PDA

View Full Version : PSA: All Druids/Wizards

SenoraRaton
08-17-2014, 10:11 PM
PLEASE let me invis before porting me. I'm an iksar and hated everywhere. If you want a tip, we need to do it BEFORE we port. Please then wait until I am safely invisible again, and THEN port. If that is too hard for you, give me some sort of warning that we are porting so that I can ensure I am prepared.... Please?

Died twice to two different druids because they ported before I was invised....

Estu
08-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Look for the "begins to cast a spell" emote. Look at the spell particles; the port spells have particular particles you can recognize. Disband before they finish casting the spell (takes a good 10 or so seconds to cast).

Bboboo
08-17-2014, 10:31 PM
Disband before they finish casting the spell (takes a good 10 or so seconds to cast).

Daldaen
08-17-2014, 10:40 PM
Hopefully soon enough you can afford a Circlet of Shadows, then you can instantly invis.

Faywind
08-18-2014, 01:02 AM
PLEASE let me invis before porting me. I'm an iksar and hated everywhere. If you want a tip, we need to do it BEFORE we port. Please then wait until I am safely invisible again, and THEN port. If that is too hard for you, give me some sort of warning that we are porting so that I can ensure I am prepared.... Please?

How about you let the porter know in advance for an invis? Problem solved...

Daywolf
08-18-2014, 01:28 AM
How about you let the porter know in advance for an invis? Problem solved...
Well... usually it's someone porting that has little exp with porting. I mean once a druid starts porting, they soon realize that it's just not worth it :p
/anon

rafaone
08-18-2014, 03:19 AM
Look for the "begins to cast a spell" emote. Look at the spell particles; the port spells have particular particles you can recognize. Disband before they finish casting the spell (takes a good 10 or so seconds to cast).

Or let the porter now in advance you going to need invis. Iksar level 50+ normally don't have troubles when porting them.

Daywolf
08-18-2014, 03:59 AM
Yep, actually people usually mention it. But I keep my invis on the same page as my group ports, which is a good reminder. Invis, bind, sow and group ports, same two open pages. I always keep my four root-rot spell gems up and dump the bottom four for the port spell set... well 3 or 4 depending if I'll need bind which would overwrite heal. But yeah, while I'm already meming invis/cammo, they usually mention it. Being a hostile port or even a CR, I always mem it.

I admit though, it did happen once, like a lvl12 troll in a rush from gfay to wc/ec late one night. I got him a full rez though, he was happy hehe. But that was some time ago, and since dropped cammo onto the port page to keep a reminder no matter how tired I am.

Root
Dot
Dot
Snare
Heal / bind
Cammo
Port
SoW

Whirled
08-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Fly the wizard airlines. Problem solved =D

Nirgon
08-18-2014, 12:06 PM
Hit ctrl + D if you aren't invis before port goes off.

SenoraRaton
08-18-2014, 01:25 PM
I appreciate the responses, but I want to clarify. There are many things I can do to help prevent the situation, but its a bit of a two way street you know. I'm paying you for a service, we kind of want me to get there safely so neither of us has to deal with the aftermath. It takes two to tango. Lets both be conscious of these things in the future, and with 2 people watching out its even more likely that this kind of thing doesn't happen.

Nirgon
08-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Don't be alt tabbed out is a good idea too. Shit happens.

Daywolf
08-18-2014, 02:01 PM
I appreciate the responses, but I want to clarify. There are many things I can do to help prevent the situation, but its a bit of a two way street you know. I'm paying you for a service, we kind of want me to get there safely so neither of us has to deal with the aftermath. It takes two to tango. Lets both be conscious of these things in the future, and with 2 people watching out its even more likely that this kind of thing doesn't happen.
Not really, it's just not worth it, man. With all the many druids on this server and active, hardly any do it for a good reason. So be glad you have someone to port you at all even if they are really green, or just too drunk to be holding a camp that pays far better so go porting. You know, if people actually say paid 1pp per their character level on avg, you might get better service from people sticking around doing public ports regularly.

Bottom line is, you didn't mention it so it was really your fault. People who play druids are not psychics to know if you've done faction repair in the zone they are porting you to, or even destroyed your faction there. You are calling out all druids and wizards for really what was your own mistake.

Wrench
08-18-2014, 02:21 PM
have yet to see why wizards are mentioned in the thread title

Estu
08-18-2014, 02:25 PM
have yet to see why wizards are mentioned in the thread title

The North Karana wizard port has a patrolling guard.

