PDA

View Full Version : login

xbrokensoldier
08-21-2014, 04:46 PM
I made a login account on this forum, but whenever I try to start everquest I get Logging into the server. Please wait... and it doesn't change.

thetosh
08-29-2014, 05:52 AM
Mine does the same thing. This is my eqhost.txt file:

[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

:(

Xorekle
08-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Have you tried the duxa installer? Also, make sure your antivirus/firewall isn't blocking EQ and that you're launching it from the Launch Titanium.bat file and not the EQ game or shortcut windows installs.

Derubael
08-29-2014, 11:32 AM
Did you guys remember to make both a forum and loginserver account? They are two separate things and both need to be created.

If you guys did that already, would check to make sure that:

A) no firewall software blocking your application
B) no firewall hardware blocking your application
C) norton and mc affee (as well as some other mass produced virus scanners) can mess with a number of applications, including EQ. I'd highly recommend getting rid of them forever (these can be notoriously difficult to completely remove. google and do some research before you start and end up with a half-uninstalled product that is an even bigger pain in the ass than the installed one).
D) did you remember to *not* patch everquest except with the p99 patch? if you ran any form of everquest without using launch titanium.bat OR using a shortcut with patchme at the end, you will likely need to re-install

and lastly,
E) is everquest installed in your c:\program files\ or c:\program files(x86)\ ? If so, copy that folder to C:\everquest, re-download the patch, and run launch titanium.bat
Having EQ installed to program files causes a laundry list of problems running the game, depending on your system, if you have UAC turned on. If you don't know what UAC is, it's turned on.