PDA

View Full Version : Dozekar the Cursed

Orruar
08-01-2014, 12:40 AM
He was gating, repeatedly, when very close to spawn point (like within ~60 range of spawn).

wycca
08-01-2014, 12:53 AM
Also, isn't he a warrior mob, so should he be gating at all?

He also gated and regenned to 40% if I recall (please correct me Orr), not sure he should be at 40% after a gate.

wycca
08-05-2014, 02:18 AM
As an extra tidbit, he was sub 9% both times he gated.

lurk
08-05-2014, 01:11 PM
I don't remember Doze being a caster or trying to gate. Admittedly I never fought him before he was revamped. Gate would take NPCs to 33% regardless of what HP they are at when they gate.

wycca
08-16-2014, 11:17 PM
This guy's changes made him easier (a bad thing imo). He felt just fine before, so not sure what prompted the change. He had his MR increased and his hp cut - I'd rather he be reverted, he was a great fight before, now he's sorta underwhelming. Might be capable of being insta-engaged with a fair sized raid now along with whatever trash you get, not a good thing IMO.

On the bright side he didn't try to gate.

In short, anytime you cut these mobs hp you make the fights exponentially easier because it reduces rng and necessary safety factors. It also reduces the penalty for sloppy play. Mana is also a huge issue in longer fights, so there is little room for fuck-ups, dps dying, and for trash. Alot of that difficulty was removed with Doz and Vindi's hp & other changes.

Man0warr
08-16-2014, 11:38 PM
If the change is to bring it in line with their launch hp, I don't see the issue.

Dozekar was not that hard of a fight in Velious, and Vindi was 2 groupable.

wycca
08-17-2014, 02:53 AM
If the change is to bring it in line with their launch hp, I don't see the issue.

Regardless of the reason, I'm not a fan of kunark 2.0 - neckbeard, derp derp faceroll. That's what we're sorta near at this point.

Orruar
08-17-2014, 09:28 AM

Vindi was not 2 groupable in Velious. Where do you get your info?

Alunova
08-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Vindi was a high damage but relatively quick fight and doz was not changed at all this patch, so I'm confused. Will look into it more when I'm home from my work trip.

Would like to get feedback from other guilds

bluejam
08-18-2014, 07:29 AM
curious about drop rates.

http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2001-08-03

Perhaps instead of bringing down Kael, Verant should have re-patched Everquest and removed all classes but Warriors/Clerics/Rogues/Wizards and while they are at it they can remove CoV faction from the game. Not that anyone had much reason to be on CoV faction in the first place (thanks Dozekar NERF, 2 tears per kill), but this is like the last "fuck you" that CoV guilds are going to stand for. With ALL the things wrong with this game -- BROKEN quests, BUGGED pathing, WARPING mobs, endless UI GLITCHES -- Verant takes the time to bring down a zone because 80 people out of 300,000+ killed ONE mob? Not only that but their solution is to fuck over enchanters, druids, anyone on CoV faction? Of course no one is surprised. We've seen countless nerfs. But this honetsly has to be one of the most RETARDED, knee-jerk reactions I've ever witnessed.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6448&p=2#m100547499666081
Drops: Tears required for ToV quests.
Usually 3 or 4 tears will drop off each kill.

looking through patch notes atm.

Orruar
08-18-2014, 08:47 AM
Pretty sure Doze's hp was much lower. Either that or our dps mysteriously tripled in the last couple weeks.

Treats
08-18-2014, 07:44 PM
Did you equip a lot of melee with Primals?

Orruar
08-20-2014, 06:47 PM
Did you equip a lot of melee with Primals?

Not many. I could believe maybe a 50% increase in dps due to more people, but he dropped so crazy fast I don't think that could account for it all.

Byrjun
08-22-2014, 09:53 AM
curious about drop rates.

looking through patch notes atm.

Dozekar was changed several times throughout Velious, if you have time to read through Legacy of Steel updates that's the best source of information since they were dragon factioned and Dozekar was their main "end game" mob until they decided to say fuck it and raid ntov.

