PDA

View Full Version : getting spell file out of date error at char select screen...

Neyphlite
08-11-2014, 05:54 PM
I have done a complete reinstall of Titanium and re did all of the setup steps and I am still getting the "Spell File is out of date error" at the character select screen...someone help meh please!

Thulack
08-11-2014, 06:46 PM
have you checked to make sure your anti virus didnt flag the Dsetup.dll as a virus and removed it from your EQ folder. If so exclude the file in your anti virus and redownload the patch.

agentjayd007
08-11-2014, 07:07 PM
I had my anti virus ignore the file, but I am still getting a "your spell data is outdated" message at the character selection screen as well. I am confused as to why this is happening, I have done this many times before but for some reason it won't work this time around.

Neyphlite
08-11-2014, 07:24 PM
yay its working now!

Neyphlite
08-11-2014, 07:25 PM
I had my anti virus ignore the file, but I am still getting a "your spell data is outdated" message at the character selection screen as well. I am confused as to why this is happening, I have done this many times before but for some reason it won't work this time around.

You need to tell your anti virus to ignore the folder and then put the Dsetup.Dll from the P99 Files into your directory. If you do it before it will still delete the dll.

agentjayd007
08-11-2014, 07:32 PM
Now I can't even get to the character select screen. I am getting an error just trying to get to where I log in.

Gretell
08-11-2014, 08:30 PM
I am having the same issue with the errors while attempting to log in. Once I do finally get to the character select screen I am crashing back to the desktop. I was having 0 issues before update