PDA

View Full Version : Castle Back in the Saddle?

Castle2.0
08-31-2014, 06:33 AM
Blue pals... after taking some years off from my EQ glory days written in the undiscovered Book of Great Untold Deeds I have chosen to make a comeback of sorts. Mostly casual play listening to the likes to Eifel 65, and powerful rock ballads such as Blue Monday.

Is there anything someone should know after years away from the scene?

Where are the low level zones dead? Do people still /duel? Can you bind in cities via soulbinder?

IOW: "What would you like to have known which you now know if you were getting back on the EQemu scene (P99 specifically)?

Best Ever,
Castle Guardian

Cogwell
09-02-2014, 08:09 AM
All the low level zones that I've been in are lively. There is plenty of grouping at orc hill in GFay, orc camps in EC, derv camps in Ro, etc.

There are no soulbinders. However, it hasn't been difficult to find someone to bind me when I've needed it. For beginners, the person binding me usually refused any tip.

Your question in bold is really confusing. Could you rephrase that so we understand what you're asking?

Swish
09-02-2014, 08:17 AM
A lot of players coming back tend to ask "what should I play? what do we need more of on the box?"

The answer is always: "ignore that and play what you enjoy and know you'll stick with" ;)

Otherwise you'll have a level 10 of every class :D

Estu
09-02-2014, 09:36 AM
Where are the low level zones dead? Do people still /duel? Can you bind in cities via soulbinder?

IOW: "What would you like to have known which you now know if you were getting back on the EQemu scene (P99 specifically)?

The popular low level zones are EC, GFay, Crushbone, Kurn's, Unrest, and Oasis, and to a lesser extent Blackburrow. The others are not as popular.

I don't see dueling happen that often but you could probably get people to duel you if you wanted.

Soulbinders aren't classic and therefore aren't in the game. Most questions along these lines will have the same answer. The server is very close to classic.

If you're curious about raiding, this page (http://www.project1999.com/raid.php) will give you some idea of what is going on (basically, GM-enforced intentionally-imbalanced rotation-type thing). The Class R guilds have non-GM-enforced rotations set up which are not mentioned on that page.