PDA

View Full Version : About to start, what's different?

Yami Blind
08-18-2014, 02:08 PM
Hey everyone

After endless MMO Hopping, I think I'm going to give Project 1999 a shot to fill that EQ Void i've been trying to fill for 15 years

I was just curious about what's different between my memories and what's live on p99?

For example, I personally love Velious, Luclin, and some PoP so I was considering playing on EQMac, but that server is dead. While looking at the pros and cons of EQmac vs p99, someone mentioned that mob reach on p99 is far. What?

I'm just trying to get a feel for things like that. What's different on p99 than what was on EQ back before the release of Velious?

Also, will we ever see Velious on p99?

Cheers

Zadrian
08-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Velious is due out at some point...been about 4 years comin.

The major differences are in the raid scene where guilds just rat on each other to the GMs rather than trying to deal with it.

Otherwise the community is fine and the gameplay is smooth. It will be a lot of what you remember.

Yami Blind
08-18-2014, 02:19 PM
Does an economy exist?

Zadrian
08-18-2014, 02:22 PM
Sure does, but there are conspiracy theories of RMT schemes and whatnot. Since people know what to farm now, the economy is not the same as it used to be. A lot of the stuff that was considered rare and hard to obtain on live is now significantly easier to find because guilds would just farm the shit out of those items and flood the market with them.

Stormlight
08-18-2014, 02:23 PM
Does an economy exist?

http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Estu
08-18-2014, 02:23 PM
P99 is about as close to live Kunark as you're gonna find. There are some differences (you can peruse the bugs forum) but they're pretty minor. There is a healthy playerbase and an established economy (you can see what things sell for on the wiki). Velious is currently being worked on and will come out whenever the devs finish it (probably in several months). The server will not progress past Velious.

Yami Blind
08-18-2014, 02:24 PM
you are all gentlemans and scholars

Kidneypunch
08-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Sure does, but there are conspiracy theories of RMT schemes and whatnot. Since people know what to farm now, the economy is not the same as it used to be. A lot of the stuff that was considered rare and hard to obtain on live is now significantly easier to find because guilds would just farm the shit out of those items and flood the market with them.

This is a good thing =) makes it easier for John Doe to buy it

Duncon
08-20-2014, 11:39 AM
I think the biggest difference here over my experience originally is that people are way better geared, even if they are newish like me, never mind if they are twinked. Also due to the age of the server there are way more higher level characters farming and PLing in lower level zones.

Overall it is real close, and an awesome time.

Clark
08-20-2014, 12:59 PM
I think the biggest difference here over my experience originally is that people are way better geared, even if they are newish like me, never mind if they are twinked. Also due to the age of the server there are way more higher level characters farming and PLing in lower level zones.

Overall it is real close, and an awesome time.

Agreed good post.