PDA

View Full Version : Random freezing

NodnarbTheFool
08-15-2014, 08:46 PM
I zoned into EC from WC yesterday evening for the GM event. About 5 seconds after zoning in the game froze. When I logged back in I stayed connected for 5 more seconds and the game froze again. Logged back in and ran back into WC. Was able to stay there about 20 minutes before the freeze happened again. Packed up for the night and came back next morning.

The freezing has been happening randomly throughout the day in WC and a once in Overthere. Consistently whenever I attempt to go into EC it freezes within 5 - 10 seconds and has been affecting only this character. When I log on mule in EC tunnel or play any other character in any zone, including EC, no erratic freezing happens at all.

Action taken so far:
Restart computer, change character interfaces, re-install everquest titanium, downloading and running WinEQ 2.0,

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94928

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=834843&postcount=5

and pretty much everything I saw as related on those forum pages.

One individual suggested I attempt resetting my character in the eq boot folder and/or cleaning out log folders but neither of those existed until i typed /log about an hour ago trying different /help commands. I searched entire computer C drive for character profile information and the ss of that is below.

If I can answer any questions to help find an answer please post or pm me.

I have not had any kind of connection problem like this prior to zoning into EC last night during the event.

The images attached are my computer specs and the search result from C: drive search. They are a bunch of text documents and Internet explorer docs that are inaccessible.

Thank you

NodnarbTheFool
08-15-2014, 08:54 PM
Sorry pic quality poor.
Windows 7 Home premium
Inspiron n7110
Intel Core i7 - 2670qm CPU @ 2.20 GHz
8.00 GB ram
64-bit OS

rafaone
09-20-2014, 11:48 AM
I am having the exact same problem. From yesterday game freezes randomly. It can take 5 sec or maybe 2 mins max, but it freezes at some point. I was at WC it first happened and it could happen by any action (like typing, hitting enter to send a message) or it could happen randomly just standing.

It only happens me with one character though. With the other ones everything is fine. I am trying to backup with older character.ini files before doing any other action, but this problem is really annoying. I never had it until 2 days, so it's weird Nodnarb and me have it at the same time.

PC:

Asus notebook.
Geforce 720M
Intel core i5 @ 1,8 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
64 bit Windows 8 OS

rafaone
09-21-2014, 05:23 PM
After some asking and a lot of crashes I think the source of the issue is somewhat related to the size/number of chats you have open at a given time.

Try entering the game and resizing the main chat. You have to be quick, because if a message pops in the chat it's instant freeze (at least for me). It was difficult because I had Gaviilan logged in EC lol ...

Anyway -after like 10 minutes I got freezes again so don't really know if this is the issue, but this is really annoying man.

Can you try the chat resize and come back here?

rafaone
09-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Bump !!

I deleted my .ini files from the EQ directory and now it works fine. Problem is that I've lost like 50 hotkeys. Trying to regain them back by copy and paste from the UI file, let's see if it works.

Drazyx
04-22-2015, 04:23 AM
bump, which .ini files did you delete? this is going on right now for me.

rafaone
04-22-2015, 04:27 AM
delete the ones that contain information of the character you are having troubles to log in, but make a backup first

Drazyx
04-22-2015, 05:17 AM
thank you!