PDA

View Full Version : Where is NPC in Groob for SK newbie armor quest

sumbodylovesyou
08-31-2014, 02:36 AM
I've been looking around I have.'t found him. I think his name is Kugaran but this may have changed can someone help me out please..thanks.

Wenuven
08-31-2014, 02:50 AM
If you are talking about this guy (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=14062), he and that series of quests are not on this server. Those were added in LoY I think.

sumbodylovesyou
08-31-2014, 07:17 AM
Ok..thanks..I just started a troll warrior but I couldn't find the guy either. So are there no newbie armor quests? The problem I have is I remember playing in 1999 and having money and good gear but once I started again I feel like you need good gear or you are finished I just wanted to do some armor quests because I never did them before.

Is the troll warrior one off limits too?

Jimjam
08-31-2014, 11:41 AM
Yea, none of those types of quest are in game. You may recall the newbie armor 'quest' in classic was killing animals appropriate to your size and turning the ruined skins into tattered armor (or save money to buy leather/practice black smithing to make banded).

I've tried levelling up black smithing to make a full set of banded, and if you go the right route and are lucky on skill ups/combines it costs about 100pp to make a full set; not bad since a full set will cost around 100pp to buy from another player!

Honestly, if you are starting a troll the best thing is to kill for a lot of your loot. If you are sticking to the starting area smash up those frogloks. If you find a rusty two hander sharpen it up and use it. Netted /large cloth armor you loot will be fine to begin with. Loot the stuff that sells better like rusty long swords and cracked staffs. Buy a couple of bags so you can loot up to around your strength limit. Once you have around 3 plat buy an axe from the weapon vendor. If you get into double figures of plat try get a claymore instead.

Fight outside guk. If you are lucky a higher level will drop a better weapon on you as they come out of guk.

Next fight just inside guk if you can and start collecting woven armor to wear. If you stick around there spiders is a good place to fight in the teens. Loads of gems and spider silk to vendor for cash. This will provide cash to run to east common lands and try find a cheap magic weapon (for killing ghouls, willowisps, etc). If you can't find one just buy a combine weapon from the oasis gypsies. It's about fifty for the long sword, but you can sell it to a vendor for forty five when you find a better option on the EC market so it's only really costing you five plat, which you will make back off of one greater light stone from a willowisp.

If you struggle with guk try fighting in south ro. Collect fire beetle eyes and give them to one of the bouncers just inside grobb. He will reward you with xp and gems or maybe some +2AC earrings. As you level up you'll be able to kill orcs who will provide raw hide armor (like leather but heavier). From south ro move on to oasis. Going this route is a little less dangerous, but you won't make close to the money hunting in guk would.

Wizardling
08-31-2014, 03:42 PM
Early on I've not found the need for any fancy stats gear so long as I get into a good group. Buffs make much more of a difference - having a shaman or other buffer, and an enchanter for clarity in one's group or just available has been far more important.

My new level 18 Troll SK does fine in mostly banded, a couple bits of bronze, and a half decent weapon, all bought for less than 200p in the tunnel by level 12, or off vendors players had sold them to.

No, you're not going to be a soloing champ in that gear, but that's EQ1 - you group for success, and later on you can afford to twink to play in other ways.

If you do want some stats gear to help you along, I suggest hitting up the places that drop them - like groups in Blackburrow for a Spiked Collar at around level 12, or solo at level four for +5 HP rings and earnings in Qeynos Aquaducts. There are a bunch of easily obtainable stat items one can get even before level 5, with some travel and care. They have very minor stat bonuses, but - for example - a combined total of +20 HPs from jewellery in Queynos Aquaducts any level 4 can solo for, is huge at that level. +20 HPs at level four is maybe four or five extra hits you can take - and that goes a long way at that level.

Quest, camp, group in the right spots. You'll end up with some great items you can then pass along to alts, slowly improving your twink gear as you move onward through the game.

sumbodylovesyou
08-31-2014, 11:24 PM
Thanks guys, this is some good advice.