PDA

View Full Version : Getting eqgame to run, please help me.

Mordimier
08-31-2014, 10:34 AM
Hello,

I have gotten this game to work before, but have to install it again since I reformatted my hard drive.but I can't tell if there were some changes with the overall guide to setting this up or not. There seems to be a lot of mixed information in terms of patching, not patching, using the Duxa's installer, editing the eqgame shortcut. So at this point I am confused between all of the sporadic information on how to setup this game.

I have not patched anything so far, with the fear of having to reinstall the game again.

Right now, all I have done is install EQ Titanium fresh, created the eqgame shortcut on desktop, entered in patchme in the file path. Ensured latest files were updated for v33, also update the eqhost.txt file.

When I run eqgame shortcut, it brings me to a black screen with the cursor changed to the EQ style one and nothing happens.

Can someone provide me some accurate information or point me to where I can find the most up to date guide on how to install EQ Titanium and play P99 please?

Regards,

Mordimier

Mordimier
08-31-2014, 10:48 AM
I even tried using the Duxa installer, then tried running game from eqgame shortcut and EverQuest (p99) - bypass EQmenu. Still same problem

Champion_Standing
08-31-2014, 11:57 AM
Install EQ Titanium, extract the patch (http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files33.zip) in your EQ directory, overwrite everything. You don't need to do anything else.

The shortcut path should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Or you can use the Launch Titanium.bat that comes with the patch

Mordimier
08-31-2014, 12:20 PM
Thank you for the reply.

Is there a reason why my AVG AntiVirus Free edition is looking at the dsetup.dll file as a threat?

Shows as Trojan horse Generic11_c.RFV

Also, after extracting the patch to the Everquest directory and then running eqgame.exe I get this:

"eqgame.exe - Application Error"

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click ok to close the application."

Mordimier
08-31-2014, 12:47 PM
Ok, I read up about the dsetup.dll being a threat on v33.

I temporarily disabled antivirus scan for AVG and was able to run the program.

But now I have something odd going on where the game loads to full screen mode, shows a blank screen still, but when I alt tab out and it is in windowed mode, then i see the login screen.

When I go ahead and login I can get to the character screen, login with one of them. Problem is, the video is very choppy and staggering.

I think I may need to install WinEQ. When my PC was on XP, I had to install that in order for the game to run.

Edit: I installed WinEQ2 and ran it while running eqgame.exe. The game is still staggering graphic wise.

Mordimier
08-31-2014, 02:28 PM
I found the problem. I ran the program, opened task manager, and for eqgame.exe and set affinity to only run CPU 0 instead of both, as I have an AMD dual core processesor. Now the graphics run much better. Thanks for assistance!