PDA

View Full Version : Guardians of the Galaxy...

phacemeltar
08-01-2014, 09:16 PM
is it worth it to see?

im already peeved that they have fiddled with the Avengers storyline, but now Thanos is involved and i am worried they will destroy the Infinity Gauntlet saga. its so cool when Thanos decapitates Captain America. hands down, my favorite panel of all comic books next to when Deadpool killed Wolverine

also i just read online that whoever is producing the Avengers doesnt have the rights to the word "mutant" so im wondering if theres even any future in this series. anyone seen it yet?

DeruIsLove
08-02-2014, 02:23 AM
is it worth it to see?
The movie, while slow with a bit of a childish feel to start, exceeded my expectations overall.
im already peeved that they have fiddled with the Avengers storyline, but now Thanos is involved and i am worried they will destroy the Infinity Gauntlet saga.
No, it's infinity stones/gems. They will certainly twist the story around a bit to fit the established continuity but to try to force it to be "more like the comic book" would be a terrible decision. These are movies based on the avengers stories and nobody promised that they were going to be lazy and copy the comics word for word so anyone expecting them to do so is basing that expectation on nothing.
also i just read online that whoever is producing the Avengers doesnt have the rights to the word "mutant" so im wondering if theres even any future in this series. anyone seen it yet?

Spider Man either. Avengers took place in New York and Peter Parker was on vacation or something. You just kind of deal with it.

phacemeltar
08-02-2014, 08:57 AM
i dont really expect them to use the comic book as the actual script, but there are some creative liberties they have made in the Avengers that i do not think retained character detail or storyline from the original.
of course this is to be expected anytime a good story goes to hollywood, i just hoped that since everyone involved with these movies claims to be a fan, that they would have a little more respect for the basic principles of the stories in order to not alter them.
the infinity gauntlet is epic, and if the movie fails to produce this, its just gona be another full shelf at blockbuster(old-age metaphor).

myriverse
08-02-2014, 09:01 AM
is it worth it to see?

im already peeved that they have fiddled with the Avengers storyline, but now Thanos is involved and i am worried they will destroy the Infinity Gauntlet saga. its so cool when Thanos decapitates Captain America. hands down, my favorite panel of all comic books next to when Deadpool killed Wolverine

Not sure what "mutant" would have to do with anything. Any Avengers we ever see just won't ever be mutants. They're being allowed to twist Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver into something else, since they're a grey area between Avengers and X-Men properties. Avengers movies have been doing fine without mutants, so far. Guardians of the Galaxy have no mutants, so it's cool.

phacemeltar
08-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Not sure what "mutant" would have to do with anything.

the infinity gauntlet is supposed to involve many members of xmen and other x-related groups, and spider-man plays a pivotal role.

im worried they are going to either rebrand all these characters (once again) or just awkwardly avoid dialogue that involves such copywritten words.

your gosh darned capitalism is ruining my childhood fantasies.

myriverse
08-02-2014, 09:22 AM
the infinity gauntlet is supposed to involve many members of xmen and other x-related groups, and spider-man plays a pivotal role.

im worried they are going to either rebrand all these characters (once again) or just awkwardly avoid dialogue that involves such copywritten words.

your gosh darned capitalism is ruining my childhood fantasies.
Spider-Man's role in the Infinity Gauntlet story was hardly pivotal, and none of the other heroes was especially necessary. Spidey did nothing the whole story beside run his mouth unnecessarily.

Marvel won't rebrand any characters. A big screen adaptation will simply be what's necessary: Thanos vs a bunch of heroes (all Avengers and Guardians). What may suck is that there's no Warlock (yet).

DeruIsLove
08-02-2014, 01:53 PM
I hate Spiderman anyway so him not being in Avengers is a plus for me.

blondeattk
08-06-2014, 03:30 AM
was karen gillian good as a baddy?

(she should be tiger the cat....but anyway)

she always comes out twiththe most random stuff (during interviews)when she opens her gob.....guess thats celts for ya....

Rust1d?
08-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Is this in 3D? I ask because I usually wait for the Blu-ray and wanted to pick it up when it comes out. I never go to the movies...always taking a chance some kneegers and their sprogs will ruin it with TNB.

Swish
08-08-2014, 11:03 AM
Is this in 3D? I ask because I usually wait for the Blu-ray and wanted to pick it up when it comes out. I never go to the movies...always taking a chance some kneegers and their sprogs will ruin it with TNB.

Sit behind them and kick the seat in front of you occasionally/"accidentally"

radditsu
08-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Spider-Man's role in the Infinity Gauntlet story was hardly pivotal, and none of the other heroes was especially necessary. Spidey did nothing the whole story beside run his mouth unnecessarily.

Marvel won't rebrand any characters. A big screen adaptation will simply be what's necessary: Thanos vs a bunch of heroes (all Avengers and Guardians). What may suck is that there's no Warlock (yet).

Cyclops gets murdered with his head in a block. We need the x men.

Honestly as long as captain America stands up to Thanos with a big goddamn speech it will be ok.

And chris pratt could stand in for warlock. Steal the gauntlet and just bro around the universe at the end. Not like warlock mattered when he had the thing.

radditsu
08-08-2014, 01:43 PM
http://www.superherostuff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/infinity-gauntlet-cyclops-dies.jpg

I swear cyclops only became interesting once he became a ptsd warped paramilitary leader with shades of Che'

loramin
08-08-2014, 02:03 PM
is it worth it to see?

If you expect movies to perfectly match comic books you will be disappointed every time. For instance, some people will never enjoy the Avengers because of black Nick Fury; if you're one of those people I'm sure you'll be bothered by the differences in Guardians (eg. the lineage of the main character isn't the same as in the comic books) .

That being said, if you enjoyed Avengers and the recent Marvel movies in general, then you'll love Guardians. It's a ton of fun, almost as much as Avengers was, and it's got a ton more humor. Don't waste your money on 3D though; it didn't add anything to the movie that I could tell.

Swish
08-08-2014, 03:47 PM
getting whispers that Marvel has "passed their peak", any troof?

KagatobLuvsAnimu
08-09-2014, 01:38 AM
http://i.imgur.com/dlg4SiB.jpg