PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Faction Advice

NZV
08-31-2014, 08:28 AM
Hey there, I just started playing again and made an iksar shaman to play with an SK friend of mine. He tends not to have quite as much playtime as I do though, so I figure I'll work on some factions rather than outlevel him.

The one I'm most interested in right now is the west/east freeport guards, and I'm wondering what the quickest path would be to boost that up to at least dubious, and around how many belts/scalps/whatever I'd need. Losing NFP faction isn't much of a concern since it seems pretty easy to get Neriak faction if I need a bank close to the tunnel. Similarly, anyone know how much red wine I'd need for Neriak? Any info would be fantastic.

Uteunayr
08-31-2014, 10:41 AM
For Freeport Guards? Level up killing orcs, and collect Deathfist Slashed Belts. Collect a ton of them, get a Wolf Form, and turn them into the guard in the house for faction. You'll get dubious quick that way.

NZV
08-31-2014, 09:09 PM
Now I'm thinking about giving gold to that bard in EFP to raise the North Freeport guard faction, but I really wish I knew approximately how much I'd need to bribe the guy with, especially considering the hassles involved with shared wolf form. It would probably cheaper to raise Neriak, but I wouldn't mind paying more for the convenience factor of NFP.

Amargura
09-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Be wary of the paladins. They are not to be trusted!

NZV
09-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Alright, I'm done. Apprehensive with WFP/EFP guards, dubious with NFP guards, apprehensive with freeport merchants and bankers. Since I got a lot of info that I needed off old posts on this forum through google, I'll lay out my findings for anyone else in the future who ends up trying to work on their freeport faction as an Iksar.

EFP/WFP Guards: I bought and turned in 20 deathfist slashed belts to the guard in WFP and was still threatening. After turning in another 20, I was dubious. So it's 21-40 belts. I don't know exactly when it ticked over, but I'm confident that it was on the low end because I quickly hit apprehensive while doing the Rebby quest, which seems to give next to no Freeport Guards faction, meaning I was very deep into dubious after those 40 belts. This lowers your NFP guard faction, but the losses aren't insurmountable. Turning in scalps might have also worked with no NFP rep loss, but I just opted for belts since they're cheaper and it's far easier to convince a druid to run over and share wolf form in WFP than Highhold.

NFP Guards: Killed orcs in EC for around 3 hours. Ran around smacking wandering pawns and tossing level 1 DD spells on orcs being fought at the camps just to tag them for faction gain. As a shaman I had SoW, which of course helped a lot. After this I was still at scowling, so I got a shared wolf form and turned in about 1000 gold pieces to Fabian in EFP (I ran out of time at that point, since you can only turn in 2g at once). Somewhere along the way I hit dubious with NFP guards.

Banker/Merchants: You don't actually need faction with the banker to use him since you can just stay by the entrance, go into third person, and right click him to access your bank even if he hates you. But I did this anyways. Merchants all con dubious by default because merchants seemingly won't go KoS no matter how bad your faction is, but the numbers were in scowling territory and as such needed a lot more work than a standard dubious con. I did the Rebby's Rat Whiskers quest for this. Coincidentally, you pass by a guy named Brunar Rankin at the docks on every run who starts out scowling but will hit apprehensive at the same time as the merchants, which made it easy to tell how far along I was. It took exactly 141 whisker turnins to hit apprehensive with the merchants/banker, and now I can use them all no problem. You do get exp and money for this quest, but it's only 1c per run (this is how I knew how many it took, by counting how many coppers I'd made), and at level 20 I only gained 2 blue bars over this whole process. It was really mind numbing and took a long time. Definitely my least favorite part of all this. Don't attempt it on a character that can't bind and gate back to Rebby each run - the whiskers stack and are tradable so do it on another character if you have to and then give all your whiskers to your Iksar. No need for wolf form to turn these in; the rogue guild is cool with lizards by default and you can get there even if you're KoS with guards through the tunnels.

Hope this helps someone at some point.

MilanderTruewield
09-04-2014, 09:18 PM
It'll take more than 21-40 belts for me to get my necro non-kos to Freeport guards lol. I am max KoS with e/wfp, and like 3 different factions of merchants :p

Kender
09-04-2014, 10:08 PM
wolf form in highpass didnt work for my necro. started threatening, was still threatening after wolf form

Duncon
09-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Where do you buy rat whiskers?

Pep
09-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Where do you buy rat whiskers?

They're not a vendor item, you have to quest them: Rebby's Rat Whiskers (http://wiki.project1999.com/Rebby%27s_Rat_Whiskers).

Like said above, you can get them on one toon and then hand them to a different toon to do the turn-ins.