PDA

View Full Version : EQ classic, actually Classic?

drelk001
08-04-2014, 06:33 AM
I know there is coding issues and stuff. I am also sure that I am about to make a fool of myself because I feel like if I read a few pore threads I would have all my questions anwered. Why cant we make P99 playable with the trilogy client? I am sure all the players would love it. besides the EQclassic team is doing something like that. or at least why cant we move away from EQemu like Shards of Dalaya did, run a server based on an older client where we can a truly classic experience and stuff. I try to log in doing the shortcut and patchme method, move the EQhost.txt over to the trilogy directory and it crashes on login. I guess I am just jonesin' for an actual classic Experience, with the old stone UI and the reflection of your character when you open your inventory and all that jazz. if anyone knows how to make it where I can dick around with the trilogy disc, log into the game (no, not the tutorial, I want free reign) and stuff. please PM me or something. anywho... why cant we have a server based on the trilogy disc?

drelk001
08-04-2014, 06:41 AM
http://images.mmorpg.com/images/galleries/full/352010/938c025c-762e-438c-8a00-7f97917ab5ae.jpg

this is what I mean by Old Stone UI (I sometimes have to explain it to people)

http://homepage.isomedia.com/~jac/Images/mage.jpg

the reflection of your character when your inventory is open

Tecmos Deception
08-04-2014, 07:50 AM
52 magician wearing azure sleeves.

Classic.

Danyelle
08-04-2014, 08:45 AM
if anyone knows how to make it where I can dick around with the trilogy disc, log into the game (no, not the tutorial, I want free reign) and stuff. please PM me or something. anywho... why cant we have a server based on the trilogy disc?

No one is gonna be able to help you get that working on EQEmu because you can't. No Clients outside of Titanium (box set build), Secrets of Faydwer (Box set build), Seeds of Destruction (specific Steam build), Underfoot (specific steam build), Veil of Alaris (specific steam build), and Rain of Fear (specific steam build), are compatible with EQEmu. Attempting to connect to the Emulator with a client that is different from the above (even if it's the same expac but one patch off) will not work. Furthermore attempting to connect to P99 from any of the clients outside of Titanium will not work either, as they cut support for newer clients to keep out as many modern features as humanly possible.

In order to GET one to work, this has to be done...for each client (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36104).

It would essentially be a ton of work to get a client usable on EQEmu that would most likely be used only on P99.

drelk001
08-04-2014, 02:06 PM
No one is gonna be able to help you get that working on EQEmu because you can't. No Clients outside of Titanium (box set build), Secrets of Faydwer (Box set build), Seeds of Destruction (specific Steam build), Underfoot (specific steam build), Veil of Alaris (specific steam build), and Rain of Fear (specific steam build), are compatible with EQEmu. Attempting to connect to the Emulator with a client that is different from the above (even if it's the same expac but one patch off) will not work. Furthermore attempting to connect to P99 from any of the clients outside of Titanium will not work either, as they cut support for newer clients to keep out as many modern features as humanly possible.

In order to GET one to work, this has to be done...for each client (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36104).

It would essentially be a ton of work to get a client usable on EQEmu that would most likely be used only on P99.

I doubt it, theres a server called "a classical server" it would most likely use the trilogy client. I think there is a server on the EQemu made to be played on the trilogy but for some reason its not usable on the EQemu servers :P all you have to do is make it compatible and whether it is a lot of work or not you I can almost guarantee population will go up.

drelk001
08-04-2014, 02:08 PM
52 magician wearing azure sleeves.

Classic.
I also love how he only has 13 to 15 PP, IIRC during beta stage you would have a party at level 20 because you got your first plat.

drelk001
08-04-2014, 02:11 PM
I doubt it, theres a server called "a classical server" it would most likely use the trilogy client. I think there is a server on the EQemu made to be played on the trilogy but for some reason its not usable on the EQemu servers :P all you have to do is make it compatible and whether it is a lot of work or not you I can almost guarantee population will go up.

I know its never going to work... whine.... I miss classic EQ :'(

Haynar
08-04-2014, 03:00 PM
The whole network communication protocol is different for trilogy. Would be very complicated.

Impossible? Nothing is impossible given the resources and time.

Possible on p99? No.

H

drelk001
08-04-2014, 03:07 PM
The whole network communication protocol is different for trilogy. Would be very complicated.

Impossible? Nothing is impossible given the resources and time.

Possible on p99? No.

H

does anyone know how to log into the game? even if it is offline and I am the only one in the game?

Lopretni
08-04-2014, 05:16 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117424

Someone made the stone UI work for P99 and the Titanium client. It's like 95% functional.

drelk001
08-04-2014, 06:11 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117424

Someone made the stone UI work for P99 and the Titanium client. It's like 95% functional.
I am aware of that UI, I mean things like the classic sky and the human night vision, no links, being tied down to one hotbar with 6 hotkeys. things like that... the struggle man.... the struggle

Lopretni
08-04-2014, 06:34 PM
I am aware of that UI, I mean things like the classic sky and the human night vision, no links, being tied down to one hotbar with 6 hotkeys. things like that... the struggle man.... the struggle

Oh yeah you changed your avatar from TMIMITW, didn't recognize you.

drelk001
08-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Oh yeah you changed your avatar from TMIMITW, didn't recognize you.

lolz, dont alway fizzle, but when I do. it take my whole mana bar

Zaela
08-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Cost > benefit

Half that stuff could probably be done by other means, at least, eventually, maybe. Item links in particular are easy -- when you click a link, you send a request to the server. If the server was made to not reply, links would do nothing. Cheaper than stripping them out textually, too. For example!

drelk001
08-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Cost > benefit

Half that stuff could probably be done by other means, at least, eventually, maybe. Item links in particular are easy -- when you click a link, you send a request to the server. If the server was made to not reply, links would do nothing. Cheaper than stripping them out textually, too. For example!
I see what you are saying, but what about the Classic sky and junk?

drelk001
08-04-2014, 11:21 PM
and the mirror when you loot stuff?