PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes August 24, 2010. (Previously Updated)

nilbog
08-31-2010, 03:29 PM
These are the missing patch notes from the 24th. All of these changes should be active.

Code

Rogean: Entities dying while under illusions will now keep their appearance as their corpse.
Haynar: Added support for pulse based bard mana songs. This type of song will not generate an icon on the bard or others. Multiple bards singing a pulse based song, will stack their mana regen effects on those classes that have mana and can regen mana by songs.
Haynar: Resinging a song that is already started will no longer give a song fades message for the bard.
Haynar: Mana regen effects from spells will no longer work on bards (Including Necro Twitch)
Haynar: Items with spell clickies or spells used to gain mana, such as manastone, modulating rod will no longer be clickable by bards, even if the bard is a usable class.
Haynar: Spectres have remembered how to slice.
Haynar: Spell worn off messages make their return in a more classic format.
Bumamgar: Spell resist/fizzle/immune messages moved to the proper filter (instead of Shout)
Bumamgar: Mobs that fear will no longer continue to focus their attention on pets that have been feared, instead preferring non-feared targets.
Bumamgar: Pets will no longer be added to hatelist of engaged mobs during passive aggro checks. This prevents mobs that are FD on a group/raid from aggroing pets first.

Content

Nilbog: Marus Kemson will now only wield 1 lute.
Nilbog: Nok shaman of upper guk will no longer drop shaman powders. Round 2.
Nilbog: Aggro messages added for skeletal monks, dry bones skeletons, and spectres.
Nilbog: bixie aggro scripts corrected.
Nilbog: Nok shaman of upper guk will no longer drop shaman powders.
Nilbog: Elesseryl Terussar will now sell spell: summon dead.
Nilbog: Chesgard Sydwen's script text and blanket quest fixed.
Nilbog: Drosco's spawn time, location, and pathing corrected.
Nilbog: Timvu, Neab, Omorb, and Riggin Vix will now be 2 minute spawns.
Nilbog: Corrected loot and faction for Omorb.
Nilbog: Added hail text for Timvu.
Nilbog: Added npc Thumpy to Qeynos Catacombs.
Nilbog: Lions in the Karanas will now be kos to druids and rangers as well as others. The guards in these regions will kos lions.
Nilbog: All level 51+ npcs have gained the ability to summon.
Nilbog: Inte Akera's primary faction fixed.
Nilbog: Inte Akera's spawn location fixed. He will no longer spawn beneath the windmill.
Nilbog: Dirkog Steelhand no longer requires you to be a paladin in order to spawn Inte Akera.
Nilbog: The correct petrified wood will drop in the Plane of Sky.
Nilbog: gorgalasks and Gorgalosk will now proc Stone Breath instead of cockatrice gaze
Nilbog: Added slay message for watchful guards, heart harpies, and Gorgalosk.
Nilbog: Added "harpy voice" to appropriate npcs in airplane.
Nilbog: Added "spiroc thunder" to appropriate npcs in airplane.
Nilbog: airplane spirocs will now blind properly.
Haynar: Solon’s Bewitching Bravura’s mana cost was reduced.
Haynar: Cassindra`s Chorus of Clarity is now pulse based.
Haynar: Necro pet haste spell durations have been adjusted.
Spirell: Fixed the spell list for Bazzt Zzzt
Spirell: Adjusted damage range for Spiroc Lord
Spirell: Adjusted and tested all of the haste values for PoSKy mobs. They should now be doing the same DPS as they did on live.
Spirell: Added White Treant Fists to PoS global loot drops
Spirell: Reviewed and fixed all of the quest NPC scripts in PoSky
Spirell: Fixed "Griffon Beak" to be the correct one needed for PoSKy Necromancer quest

hueylewis187
08-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks for all the hard work again!!

guineapig
08-31-2010, 03:54 PM
I had no idea lions were threatening to druids on live. Never played a druid back then.

hueylewis187
08-31-2010, 04:00 PM
O yeah , if a lion jumped you at the druid rings in nk. Than you attacked the lion in anyway. You were dead ; )

Just like holly in Qhills. If she was near and you were fighting any animal. bear , wolf w/e she would kill you. Not skellies or gnolls just the animals.

Taluvill
08-31-2010, 09:33 PM
I had no idea lions were threatening to druids on live. Never played a druid back then.

Played a druid for 8 years, don't remember this part.

