PDA

View Full Version : Young cleric tips

chayes
08-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Recently came back played a monk back in the day, so I started one over. Can't do it with all the other monks - lowbie zones flooded with twinkled monks!

So I've started a cleric. 6levels in and lovin it.
I've read all the cleric wikis and just wanted to hear you small tips 'n' tricks for cleric-ing.

Begin!

kruptcy
08-29-2014, 10:12 AM
lowbie zones flooded with twinkled monks!

I think the term "twinkled" is reserved for bards. Aside from that I don't have anything else to add, still working on a baby cleric myself! Welcome back though :)

chayes
08-29-2014, 10:14 AM
I think the term "twinkled" is reserved for bards.

Lol fatfinger'd iphone, posted this from work ;)

bulbousaur
08-29-2014, 04:45 PM
I think the term "twinkled" is reserved for bards. Aside from that I don't have anything else to add, still working on a baby cleric myself! Welcome back though :)

Is this related to their prancing discipline?

Xorekle
08-29-2014, 05:22 PM
I kind of like twinkled though, your accident has spurned a new word in me vocabulary! Congrats! If only my accidental ideas turned out so good.

Xorekle
08-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Oh, but right, you wanted cleric tips, cookies, hmmm, gems is your friend. Do not fall asleep on keyboard while being main healer, group no likey much. Make sure you spend 10 seconds healing the tank and not the hot chick. Don't forget you have health too, watching tankey health not drop and going I'm doing good, then you see "Xorekle's corpse" fill your screen and you go "ah sockmonsters", cause you realized you didn't watch your own hp....yeah bad...all true things that happened to me on live at one point.

Wenuven
08-29-2014, 05:27 PM
Step 1) Make a hotkey:

/stand
/g Casting heal on %T in xx seconds!
/cast 1
/pause xx
/sit

Step 2) Press said hotkey over and over again.

Step 3) ????

Step 4) Ding 60!

Grimfan
08-29-2014, 05:32 PM
The best cleric tip I can give is that if your group is going up against a lot of caster mobs, you might want to help out on the stuns a little. You can save your group a lot of mana that way and if your DPS is good enough the mobs shouldn't last long enough through stun to do any damage to you (because you will probably pull aggro). If you have an enchanter you can even chain stun mobs instead of healing, it depends on what level you are and where you are relative to what level the mobs are, but I always have a stun or two on my bars no matter where I am.

I also always have gate on my bar.

In groups, people really like it when you announce who you're healing, I do not personally have announcement macros set up, but I know that it makes people feel better. If you have a second healer in your group though it is very nice so that they do not over-heal the person you're healing.

Other than that, sit back and have fun, it's a lot less stressful than pulling or ccing or tanking, just try not to let people die.

Xorekle
08-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Step 1) Make a hotkey:

/stand
/g Casting heal on %T in xx seconds!
/cast 1
/pause xx
/sit

Don't use pause 1000, this is not a programming world...pause 1000 will make you stand still for 100 seconds...not like I've done this or anything.

Freakish
08-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Don't heal the pullers (Monk, SK, NEC) when they're pulling. If they managed to bring one into camp and feigned to let the rest reset then when you heal them prematurely it all comes on you.

Keep DA / DB up. Extremely useful if you get hit while your casters are trying to CC or your melee are getting aggro.

You don't have to keep everyone at 100%. Your tank is down 250hp? Wait until he drops to 300 to use that Greater Heal. If you're rebuffing, try to do it when your tank is taking damage. The buff counts as a heal too!

Donal's Vambraces is clicky Valor. Pretty nice mana free heal 45-52, until you get heroism.

Not everyone needs symbol. And they sure don't all need peridot symbols.

chayes
08-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Great tips all! Keep those gems coming!
Compiling for a quality tips n tricks wiki

Swish
08-29-2014, 08:45 PM
It's really tempting at low levels to get up and use that club/staff in your hand and melee.

Don't do it if you're not full mana, and if you ARE full mana... load a nuke instead, make the most of your mana pool at all times.

Always keep root up, you have ghetto CC that can save you having to heal a lot of extra damage (providing your group can acknowledge that stuff is rooted) :p

Tankdan
08-29-2014, 09:13 PM
Keep macros short and precise.
/g DL - %t
/g Remedy - %t
/g CH - %t
/g REZ - %t
Don't do:
/g Oh NO! %t is in twubble ~~~ Incoming a super cool Complete Heal on %t *^*^*^*^^

Xorekle
08-30-2014, 10:38 AM
It's really tempting at low levels to get up and use that club/staff in your hand and melee.

Don't do it if you're not full mana, and if you ARE full mana... load a nuke instead, make the most of your mana pool at all times.

Always keep root up, you have ghetto CC that can save you having to heal a lot of extra damage (providing your group can acknowledge that stuff is rooted) :p

Though, be careful with root; root causes them to turn around and fight. Often a snare is much more desirable, or even a strong nuke or stun, compared to a root if the fight is close. If the fight is close, rooting the monster, could save the group (if it's in danger of running into more mobs) or kill the tank (if the rooted monster turns around hits him); its a situation specific judgement call.

psway
09-19-2014, 03:53 PM
The Bonthunder Staff is awesome.

Camping Drosco to obtain the staff is not. It was an awesome weapon for a young battle cleric (think dawnfire) but I would not repeat it if I had a do over.

Awwalike
09-19-2014, 04:09 PM
tip for cleric.

don't make a cleric.

wait this is blue.

make a cleric.