PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Mistmoore pets poof when charmed

choklo
09-01-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm a 35 enchanter with cha of 214. I attempted to charm two caster mob pets that were both light blue to me last pm in the mistmoore cook room. Each time the pet poofed immediately. I never got the pet control box to pop up. I never saw the first pet again, but believe the second reappeared about 3-4 minutes later and we killed it.
I have charmed pets before here without problems.

guineapig
09-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Some changes were made recently and I think it's related to what you are experiencing.

Until the last patch, bards would be able to make mob pets poof simply by casting charm on them. (This was a great way to deal with annoying wolves in Solb.) Since the patch this has been nerfed and now you simply get a message saying something along the lines of it not being a valid target... or you can't charm pets... or something.

Seems like what you are experiencing now is what bards used to have the pleasure of enjoying for quite some time.

Are you playing an enchanter or a bard?

Glitch
09-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Are you playing an enchanter or a bard?

I'm a 35 enchanter

I'm a 35 enchanter

I'm a 35 enchanter

I'm a 35 enchanter

guineapig
09-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Glitch, you truly contribute so much to this community.
With so much time on your hands maybe you can try using some of this energy of yours to answer people's questions?

Anyway Choklo, whatever the nerf was that they did to bard charm on pets, they obviously undid to enchanters.

Honestly, you ar ebetter off making pets dissapear with charm then trying to keep them as pets since they can't tank anything but other pets and their DPS is horrible.

I'm guessing this will get fixed next patch.

Glitch
09-02-2010, 03:51 AM
maybe you can try using some of this energy of yours to answer people's questions?

I answered your question, didn't I?

Scrooge
11-25-2010, 12:18 AM
I answered your question, didn't I?

It wasn't 100% legit though...

Haynar
11-25-2010, 11:51 AM
It wasn't 100% legit though...
And why are you trolling 3 month old posts?

Knock it off.

H