PDA

View Full Version : New with A few technical problems

eqarigon
08-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Hi all, excited about reliving original EQ especially with my favorite expansion Kunark. I am having some difficulties with a few aspects of the game.

1st. I am trying to play this with my son. When I try to log on I get a temporary block on this IP error message. Only one computer can play his per household? I hope not, was excited to share my EQ experience with my son.

2nd. On his computer when you go to full screen, anytime you right click his mouse it shrinks the game into the windows toolbar and resets it back to window mode.

Looking forward to playing some 99

Thanks all

eqarigon
08-21-2014, 08:36 PM
Found the link to get permission for IP exception so ignore that.

Still have the full screen bug

Hannibal
08-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Not sure about the right-clicking, but here's an idea:

I had an issue with my window size being off, even when the full screen had an EQ display. Have him go full-screen, then move the mouse slowly around the screen towards the edges. Does it change from being a EQ pointer, to your windows cursor?

If so, you need to set your windowed mode to being the same size as a full screen. I did this by going into the EQ button then into the display options and setting a resolution equal to my full screen, then actually going full-screen. I know it sound wonky, but it worked for me.

If that fails, you'll need a slightly more techy person. Please provide all the details you can: OS, compatability settings, and UIs you have, etc....

eqarigon
08-26-2014, 01:25 AM
thats what I ended up doing. Setting mine and his window mode to max screen resolution therefore blowing up to the same size as fullscreen. My computer started having the same issue in fullscreen

Rais
08-26-2014, 01:35 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139727