PDA

View Full Version : Minimize to Desktop

AlBQuirky
07-31-2014, 11:39 PM
I hope this is only happening to me, but maybe others experience this too?

There are places on my screen (playing fullscreen @ 1842x1036 - Weird home monitor) where if I click, I am thrown to my desktop, with EQ minimizing. This actually makes the game unplayable, as I may be running when this happens, in the middle of combat (should I click my mouse), or looting corpses. When I get back into EQ, the game is windowed, making me press <ALT+Tab> twice to get it back to fullscreen. My character also goes into auto-run mode, so that as I am minimized, I am running God knows where.

As I was setting up my UI, I moved the EQ button to the very lower right hand of the screen. This button most assuredly causes this problem. For the half hour or so I was able to click it and get into the key-mapping and video screens. After that, making a few adjustments, I could not even get into the options.

The other trouble I am having, and do not know if it is a known bug, is that my Bard songs do not show up in my Song Window.

I do thank you for all your efforts to recreate EQ as it was :)

Thulack
08-01-2014, 12:01 AM
you need to go into your Eqclient ini file and find the video resolution and set it to your desktop resolution. then when you log in try and make sure your eq icon is in middle of screen area so you can click it and goto display and make sure resolution is the same. if they all match then you should be fine at that point.

AlBQuirky
08-01-2014, 03:13 AM
Thank you! I had not even thought of looking in the .ini file. My resolution there was at 1280x720, so EQ was most assuredly having troubles :)