PDA

View Full Version : wont let me edit shortcut

mampy2003
08-28-2014, 02:07 PM
when i make a shortcut for eqgame.exe and try to edit the target to say "C:/EverQuest Red99/eqgame.exe" patchme as instructed it wont let me. it says "C:/EverQuest Red99/eqgame.exe" patchme specified in the target box is not valid. make sure the path and file name are correct. please god someone help me, this is the most frustrating thing in the wolrd. all i want to do is play p99:mad:

phacemeltar
08-28-2014, 06:07 PM
did you try removing the quotes? i should know the answer to this but sadly it escapes me.

i personally use a shortcut which opens cmd.exe, then opens eqgame.exe inside the command prompt. heres my string:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C START "EQGAME" /low /affinity 1 F:\EQLite\eqgame.exe patchme

mampy2003
08-28-2014, 09:28 PM
did you try removing the quotes? i should know the answer to this but sadly it escapes me.

i personally use a shortcut which opens cmd.exe, then opens eqgame.exe inside the command prompt. heres my string:

yeah, i've been researching this problem for a while, i tried removing the quotes. i've been wanting to play p99 for years and haven't got it to work yet. it's extremely frustrating and sad. i've seen another thread where someone has the same problem and could get no answers. such a bummer. i used to play EQ back in 2000, really wanted to relive it in all of it's glory

Grimfan
08-29-2014, 04:52 AM
Try doing this; go to your EverQuest directory where you installed Titanium/put all the appropriate patch files and such, and find eqgame. If you sort by type it will be with all the other applications. Right click on it and select "Create Shortcut" this will make a shortcut in the folder for you. Then, right click on that short cut and go to properties and then put the words patchme at the end of the target line. So for instance mine looks like this:

"C:\EverQuest (P99)\eqgame.exe" patchme

That should work, if it's still having the same problem let me know.

Swish
08-29-2014, 06:27 AM
Get on board with Duxa's installer, it'll make you a desktop icon to launch from etc ;)

Grimfan
08-29-2014, 07:01 AM
Assuming you've set everything up properly, WinEQ is also pretty decent at managing your launch. Just set the profile up to launch EQ from where you've installed it and you're good to go.

mampy2003
08-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Assuming you've set everything up properly, WinEQ is also pretty decent at managing your launch. Just set the profile up to launch EQ from where you've installed it and you're good to go.

i got it man thanks A LOT for you help and your video. this is awesome, i might call in to work tonight lol

Whirled
08-29-2014, 02:08 PM
i got it man thanks A LOT for you help and your video. this is awesome, i might call in to work tonight lol

Evercrack wins again :p

Xorekle
08-29-2014, 05:27 PM
EverCrack oh so bad for you...but...me pixels!!!