PDA

View Full Version : Grouping Best Dungeon/XP/loot flow

knottyb0y
08-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Hey I am looking for some suggestions for dungeon route. Myself, my girlfriend and 2 room mates and I have a solid group base (paladin, magician, cleric, bard with the paladin and cleric both new to eq and MMORPGs in general**LUCKY THEM RIGHT?!**) So I want to show them the best parts of eq, grouping, dungeon delving, getting look, selling trading etc. I'm trying to make a solid plan of places we should XP together, I'd like to mostly keep to dungeons (best loot/xp) but I'm open to any suggestions. Sop far I have this kinda drawn up.

(we are all around level 8 right now)
8-15 Crushbone (try to get to the point we can kill throne room)
15-25 Unrest/Befallen/maybe upper guk(what level range is Upper guk) (befallen may be less crowded than unrest but unrest probably better xp)
25-30 Sol A? any other good places?
30+ lower guk maybe solb? not sure any where else

As I said suggestions would be nice, loot upgrades welcome but we aren't stupid we'll camp any gear we can but probably trade for or buy other gear as well.

azeth
08-30-2010, 10:50 AM
in my humble opinion since the 4 of you clearly wish to level together i suggest you find dungeons with a broader level range to avoid travelling much and maximizing play time.

from 12-20 Befallen can be your absolute bitch

20-34 Unrest will also turn belly up and allow you to devour it.

34-50 SolB is the balls.

Kizzik
08-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Crushbone is good up till about 13-15 or so and will get you reacquainted with constant train death. Unrest is going to depend on the time of day you're planning on being there, there's a lot of PLing going on (or at least was when I was leveling) and finding pulls can be tricky.

Upper Guk I'd say varies from roughly 19-25 depending on your class but can get pretty full during peak hours.

One place that a lot of people miss is Runnyeye. There's some nasty mob that roams around slaughtering everyone, but in my hours farming uber awesome BI armor, I never ran into him. BI medallion, Grotesque mask drop from the named on the bottom floor. I'm planning on spending a lot of time there on my alts.

Aetherial
08-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Places I spent a lot of time my first go round on the original EQ...

Runnyeye is awesome. You can start there in your late teens and go right up to about mid 20's. The gobbies on lower levels drop blackened iron, plats and other stuff. BI Medalions probably sell OK still.

SolA can be started a little earlier than 25 if you have a group. You can hunt near the lava zone line, or one of the sol B zone lines.

Cazic Thule, I do not know what level it is at, If it is original then early 20's up to early/mid 30's...

Picklaws in Highkeep can be fantastic experience in a group. The Mobs go from low 20's up to about 34. The exp is fantastic high 20's early 30's.

Kevris
08-30-2010, 11:06 AM
You can do Mistmoore from like 20-45.

You'll also get + Ring of Scale faction so you don't get randomly stomped by Gore when running through Dreadlands, or later, Esorpa on your way to Halls of Testing for your leet Skyshrine armor.

I'd like to salute whoever decided to put that ONE Ring of Scale dragon out there in Western Wastes. You sir, are one magnificient bastard.

Rasterburn
08-30-2010, 11:07 AM
No idea how it works on this server (I'm new here), but back in the day we spent a lot of time in our high levels grinding on sharks, seahorses and mermaids in Kedge. Just make sure you bring a necro... not because that's my favorite class, but because if anything ever goes wrong in Kedge you're gonna WANT a necro to save everyone's asses (EB buffs, corpse summons).