iksar, its the master race, most factions can be fixed picking the wrong race cant. I can bank and sell in FP after fixing my faction what more do I need.

nuff said! :)

ukaking
09-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Harbingers of Thule, All Iksar Guild for a reason! Superior race!

Derubael
09-01-2014, 09:08 PM

Derubael
09-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Iksars currently hold the BoTB titles for:

Necromancer
Monk
Shadow knight
Shaman (?)

I believe warrior is the only "Iksar class" that hasn't won it's BoTB, and I really believe that they could with the right equip/skill (since warrior vs warrior turns into joust/gear vs joust/gear.)

khanable
09-01-2014, 09:27 PM
wtb new warrior botb so an iksar can win it

Glenzig
09-01-2014, 09:38 PM

Necromancer
Monk
Shadow knight
Shaman (?)

I believe warrior is the only "Iksar class" that hasn't one it's BoTB, and I really believe that they could with the right equip/skill (since warrior vs warrior turns into joust/gear vs joust/gear.)

And also have never won a spelling bee. :)

Potus
09-01-2014, 09:57 PM
One of the biggest lies ever perpetuated on the EQ playerbase was that faction matters. Iksar forever.

Swish
09-01-2014, 10:11 PM
I bet Derubael's lizardman is better than y'alls ;)

Also, to state something significant... don't treat faction as a problem in the game. As an iksar you can still bank in Freeport and other places using walls etc (unless you're a warrior, but even then the NFP guards won't be able to kill you).

Being evil is a fun part of the game (and really fun if you're into RP), and in many ways having everyone hate you makes it simple... just slay everything and give no shits about it ;)

khanable
09-01-2014, 10:50 PM
you can faction for nfp + nfp merchants + nfp bankers

I walk around that entire zone without issues

also factioned for FV too!

faction is easy

Argh
09-02-2014, 01:41 AM
Barbarians are the true master race.

Factions not a big deal really. I'm KoS everywhere and I never really notice it. You can bank in OT and FP very easily with any kos race, and thats basically all the city interaction you'll need.

ukaking
09-02-2014, 05:24 AM
Kunark is all you need. 1-60, no problems.

Maxicurls
09-02-2014, 07:59 PM
I should have rolled iksar!!

Maxicurls
09-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Rerolling iksar!

Pillow Armadillo
09-03-2014, 09:50 AM

Necromancer
Monk
Shadow knight
Shaman (?)

I believe warrior is the only "Iksar class" that hasn't won it's BoTB, and I really believe that they could with the right equip/skill (since warrior vs warrior turns into joust/gear vs joust/gear.)

I finished 4th in Warrior BotB as an Iksar, and that was without plate gear. Iksars can hang.

Uteunayr
09-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Think about it this way:

Faction trouble is temporary. Experience penalties are temporary. Regeneration is forever (on the p1999 timeline).