PDA

View Full Version : Computer crashing due to Reg Error as of last night

Schwing
08-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Hi! As of late last night, my computer has been crashing every 45 minutes into a session of EQ. It has not crashed when the game isn't running. I have Windows 8. When the error happens, my sound starts buzzing a little, then a light blue screen appears and Windows tells me there's been a registry error. It loads briefly from 0-100%, then restarts. I can't remember if the loading is it trying to locate a fix for the error or if it's sending an error report. If that's important, I can recreate the error and be more specific.

I've not installed anything new, but I did recently come back to the game. It's been running fine for about two weeks until now.

Would appreciate any help I can get. I backed up some files in anticipation of a reformat, but I figured I'd ask here before attempting to go down that route.. My computer came loaded with Windows 8 and I don't have a disc.

Thanks so much!

Thulack
08-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Here is what you do. When the blue screen appears write down what the error is. Then boot your PC back up and google that error and how to fix it. That should help you.

Schwing
08-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Thank you.. I sort of did that already but couldn't find anything about the error. Regardless, it hasn't happened again. The weird thing is I used CCleaner and ran a bunch of other cleaner programs and it was still happening until it just didn't anymore