PDA

View Full Version : new player Mayleus

Mayleus Knightstalker
08-16-2014, 11:16 PM
Hello i am greatful i found a private server for eq since. I was 12 I played till high school freshman lol. I would like to know what guilds are looking for people and what class they need for them I am good with thief ranger necro and warrior do note I hate tanking I like a support DPs class ever game I played I used a high DPs class for wow I went rogue highest DPs in my guild but I quit that years agoi am starting out in the wood elf city my favorite place and I know how to travel every where I mite go druidso I can travel faster and port but idk that's why I would like a guild to invite me and let me know what they can use to help their family grow I'm tired for guild wars 2 my guild kings destroyed everything yes I know seven mirror personally wow is lame to me eq always got my attention for how big it is unique play style and its simple please let me know I doing wana start working on a thief and then have to switch

Swish
08-17-2014, 07:15 AM
The line we tend to throw out there is: "play what you enjoy"

It can't hurt to experiment and try a class you never played on live but if you want one character to level 60, make it a class you know you won't be easily tired of.

I don't know how many retired clerics p99 has but its a lot, based on people just wanting to "play whats in demand" :p

Also have a browse in the guild discussion forum. You'll soon be recruited by a leveling guild on your adventures if not :)

Daywolf
08-17-2014, 12:51 PM
gw2? sux. Anet made promises, launched fulfilling those promises, then totally broke their word and started doing the exact things they promised never to do. Trust completely broken, I'd never buy another anet game again. Played first year, after all the changes uninstalled and never went back.

So... what? druid or rogue? You are playing a druid just for ports and sows? hmm... sounds boring. It doesn't always work out well, because you may have a good camp, and your friends, guildies and strangers are constantly sending you tells for ports. Then leaving your camp may mean you lose it. Yeah you can make a little plat, but the camp may drop 30x more. I just play drui for the combat side of it, more so constant dps over quick burst. anon/roleplay on all the time, rarely take port requests. I even pref not to group heal, I don't have specialization into alteration so heals burn mana a bit too fast making me just sit and watch the whole time. But out free and in the wild, excellent class.

Rogue, good class, never played one past a few levels or so, and like a decade ago. But easy to play, they have their strengths. When on my cleric, it's one of the classes I like to duo with. I can usually tank (when geared for it) and hold aggro most of the fight w/o using much mana, so works out well.

Anyway, ranger I'd probably pass on atm, at least until you can afford some decent gear, or collect gear drops for it. Ranger takes a lot of dedication here. You may get stuck soloing often, so good to have decent gear. Warrior is gear dependent as well, you could start as a first character, but you will need to do extra hustling to keep up with gear.

Embrace the wiki:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid
http://wiki.project1999.com/Rogue

Yeah, played d/d stealth thief. Actually capped all classes and all crafting professions. Too bad anet is just a bunch of scammers.

Mayleus Knightstalker
08-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Yea gw2 does suck n I'm happy I'm playing eq again I make a rogue named Mayleus add me if you would like playing on legendary server ruins of something was on for a few I have a new born who needs me at time my 17month old is independent so he don't need much besides his baby TV drink n food and he's happy both boys

gildor
08-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Saw you running around last night in fay, should be on around 6-7 est if you want to group up..

Mayleus Knightstalker
08-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Sure I got a lot to do today but when I get a chance sure IMA start researching gear I need for my rogue as well

Clark
08-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Welcome. Also that is one very long sentence. :D