PDA

View Full Version : Was beta patched?

Cyrano
08-11-2014, 01:13 AM
Server was down this morning. Curious if it got patched.

Oleris
08-11-2014, 04:48 PM
announcement tonight on sirken stream

http://i.imgur.com/llOaVTF.gif

bluejam
08-11-2014, 07:38 PM
says my files are outdated all of a sudden? link to patchy?!

Cyrano
08-11-2014, 07:44 PM
announcement tonight on sirken stream

http://i.imgur.com/llOaVTF.gif

Yeah I don't watch that. Post a synopsis please.

Vandy
08-11-2014, 07:44 PM
Server is being worked on at the moment, will be up and down until issues are corrected. Any needed patch files will be posted when the server comes up stable.

Dullah
08-12-2014, 06:28 AM
New patch file is up on sticky. This patch won't conflict with the normal p99 servers will it?

Orruar
08-12-2014, 09:46 AM
New patch file is up on sticky. This patch won't conflict with the normal p99 servers will it?

It seems it does. So you either need 2 separate EQ folders, or keep the old spells file around and rename them based on which server you want to log into.

Cyrano
08-12-2014, 10:47 AM
That's PITA

nilbog
08-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Due to the amount of changes from last patch, it is currently necessary to use a separate spells files for the latest beta release.

After testing, you can expect it to be pushed to the pve and pvp servers. The more testing done on beta, the faster the live servers will be patched. At that time, the spells should be normalized again.

bigshowtime
08-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Beta servers been down for a while, and nobody really testing end game content lately anyway. tMO killed most of ntov already, are we just waiting on plane of mischief now or is there still more to be done ?

Mac Drettj
08-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Ohnoes

Ele
08-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Beta servers been down for a while, and nobody really testing end game content lately anyway. tMO killed most of ntov already, are we just waiting on plane of mischief now or is there still more to be done ?

some zones still need pathing pending patch, which will need to be tested after patch

wycca
08-14-2014, 06:21 PM

We raid 2x a week on beta testing endgame content - we find new bugs every week. I believe IB also raids 1-2x a week. There are plenty of guilds testing other than TMO.

Alunova has been good about wanting data from multiple guilds on events, and there are a slate of changes going in with this patch that will require re-testing. After that they're cooking up a large change to a game mechanic that will require extensive testing. In short, we still appear to be a long ways out from a launch...they seem pretty committed to a well-tuned & bug-free Velious - a very good thing IMO.