PDA

View Full Version : How does one get a good looking windowed mode?

runclimbrepeat
08-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Hey guys, new kid on the block here. Just getting back into this gig...

Anyhow I did a titanium install according to 1999's instructions, then also downloaded WinEQ to avoid any issues with modern CPUs as well as because most people seemed to recommend it...

I'm not having any log in difficulties at the moment, or issues zoning, but the windowed mode is just clunky?

I initially logged in through the patchme .exe and right from the start was windowed. Changing resolution in the EQ options itself did not seem to change anything, so I put back on 800x600. I installed winEQ and open the game through that, looks exactly the same.

I'm on 1920x1080 native resolution lcd monitor, I attached a picture of what I'm seeing..

I'm not sure if this is how everyone plays it now a days?

If anyone has any ideas or examples of their cool set up... could I get a peak or some pointers?

Thanks!
rcr

myriverse
08-10-2014, 12:29 PM
In your P99 folder, there is a file called eqclient.ini . Edit the file thusly, using numbers appropriate for your screen (it's kind of trial and error, based on your screen):

[Defaults] <-- section header
WindowedModeXOffset=5
WindowedModeYOffset=6
WindowedMode=TRUE

[VideoMode] <-- section header
WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=700

Basically, bring the numbers as close as you can to your screen size, allowing for the Start Bar.

runclimbrepeat
08-12-2014, 08:07 AM
Hey myriverse! thanks for trying to help me out...

So I tried some different #s, however, no matter what I put in windowed width/height... the screen looks exactly the same when I load it. like 1280 700 is the same as 800 600... I didnt fiddle with the xy offset because the values you gave me were considerably different and also didnt seem to change when I changed the width height?

Trying the fullscreen buttons in win EQ doesnt do anything either...Any ideas?

runclimbrepeat
08-12-2014, 08:12 AM
Ahh i managed to find the in game options.... The EQ box hidden in the bottom left. If i changed the display i got this... still has the bars on top... maybe a little better?

a_gnoll_pup
08-12-2014, 09:38 AM
Try a program called WinEQ2, it's approved by the staff and allows for you to have a pseudo fullscreen mode like most modern MMOs.

runclimbrepeat
08-12-2014, 01:59 PM
I am using wineq2, but the window didn't seem to change whether I ran from the generic patchme file or opened the game through wineq2.

The pictures from wineq2 showed a crisp borderless, tiled windowed version of the game which looked appealing to me...

Loyrl
08-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Is there a UI scale? I am in windowed mode for 2560x1440, so I changed the file above for the screen to fit the monitor with the top bar, and windows 8 toolbar.

runclimbrepeat
08-14-2014, 03:33 PM
Hmmm... I haven't seen any. I mean, now that I have a few hours under my belt playing it doesn't seem so bad...and I can readily adjust to a near full screen experience so I suppose I shouldn't complain. I appreciate all the help though guys.