PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter + cleric duo

nicemace
08-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Hey guys, just had a quick question i hope one of you might be able to help with?

Friend and I gonna be running the enchanter cleric duo from 1 - 60.

I main'd a ench and charmed the whole way to 50 (when 50 was cap) so gonna be teaching my friend how to charm. In this instance im going to be running the cleric.

I'm mainly wondering what is going to be the main objective of the duo? Do we just get a single pet. buff it up, give it weps etc and then I just keep that single pet alive while providing extra protection to the ench from breaks etc? Or are we still going to be doing the charm 1, make it fight 2, invis up, kill pet, charm one moree, fight, invis, kill, etc etc?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Swish
08-14-2014, 07:30 PM
Early levels you'll probably use 1 pet to kill a mob, then break charm and finish it off off... then charm a new one.

Later on, particularly after the cleric gets complete heal at 39... definitely worth keeping a pet, and even buffing it (haste etc) if you feel confident it's not going to rape you on a charm break.

Keep a bag full of torches on you at all times to help with dps when you're keeping pets :)

Sidenote: Don't drink too much fluid in a typical session, quick AFKs can be fatal later on :p

iruinedyourday
08-14-2014, 07:32 PM
I find having the cleric keep target on the pet at all times with a stun ready for pet breaks means that you can haste/hastemask/weaponise pet and chew through mobs with very little threat to your enchanter!

You dont get an xp penalty with 2 in the group so just keep the pet alive and chew chew chew through that XP :)

keep that enchanter alive tho.. The most dangerous part of this duo is your pet - not the mobs you're fighting. Keep you're eyes on his pet and your finger on the trigger! :)

nicemace
08-14-2014, 07:38 PM
sweet as, thanks for the response guys. will make a wreckingball.

Clark
08-14-2014, 07:41 PM
Early levels you'll probably use 1 pet to kill a mob, then break charm and finish it off off... then charm a new one.

Later on, particularly after the cleric gets complete heal at 39... definitely worth keeping a pet, and even buffing it (haste etc) if you feel confident it's not going to rape you on a charm break.

Keep a bag full of torches on you at all times to help with dps when you're keeping pets :)

Sidenote: Don't drink too much fluid in a typical session, quick AFKs can be fatal later on :p
:D

iruinedyourday
08-14-2014, 07:57 PM

oh god this.. this is the worst part about playing an enchanter.. I have fallen on my face by tripping on my kitchen carpet running in to quickly in the dark ( I odnt even have time to turn on the lights ) to get a quick drink & run into the corner of my coffee table twice...

ugh sad i spent like 10 mins trying to find a gif of someone running into the kitchen and spilling everything as they trip on some shit and fall on their face.. this was all i got.. SWISH HELP ME OUT :(

http://i.imgur.com/v4D8J.gif

this is just sad....

iruinedyourday
08-14-2014, 08:01 PM
Oh dang I should tell you what I do to for bathroom breaks.. I just hit auto-follow on my cleric (or duo partner) then when pet breaks (if pet breaks) then partner just roots it and takes a few steps away form mob and pulls me outta aggro range.. works good! Even on the thin ramparts in COM (if you don't make any fast moments)

Swish
08-14-2014, 08:01 PM
Always think of this one :p

http://www.slightlywarped.com/crapfactory/curiosities/2014/february/images/bad_day_36.gif

iruinedyourday
08-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Always think of this one :p

http://www.slightlywarped.com/crapfactory/curiosities/2014/february/images/bad_day_36.gif

that is definitely me trying to get a Gatorade at 12:30pm

Oleris
08-14-2014, 08:58 PM
it's nice to have a necro there as well. 60 ench + necro can do all of armorer/bartender/chef/froggy spot in seb. backup emergency mez, shadowbond/dispel can keep the pet healed for 5-8 mobs if chain pulling.

Biggest issue you will have is when charm breaks both mobs will rush you. Having another pet class there you can only have the charmed mob rush towards you.

iruinedyourday
08-14-2014, 09:02 PM
Biggest issue you will have is when charm breaks both mobs will rush you.

yea make sure you keep the mob you're fighting permarooted.