Taluvill
08-31-2010, 09:37 PM
O yeah , if a lion jumped you at the druid rings in nk. Than you attacked the lion in anyway. You were dead ; )

Just like holly in Qhills. If she was near and you were fighting any animal. bear , wolf w/e she would kill you. Not skellies or gnolls just the animals.

I do remember the holly part. She was nasty if you crossed an animal.

Auvdar
08-31-2010, 10:10 PM
Early in live IRC Lions were always threatening to druids. As well as some wolfs. ( I remember a few wolfs jumping me in EK. )

Savok
09-01-2010, 07:27 PM
I never remembered any animal being mad at druids.

h0tr0d (shaere)
09-02-2010, 03:22 AM
Spirell: Added White Treant Fists to PoS global loot drops

This mean they drop off any mob potentially?>

girth
09-02-2010, 12:05 PM
I never remembered any animal being mad at druids.

Teeroyoyort
09-02-2010, 05:24 PM
"Haynar: Added support for pulse based bard mana songs. This type of song will not generate an icon on the bard or others. Multiple bards singing a pulse based song, will stack their mana regen effects on those classes that have mana and can regen mana by songs."

Does this mean 1 bard can chain sing his song over itself for more mana as well? or only multiple bards can pull this off?

Lazortag
09-02-2010, 06:57 PM
By the way, that isn't working as intended - the icon still shows when you do mana song. At least, it shows for the Bard casting it. I don't know if it "stacks" either because I can't test that :p

Lanvaren
09-03-2010, 01:19 PM
By the way, that isn't working as intended - the icon still shows when you do mana song. At least, it shows for the Bard casting it. I don't know if it "stacks" either because I can't test that :p
It does.

It's working properly - I'm assuming the glitched icon (yes, it's glitched) is a result of the current spells file, perhaps?

However- Cassindra's Chorus of Clarity was a stringed song... so... maybe we'll be getting some more love soon. :)

astuce999
09-03-2010, 09:11 PM
It's not a stringed song, it's a singing song, it's modified by epic, and during Luclin you wanted to play amplification as well as getting voice of the serpent or shadowsong cloak to get full effect.

You were probably thinking of all other mana songs since then that were hp+mana regen and were all string based.

cheers!

'Stuce

Bubbles
09-04-2010, 04:57 AM
I never played a necro much pre-p1999.

Any idea on the ballpark range for how long the pet buff is *supposed* to last? like 15 min? 30 min?

Bones
09-05-2010, 11:25 AM
I never played a necro much pre-p1999.

Any idea on the ballpark range for how long the pet buff is *supposed* to last? like 15 min? 30 min?
I believe it is 15 minutes.
http://www.crys.org/everquest/spells/spell_details.asp?Spell+Name++ID=355

Skope
09-05-2010, 04:56 PM
I believe it is 15 minutes.
http://www.crys.org/everquest/spells/spell_details.asp?Spell+Name++ID=355

it used to last 5 minutes and it was just changed to ~15mins.

Thanks a ton!

BuzWeaver
09-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Early in live IRC Lions were always threatening to druids. As well as some wolfs. ( I remember a few wolfs jumping me in EK. )

Some of the Wolves yes, Lions no.. The fact that Druids wouldn't be attacked by most animals in EK made it ideal for silk gathering. Rest assured, I spent A LOT of time in EK getting silk.

Droop
09-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Was anything done to intimidation? It seems to take 2-3x the tries to fear a dark blue mob. Maybe it was just bad luck in Freeport the last couple of days, but it really appears changed.

Lyrik
11-08-2010, 07:11 PM

I had this happen to me. Some animals were definitely kos to druids, I distinctly recall having to run away from the rings to kill an animal on multiple occasions.

Azrihalzar
11-09-2010, 03:46 PM
I had this happen to me. Some animals were definitely kos to druids, I distinctly recall having to run away from the rings to kill an animal on multiple occasions.

I recall this as well. All cats and coyotes were KOS, if memory serves.

ShivanAngel
11-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Been trying to figure out what the spell wear off messages have made a return in a more classic format.

Anyone know what this one means?

BTW thanks devs for all the hard work!!!

BuzWeaver
11-11-2010, 08:08 PM

As a Wood Elf Druid I don't recall being attacked by animals around of the the Druid Rings. I'd be attacked if I assisted someone who Coned KOS to them.

maegi
01-14-2011, 06:01 PM
the only animals that should con KOS to a druid are unusual ones, ie, enraged wolves etc