PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question

Grubbz
08-18-2014, 11:58 AM
I recently had a family member pass away and during the funeral they had a slideshow playing various pictures from his entire life. At the end of the funeral we asked how much each copy would cost and they said $25 each, this of course lead me to believe there was a cheaper and better alternative.

So i went out and bought a disk label program and some cd's, roughly $40 and made 10 higher then average slideshows on dvd disks with cases that had his picture and eulogy on it.

Now i did all of this for roughly $40 when the funeral wanted to charge me $25 each and they came with just a regular white sleeve.

Do you think something like this could be made into a major business or is there a company out there that already does weddings/funerals/graduations/events?

Was thinking of maybe looking at kickstarter as one of the options to make this company if there seemed to be enough demand for it.

What do you guys think?

Swish
08-18-2014, 12:17 PM
Sounds like an enterprising idea. Is this to make money though or get back at those Wall Street fat cats?

If the former, consider maybe $18-20 per product. Not extortionate and less chance of people thinking about the setup/profit margin on it.

There's been worse Kickstarters for sure.

Whirled
08-18-2014, 12:22 PM
first off, my condolences to the family member lost.

I used to know a family that sold caskets, funeral arrangements, all the related stuff, etc. They admitted that the prices were inflated and that most people would dismiss prices during the grieving process which made for lucrative business in their eyes.

If you find something you can make a dollar doing & you enjoy it - just do it!

Shit, I know a dude that still makes tie-dyes and other stuff as a side business. fft~

Baler
08-18-2014, 12:44 PM
making money off dead people is a decent career option. Trust me, been in the funeral business for 12 years now.

If you really can produce,. ABOVE average quality eulogy and slideshows then I say go for it. You'll make a killing. Reach out to local funeral homes and see if they need someone who can do that kind of thing. If you're lucky, they won't already have been introduced to the software that people like me and fellow co workers produce and they'll be interested to see what you have to offer.

Long story short,.. you could make a career out of this sort of thing if it plays out well.

People are dieing to get in the door. :D

thugcruncher
08-18-2014, 12:52 PM
making money off dead people

You'll make a killing.

People are dieing to get in the door. :D

http://replygif.net/i/692.gif