Estu
08-18-2014, 02:26 PM

It's pretty simple. You are the one worried about dying, and you can easily prevent it. So pay attention and disband before the port if you need to. If you ask someone to port you somewhere and you're not prepared for the consequences of arriving at that location, and you don't tell them that in advance, then you are the only one to blame.

Now look, personally, if I'm porting someone on my druid or wizard and I can see by their race and level that they might in trouble at the destination, I'll invis them regardless of whether they ask me to. But ultimately it is your responsibility to take care of yourself; if some other porter doesn't do it for you, that's not their obligation.

Also, like Daywolf said, most people porting do it to be nice, not because they need the money. I can easily make four times the amount of platinum per hour farming stuff than I can porting, and that's without any legitimately strong farming characters (e.g. 60 shaman or enchanter). Same thing with rezzing people on my cleric. The amount you get paid is simply not worth it compared to other methods of making money. You're just trying to do people a favor.

Daywolf
08-18-2014, 03:07 PM
most people porting do it to be nice, not because they need the money.
Yea that's pretty much it. Maybe at lvl29 a drui can make some decent plats porting to wc, but once you level higher or have other characters on the account that can farm, it's just something to pass the time. Personally, I'd rather just use the time and mana to buff un-twinked players in the newbie area, hand out a little dropped newbie gear now and then. Higher levels, I would guess joining dial-a-port would be the only real money maker (if much at all), having a que of players to port.

For the rest of us that do, it's just a matter of being nice, or going in the same direction at the time (if you bother to mention destination in the spam), or having just ported friends and someone at the druid ring begging for a quick port. Fact is, rather than constantly spamming for a port or sending random tells to people with /anon /roleplay on - asking if they can port, best to just go sit at a druid ring and wait, and not get bent out of shape if things don't all go as planned when you're not paying attention.

Fatty
08-18-2014, 04:36 PM

His name is Guard Frederick, and he is a jerk.

Whirled
08-18-2014, 04:39 PM
His name is Guard Frederick, and he is a jerk.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Fredrick = 1 ice comet approx :D

sox7d
08-18-2014, 04:43 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Fredrick = 1 ice comet approx :D

nice

Wrench
08-18-2014, 04:50 PM

touche

If that is too hard for you, give me some sort of warning that we are porting so that I can ensure I am prepared.... Please?

pro tip for op - change color of others spell casts, say lb and have in a diff window than group chat, you now magically have a warning

Asudad
08-18-2014, 06:04 PM
It always pays to remember if you have an evil race in group and if so, I don't have evac to North Karana loaded. If porting I will invis them first. Still you should give a warning to porter just as a reminder.

phacemeltar
08-18-2014, 06:07 PM
those WC druids are bad asses. i accidentally aggroed them when i was a werewolf, next thing i know im getting the whole druid spellbook dumped on me.

Meiva
08-18-2014, 06:28 PM
If you're not responsible enough to in is durring port cast, then I'd suggest carrying an invis pot on your char. Insta cast, 10pp. This should be a non-issue, and is a non-issue. Vomiting the blame on your porters is gonna get you on the "Do not fly" list ;)

*The opinions expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect the opinions of DAP. I rarely even play!

Clark
08-18-2014, 08:22 PM
Lol ouch.

Meiva
08-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Was I too blunt? I encourage all players including OP. Invis pots. EC tunnel will hand you/fund your invis pot need. Do NOT blame a large portion of your community for your mistimed actions. Just don't.

OP-You seem like a nice person by the way ;)

Daywolf
08-18-2014, 11:06 PM
Was I too blunt? I encourage all players including OP. Invis pots. EC tunnel will hand you/fund your invis pot need. Do NOT blame a large portion of your community for your mistimed actions. Just don't.

OP-You seem like a nice person by the way ;)
Or buy a couple ring of shadows. Provided the vendor recharge trick still works. You sell a charged one onto the vendor (vendor that relists), then the empty one, lastly buy both back fully charged. A guide on the wiki how to do it and list of items that can be recharged.

Tpar
08-19-2014, 12:55 PM
I almost always ask my customers when porting if they need an invis. I also invis them as a precaution if they don't answer. Its better to be safe than sorry later. In the few cases where I have ported them in and forgot, and/or didn't ask, I then log in my cleric and get them a rez. Its just good customer service to make sure that the paying passengers get where they are going, alive.

GnashingOfTeeth
08-19-2014, 01:37 PM

When you send tell for port, and the taxi replies, indicate your needs.

/t taxi "will need a sow, and need to invis before lift off, thanks!"

http://media.giphy.com/media/A1oTNQ5mHsbTO/giphy.gif

Swish
08-19-2014, 01:55 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/Sciroccology/1bhf_zpsd1c89c51.jpg