PDA

View Full Version : some clarifying questions...

falkeri
08-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Hi all, I haven't played EQ in a good 10 years, but I'm thinking I would like to play it a bit. Some important pieces of information:

1) I'm playing on a Mac.
2) I would ideally like to play both on the official servers (to login to my old characters), as well as the 1999 servers.

The question is which version of the EQ client do I need, and which versions of Wine do I need? So in the end the real questions are:

A) I've read that the p99 servers don't work with the free downloadable client, is this correct?
B) If I 'dig up' a copy of Titanium, this can be used on both the official servers and p99?
C) The version of Wine that is provided by p99, how is this different than if I just downloaded a fresh version of Wine? The p99 version is a bit older now, isn't it?
D) Oh, I'm also playing from France. I hope this isn't an issue?

Thanks in advance for any answers ; )
-Falkeri

Zaela
08-13-2014, 08:16 PM
A) Yes. A lot of graphics data files from the free-to-play download will work with any client, but the eqgame executable from it will not work with p99.
B) No. Connecting to the official servers would patch the client, which changes things up enough that it would no longer work for p99.

D) Shouldn't be.