PDA

View Full Version : Surround sound in EQ?

Rhun
08-27-2014, 05:46 AM
I remember very well in the original EQ you could have 4 speakers or more and surround sound was working properly on them. It was awesome, you could hear an approaching mob from any direction, if someone got attacked in your group, you knew exactly where and walking while casting wouldnt instantly fade the casting sound.

I also remember very well that this was broken for a long time on live and only stereo sound worked all of the sudden. I dont remember when that happened, but since I only get stereo sound on P99, I guess that problem was still there in the Titanium client.

Is there any way to get surround sound? Maybe there is a way to get the old sound API over to the Titanium client?

eqgmrdbz
08-27-2014, 08:49 AM
Never heard of this, but would make the game more immersive if i can use 4 speakers around my room, it sounds very interseting. :D

Rhun
08-29-2014, 09:46 AM
I also remember trying to bring this up to Sony back then and it got pretty much ignored (and thus it took so many years to get fixed).
I guess even the forums are classic...

Xorekle
08-29-2014, 10:25 AM
I also miss the surround sound days, and do remember them. It broke with the Luclin release, they fixed it for PoP and broke it again for GoD :(