PDA

View Full Version : rolling client crashes after /q

Duelin
08-20-2014, 10:43 AM
I'm a SK, so from time to time when a pull goes bad I have to /q to clear agro.

The problem is that after I do this, I cannot log into the game again. I can get back to the character select screen but when I click "Play EverQuest" the hard drive thrashes for a few seconds and I get a little popup that says "Your client may have crashed" etc etc.

This happens over and over again for 10-40 minutes after I have to /q.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro, have EQ installed in the default directory, tried it with WinEQ2 and without, nothing seems to help.

WTF is wrong?

myriverse
08-20-2014, 11:10 AM
Something probably not unloading correctly when you /q.

Duelin
08-20-2014, 11:53 AM
That was my initial thought as well, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I get the exact same crash even if I reboot my PC after I /q. I get it even when I don't /q too, I just seem to have about a 70% chance to crash any time I load into the game. Sometimes it works, other times I crash 8-10 times in a row. I cannot figure out any pattern or reason to it.

I've thought it may be connection related, maybe I drop a few packets trying to connect and the game just assumes I crashed.

I've thought it may be a file issue, but the randomness of the crash makes that seem unlikely.

I've thought it may be a compatibility problem, but I just did a full shutdown/restart, opened through WinEQ2 and crashed on load in.

I've heard that the last patch to p99 caused this issue for several players, has anyone discovered a fix for it?