PDA

View Full Version : A little overwhelmed (crazy excited)

Farkle
12-21-2009, 05:13 PM
So i got EQ installed, i made all the changes, and i logged in, created a character dark elf Mage named Farkle. Exactly like the one i had in live in 1999- 03.

Logged in, but I was so overwhelmed! I miss old eQ, but i hve been soo spoiled by quest explaimation point and what not i didnt know what to do!!!

lol

So the first thing i did do was rearrange my UI. then i looked and looked for my inventory button, that took a while. i found it and memmed my first spells.

There are a few things that i couldnt remember though.

the two hotbars, how do you set items in these???

the action buttons, i.e. /sit /stand /pet attack etc. i remember some of these, like /book to open the spellbook, but how do you make an inventory key? i tried /i which is of course invite, and /inventory which doesnt do anything.

Also i cant remember this for the life of me. Were there descriptions in the old EQ that i need to turn back on for NPC's? I was in neriak searching for the spell vendors just to make sure i would be able to find them later on and when i did find the area where they are there were no descriptions, again sorry, but i just dont remember if this was available or not.

There was just a huge flood of memories that came rushing back and i realized just how much i didnt remember lol.

Also, Nek forrest is the first place you should start hunting right? i so dont remember leveling up my Dark elf, i think it was because he was twinked by a friend and i ended up in FP fighting instead of Nek. I did the same thing with my Gnome.

I also saw something in OOC, that almost made me cry out for joy. a lvl 8 was LFG. i didnt remember how early the need for grouping was in this game.

then i logged out and deleted my mage. i think i will make a cleric :) but a gnome cleric.

Reiker
12-21-2009, 05:40 PM
a) Drag item to hotbar
b) Press the 'i' keyboard button
c) No idea what you're talking about but probably not

Takshaka
12-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Glad to see that you decided to make a Cleric!

You shouldn't need to set up hotkeys for stuff like inventory and spellbook. pressing 'i' on your keyboard should bring up the inventory and 'b' should bring up the spellbook. I am pretty sure that you can change the keymappings for a lot of stuff in the eq options.

There is a plethora of classic EQ information in this thread (http://project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1348)

I also have a little bit of zone info that I compiled using the way back machine (www.archive.org) a while ago (kinda got sick of doing it though so I havent added any more zones in a while) in my signature.

Happy hunting

Brund the Decrepit
12-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth......
..in through the nose.... out through the mouth....

:D

Welcome aboard! I saw your first messages last night and I know exactly how you feel. It has been about a week for me since I started playing on this server and I get giddy every time I log on..

Reiker
12-21-2009, 05:45 PM
'b' should bring up the spellbook.
ctrl+b

Farkle
12-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks everyone, i should be logging in tonight after i make my new character. cant wait to get started.

nilbog
12-21-2009, 07:48 PM
The inventory button you remember was the 'Persona' button. I miss it dearly. It disappeared with the older clients.

Hope you have a good time :p

Instead of scrolling through the newer menus and editing buttons to make hotkeys, you can still use the old method. It will put the hotbutton on your cursor, and you can drop it where you'd like.

Example. Pet Attack would be /ho nameofbutton /command

/ho attack /pet attack
/ho backoff /pet back off

etc.

Cubehacker
12-21-2009, 08:02 PM
There are no "descriptions" floating above NPC's heads, there never was in EQ. You either had to right click on them to see what they sold, or hail them to see what they say. And IMO, thats the way it should be.

Brund the Decrepit
12-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Can anyone remind me how to make macro type hotkeys?
For instance if I was pulling and I wanted a hotkey that would '/say INCOMING! %target% - Prepare for battle!' or some such. I completely forget how this is done.

Thanks!

Allizia
12-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Can anyone remind me how to make macro type hotkeys?
For instance if I was pulling and I wanted a hotkey that would '/say INCOMING! %target% - Prepare for battle!' or some such. I completely forget how this is done.

Thanks!

Do this:

Ctrl-o

Right click on one of the small buttons

Rename it to whatever you want, change the font color etc.

Type in your command line (/say INCOMING! %t - Prepare for battle!)

Click accept

Left click and hold the button to drag it to a hotbar

Some other good macros to remind you of some of the commands:

------
/assist name
------
/assist name
/pet back off
/pet attack
------
/shout Complete heal on %t inc. Othercleric Next!
/doability 3 (your 3rd hotkey)
/pause 30
/shout Othercleric go!
-----
/corpse

Brund the Decrepit
12-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Woo Thanks!!

darkkor
12-25-2009, 11:57 PM
There are no "descriptions" floating above NPC's heads, there never was in EQ. You either had to right click on them to see what they sold, or hail them to see what they say. And IMO, thats the way it should be.

There were eventually descriptions above merchant heads saying what type of NPC they were, not sure what expansion this happened in though.

I like both ways, but the way it is in classic is just the way it should be for EQ.