PDA

View Full Version : Help for a brand-spanking new troll player, please!

SchismBlacksoul
08-29-2014, 09:45 PM
Hi again, everyone! I needa pick your brilliant brains once more.

Back during the "good old days" I only ever played as Iksar characters, so the Iksar leveling zones are all I really know. I recently had an itch to try out a female troll warrior, tho (as it seemed like it'd be a lotta fun, especially from an RP standpoint), but I'm completely at a loss of where to go and what to do. Can't even find where the guy to turn in my guild note to is! XD

Any experienced troll-players out there who can give a greenskin greenhorn some pointers on where I should be going and what I should be doing?

Much appreciated! =3

Swish
08-29-2014, 10:05 PM
If you rolled a SK, its not an easy trip to the SK guild... took me forever to find ;)

Look up the maps on the wiki for assistance and to get orientated with what goes where :)

Estu
08-29-2014, 11:55 PM
Well, Innothule is good until level 6 or 7 or so. You can start out doing stuff near Grobb, then move to the frogloks and fungus men outside of Guk. Can also delve into The Feerrott; plenty of stuff to kill there. Once you hit 8 or 9 you can go to South Ro and see if there's anyone to group up with (warrior/shaman duo would be adequate and there are often troll/ogre shamans around if they haven't vacated to some more popular spot). Or you can run over to North Ro; there are often people doing Dervish Cutthroats at around that level.

SchismBlacksoul
08-30-2014, 12:46 AM
If you rolled a SK, its not an easy trip to the SK guild... took me forever to find ;)

Look up the maps on the wiki for assistance and to get orientated with what goes where :)

Warrior, actually! Trouble is that I can't find this Ranjo guy I'm supposed to turn my starter scroll in to. The only place I can go in the area they start me at is out to Innothule Swamp. Everywhere else is a dead end, with only two Basher NPCs in the immediate area and a moat. I'd heard Grobb was a hard city to navigate, but didn't think it was gonna be THIS tricky! XD

EDIT: Scratch that, finally figured out that the moat was crossable and that there were more NPCs on the other side. Was hard to see when everything was practically the same color/texture. One hurdle crossed! LOL

Swish
08-30-2014, 05:42 AM
So much "classic" in this thread, keep going! :D

Itching
08-30-2014, 06:17 AM
And this is why EQ is great!

Estu
08-30-2014, 09:07 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Grobb#Map