Daldaen
08-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Dozekar was changed several times throughout Velious, if you have time to read through Legacy of Steel updates that's the best source of information since they were dragon factioned and Dozekar was their main "end game" mob until they decided to say fuck it and raid ntov.

There are screenshots in their archives of 7 tears and 1 tear dropping.

http://www.legacyofsteel.net/home/archives/2001-06-04/7tears.jpg

God we need that UI. So classic. So good.

nilbog
08-22-2014, 10:54 AM
There is a chance for up to 7 tears to drop, and SUPER RARELY 1. The average should be 3-5 according to the %s.

Daldaen
08-22-2014, 11:06 AM
Sounds legit! And classic.

bluejam
08-28-2014, 11:06 AM

yea, I read it all and wanted to post about the drop rates, but guess that's not necessary anymore from the replies above. :)

Orruar
09-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Doze is gating again.

Destron
09-11-2014, 11:27 PM
Dozekars model is incorrect as well. Should look like Sontalak.

Tankdan
09-12-2014, 05:07 AM
Dozekars model is incorrect as well. Should look like Sontalak.

You're not classic enough

http://www.legacyofsteel.net/home/gallery/2001/02/images/dozekar.jpg
http://www.legacyofsteel.net/home/gallery/2001/02/images/dozekarattacks.jpg

Ele
09-12-2014, 10:20 PM
You're not classic enough

nicemace
10-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Doze is gating again.

i used to trio doze back in luclin and im /fairly/ certain he occasionally gated (not always). i remember this because when it happened i shat my pants and all hell broke loose as i ran my bots to go heal my tank.

this is in no way evidence, just a passing memory. i could be way off.

//edit

now that i think about it more. i distinctly remember because of the above situation happening i changed my pull spot from the entrance to the 'wing' to actually fighting him inside his room (and kept my healers outside his room to dodge aoe) ... so i think now the only reason i ever would have done that was to prevent gate, as i had no trouble bringing him to the entrance of the wing.

Daldaen
10-10-2014, 07:49 AM
Boxed Dozekar several times on Al'Kabor.

A few times in his room in the right corner and a few times before the dropoff in the right Firepot. Never did he gate on me.

Don't believe he should even be a caster, let alone gate.

He just has his AE, Tank Debuff and maybe Call of the Zero (which I was fairly sure was an addition later on to specific mobs to prevent certain exploits... IE not classic, more on this to come).

Method
10-10-2014, 11:29 AM
Doze should not be gating, he should have a extremely high regen rate tho and cast Thunderblast. Some info from 2001 on Doze

Dozeker Tactics Reply... By: Sounson,
2 posts
Posted @ Wed, Oct 10th 2:53 AM 2001 Score: Good[3.50]
We have fought this guy on Fennin Ro, and here are a few tips that I can offer that may help you others in killing this mean SoB....

1) Keep him slowed and fully dotted at ALL times or you lose.

2) You better bring 10 rogues or have Dragonbane wizards because if you don't take him out fast his AE will take your entire force out slowly (happened too us, working on DB wizards now)

3)It is a good idea to make someone sacrifice themselves so that you can slow him before you attack. Send in a Ranger with parry disc or something with risposte disc to tank for around 5-8 seconds while you QUICKLY land a debuff and slow.

4) Post clerics outside his room, they can heal through walls and they got enough healing to do without healing themselves.

5) Make sure everyone has right-click items, his AE strips 1 or 2 buffs (i forget).

6) Have fun! He's actually much smaller looking in person. I suggest have DB wizards or a @#%^ load of rogues, oh and a lotta patch healers with a bard in every group, same old 'big boss' raid tactics, blah blah...

GL in killing this guy! We got very close but we needed more damage output. Cyas!

Posted @ Sun, Aug 19th 1:18 AM 2001 Score: Excellent[5.00]
Dozekar hits for Quad 900's
Has an unresistable 400 pt AE
Has a mana dot..Thunderblast
Hits with a delay around 24
Slowable Yes
HP 300k