PDA

View Full Version : About to find out universe is a hologram

Peatree
08-27-2014, 06:10 PM
So if this little theory actually gets proven does this mean we are all simply MMHRPG characters?

http://news.yahoo.com/universe-really-hologram-203240505.html

:eek:

Ghordo
08-27-2014, 06:21 PM
lmao that sig.

Thulack
08-27-2014, 06:26 PM
If the things that are running the simulation find out that we know its a simulation will they turn us off?!?!?!?!?!

Champion_Standing
08-27-2014, 06:27 PM
It's still real

Daywolf
08-28-2014, 07:08 AM
Yeah been following this for some years, doing research into it and looking at the science. I like it :D The theory began some decades ago actually.

Yup, we're prolly in this big computer, all digital, a holographic representation. There is substance, but our perception is a bit different than the true reality of the situation. Our true existence being such as software, existing as energy, forever existing, just as light could theoretically travel forever under the right conditions. Finite beginning, but potential eternal existence.

Then theories of it are interesting. Such as if you split a subatomic particle, being holographic, you would find inside yet another subatomic particle, a duplicate of the one you split. If you split that, you would get the same result, another duplicate particle. You could do this endlessly, splitting particles and revealing duplicates inside, since you are not really splitting the actual source.

As for the 2d universe, they describe it as a sphere, where all this data is patterned, where we actually exist. This all started from blackhole theory, and having moved more towards mainstream as our knowledge and science has increased.

Welcome to the matrix :cool:
Tastes like chicken...

iruinedyourday
08-28-2014, 02:52 PM
If this is true, I'm gonna be pretty pissed off the real world isnt EQ...

Champion_Standing
08-28-2014, 04:15 PM
If this is true, I'm gonna be pretty pissed off the real world isnt EQ...

Isn't it tho?

DarkwingDuck
08-30-2014, 05:58 AM
Lol

Big_Japan
08-30-2014, 04:37 PM
theory lacks any predictive power to set it above quantum mechanics or a host of other "matrix" theories that play well in mass media now that we're legalizing weed

Daywolf
08-30-2014, 08:12 PM
theory lacks any predictive power to set it above quantum mechanics or a host of other "matrix" theories that play well in mass media now that we're legalizing weed
Well we can shrug it off and make silly jokes, it's in our nature, but seem that with every turn of "science" (modern as it may be and well funded with lots of money for those that say the right things) we tend to be confronted with problems regarding design vs chaos. Seems design more probable in many respects rather than being born out of chaos. Scientists are commonly faced with such conundrums in view of the fragmented results.

If I could see a computer virus generate a perfected system from chaos, I suppose anything would be possible. But in any system, it's usually the opposite, you have something more perfect that degrades over time if due to something like a virus introduced into the system. And if we first witness that system in it's already degenerative state, we would not know it's original state from it's current state of infection. We could draw any conclusion by our limited perception, even try to prove it originated from pure chaos, even if it may be improbable.

Though this article, I like the mention of the base theory, but still the writer injects personal thought that may be misleading, and opening it up for nonsense or negative criticism based on their own injected opinion that has nothing to do with the science. I mean if this is a computer system (of sorts) rising from an advanced civilization, well what is the nature of their existence, another computer system that some other civilization produced? Becomes circular reasoning, a paradox.

But I would suggest that if the base theory is correct, another possibility of maybe many possibilities, that the system was perfected from the beginning, then went into some chaotic turn, such as a virus as a crude example. And this system set up from not another civilization, but a whole other reality, something we simply cannot fathom as an ant cannot fathom the human treading over their ant hill. But I don't think that we are simply ants, but that in some way this is some form of hatchery for intelligent life, true intelligent life, not just AI. Would seem logical if this is the true state of our existence within such a system if that were the case. At least we have a nature, seems to be apparent, more than a crude pre-programmed AI would suggest, nor chaos could provide.

As for the virus idea, you know that sometimes if you get a virus on your computer, you need to delete good information to remove it, maybe even wipe the whole system and start over. I suppose if chaos is due to this, the degeneration of the system over time, we are fortunate that the system has not been wiped as of yet, at least until the purpose for the system has ran it's intended course.

A ghost in the shell, and the propagation of life in forward momentum, essence transferred and growing into a maturity one step at a time, bit by bit.

Daywolf
08-30-2014, 09:13 PM
so are we the degeneration or the design
I would say neither, but that we are effected by the degeneration and the design. I would say that the seeds of life come from outside the system, probably the only thing that is not truly a part of the system but just effected by it - we have never really seen life come from nothing, only propagated. Such as you put an egg into a hatchery, it comes from outside, even if just the essence of it to be divided and multiplied such as we observe through cell division. But the egg itself dividing, creating more eggs, moving to a maturity each in its own. Then the body is just the perception of the container, the shell of the egg you could say, linked together for the benefit of growth and maturity. That we are something of energy, at least within the shell, and projected in from the edge of that digital sphere or whatever it is, or 2d plane or whatnot.

Consider software, what is it? It's not the physical platters on the drive. It's there but it's not there, you cant touch it, but only manipulate it thought energy, though magnetic fields or what have you. It's like a ghost, it exists but it doesn't. I would say we are something like software at our base essence, our bodies are like the platters, and this is all projected in a way that we can sense and feel to our understanding.

If I could build such a computer system, a device, that's probably what I'd do with it. I could imagine life being so rare and the process of propagation in intelligent life so complicated that some form of process or procedure would be need to implemented and multiply the results, to create more life.

Anyway, I found this stuff some years ago, have had time to look it over and think about it and watch science slowly make sense of it. Even dream some :D When I was young, I saw a movie called The Black Hole haha. Sent me off into the early direction of more serious amateur astronomy, and especially star mechanics and what happens when huge stars collapse etc. This theory has been around longer than me ever seeing that movie, the digital universe and all that, and then pretty much made more sense as I went to college working on computer systems. Interesting stuff in any case.