PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Mobs disappearing after mezzing while they run.

pinedepain
09-02-2010, 06:04 AM
It only happened in dungeon and tight zones so far.

If I mezz a running mob in SolA for exemple, he disappears and reappear when mezz is gone, then I can remezz him again and he does not go away again. (I think, they only poof into the void when they are being mezzed while running, not sure though).

I can say that this is a really really dangerous bug. Let me explain, you're in a hard dungeon spot, you pull, there's 2 adds, you mezz them but they both disapppear so you can't keep them mezzed, they reappear, hit/burn you, and your whole group is dead since you were supposed to control the crowd :D.

I'm only saying that to let you see what priority could this bug be.

Thanks to the dev team!

Solrias
09-03-2010, 10:33 PM
I've noticed this as well. I'm still using the lvl 4 mesmerize spell, but its happened any time the mob is running when the mez lands. Happened in gfay, crushbone, and butcherblock. The mob is usually chasing the tank (or me) when the mez lands, and it just keeps on running, normally through a wall or something. after the mez wears off it ports back to me, but sometimes it brings a friend or two, which is bad :).

Wenai
09-03-2010, 10:38 PM
There was an issue in the beta similar to this with guarding pets.

If you told a pet to guard while it was running.. it would keep running by and graphically disappear.

I think(?) Nilbog fixed it during the beta.. maybe a similar fix can be done for this. :P

Zallarenya
09-05-2010, 02:40 AM
See previous thread also: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15439

Haynar
09-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Fixed pending patch.

Haynar