PDA

View Full Version : BF4 Free...

Cookiefist
08-08-2014, 03:06 PM
for a week with pretty large discount when you buy.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/play-battlefield-4-pc-free-for-a-week/1100-6421575/

Going to download and try it...bad company 2 is getting to stale for me.

Swish
08-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Micro transactions/cash shop makes it pretty shitty. Can't spell "steal" without EA etc.

Not investing in DLC? Then you're almost playing a demo I thought. They do everything possible to make sure you're last in the queue for a server and things like that unless you buy the season pass or whatever it is.

I loved BF3 til all the DLC and purchasable gun variations came around.... oh yeah and the terrible/average xpacs (except for Armored Kill).

tl;dr - I hate DLC, EA loves it.

iruinedyourday
08-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Micro transactions/cash shop makes it pretty shitty. Can't spell "steal" without EA etc.

Not investing in DLC? Then you're almost playing a demo I thought. They do everything possible to make sure you're last in the queue for a server and things like that unless you buy the season pass or whatever it is.

I loved BF3 til all the DLC and purchasable gun variations came around.... oh yeah and the terrible/average xpacs (except for Armored Kill).

tl;dr - I hate DLC, EA loves it.

I'm such a dork cus all I like is classic eq and Battlefield 1942... wtf is wrong with me why cant I like new games! :(

Swish
08-08-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm such a dork cus all I like is classic eq and Battlefield 1942... wtf is wrong with me why cant I like new games! :(

League of Legends is probably the newest game I'm really into (mostly because the cash shop side of it doesn't affect gameplay).

Other than that, yeah I agree.. its hard to get into the new stuff.

BF4 had bad reviews (servers that didn't work, and a bad player experience it seemed online to begin with), and Ghosts is just a writeoff. Incidentally it's a double XP weekend on Ghosts/Black Ops 2 this weekend if anyone cares.

Cookiefist
08-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Micro transactions do suck but i never fall pray to them.

$26.39 for the game is pretty good if I end up liking it for the week i can play for freeeee!