PDA

View Full Version : Screen "pop" when running and mousing

Abner
07-31-2014, 10:13 PM
I keep getting this screen Pop when I am running and steering using the mouse. Only when steering with the mouse does this happen. I am running and turning then POP I am facing another direction having turned too far. Any thoughts?

phacemeltar
08-01-2014, 05:05 AM
yea this happens to me too, its crappy

mtb tripper
08-01-2014, 05:29 AM
happens to me all the time, I just got to where I ignored it, would be nice if there were a fix though

Kekephee
08-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Yep

Really not great for bard kiting

Clark
08-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Yep

Ya sounds shitty.

Kekephee
08-02-2014, 02:24 AM
"I'm running, I'm running, I'm running, I'm OH GOD THEY'RE HERE VEER LEFT VEER LEFT oh god damn it"

Portasaurus
08-04-2014, 11:38 AM
There should be no reason a game this old would cause this many input lag issues for this many different people. Something else is happening here and I think we're gonna need a lot more tin foil.

Seriously, though, you may want to try actually putting a bunch of tin foil between your wifi router and mouse if you are using a wireless mouse and experiencing input lag while playing this game. Other things to try: plugging into your router with an ethernet cable, disabling your wireless antenna/card, trying a wired mouse.

I'm not sure why it seems to happen, but my wireless mouse range is GREATLY IMPACTED while playing p99 and a few select other games that utilize 3d graphics. If I start to experience the lag issue, if I put my mouse RIGHT NEXT to the dongle, the lag seems to be mostly alleviated.

I am starting to think it could be a USB/hub power issue or some sort of software-based conflict with the USB ports.

I have noticed that in Resource Monitor, my Maximum CPU frequency line (the blue line) goes up above 100% pretty consistently when I have the mouse lag issues. Someone in another thread said CPU throttling could be to blame, but my CPU temps aren't getting hot anymore since I put in a cooling tray underneath the laptop.

Abner
08-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Alla my stuff is wired. Well I do have wifi set up for the tablets we carry about but our meeces and NICs on our gaming PC's are all wired. Our mice are USB though. Not sure if you are on to something there or not. /shrug

I changed the batch file to limit to one core when running eqgame.exe but that has had no effect on this issue. Not that it was supposed to I just thought I'd give it a try what the heck n stuff.

zanderklocke
08-04-2014, 01:23 PM
If someone finds a fix to this, let me know. WinEQ2 maybe helps with this?

Danyelle
08-04-2014, 01:42 PM
This issue is generally a result of lag if it's what i think it is. It's most noticeable when turning and facing in a direction that has a large number of players, mobs, spell effects, or anything generally more taxing than the surrounding area. It "skips" this area because it continues to move despite the brief lag making you essentially turn at sonic speed. Even if the lag is so small that you don't notice the lag itself this can occur.

Again, this is just if it's what i think you're talking about.

Portasaurus
08-04-2014, 01:43 PM
This issue is generally a result of lag if it's what i think it is. It's most noticeable when turning and facing in a direction that has a large number of players, mobs, spell effects, or anything generally more taxing than the surrounding area. It "skips" this area because it continues to move despite the brief lag making you essentially turn at sonic speed. Even if the lag is so small that you don't notice the lag itself this can occur.

I think a lot of people are experiencing it as you describe, but for me, I even get choppy mouse movement when I am standing still and simply clicking on items in my inventory.

Brynnag
08-04-2014, 02:20 PM
This mouse warping has caused me many deaths kiting on my bard. :(

Abner
08-04-2014, 03:03 PM

Yeah but if that were it, it wouldn't be only when using the mouse. I can go 100MPH and steer with the arrow keys without the issue. Steering with the mouse is much preferred for me if possible though.

Dirkus
08-04-2014, 03:14 PM
I fixed this issue by moving my EQ directory to a Solid State Drive and it hasn't happened since. I didn't risk bard kiting until I fixed this.

Abner
08-04-2014, 03:44 PM
I fixed this issue by moving my EQ directory to a Solid State Drive and it hasn't happened since. I didn't risk bard kiting until I fixed this.

I do have an SSD as my smaller C: but am running P99 off my mechanical D: drive. I think I am going to just use up some space and copy it over tonight and see what happens.

I'll report back with the results. :)

Dirkus
08-04-2014, 03:56 PM
I have the same setup but I managed to cut down my p99 install to under 2gig and that is the only game on my SSD.

burdenday
08-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Just a shot in the dark, but is everyone running their logs constantly? I find that killing the log solves this problem for me.

Abner
08-04-2014, 04:02 PM
um... what logs? /shrug

Abner
08-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Running from SSD stopped the pop!

Dirkus
08-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Running from SSD stopped the pop!

Awesome! Glad it worked for you.

Abner
08-02-2015, 05:36 PM
/sigh the POP is back. running while steering with the mouse is not doable. The screen will pause for a split second then BOOM running a different direction. I did upgrade to Win10 recently but still running off an SSD. Might be coincidence. Might not. But it's not playable for me at this point.

Tecmos Deception
08-02-2015, 05:49 PM
I keep getting this screen Pop when I am running and steering using the mouse. Only when steering with the mouse does this happen. I am running and turning then POP I am facing another direction having turned too far. Any thoughts?

Is it a big jump? A jump dependent on how fast you are mouselooking when it happens?

For me, every time I pan across due North my screen jumps slightly. Happens when turning with keys too, just less noticeably because you're either spinning very fast or tapping in slow jerks already anyway.

Man0warr
08-02-2015, 08:55 PM
/sigh the POP is back. running while steering with the mouse is not doable. The screen will pause for a split second then BOOM running a different direction. I did upgrade to Win10 recently but still running off an SSD. Might be coincidence. Might not. But it's not playable for me at this point.

Happening to me to in Windows 10, in windowed mode.

But I can't get full screen mode to work in Windows 10 either.

ocman1
08-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Same thing,

Upgrade to 10 and now experience this same issue.

Xaeyr
08-23-2015, 09:01 AM
Has anyone found a fix for this yet? It has happened to me with Windows 7 but seems to happen more often since the upgrade to Windows 10. Or maybe I'm just noticing it more now.

Swish
08-23-2015, 09:12 AM
Not a fix, but isn't keyboard turning enough for most bard kites?

ocman1
08-23-2015, 10:20 AM
Still nothing different here. No fix that I can find.

Saylord
08-23-2015, 10:50 AM
Have you tried turning spell effects to just you and group? When using the mouse and turning fast I would get this damn pop, turned spell effects off and it's smooth, no popping.

ocman1
08-26-2015, 04:32 PM
Adjusting spell effects did nothing for me.

captnamazing
08-26-2015, 04:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XUtmQPu.gif

dafier
08-26-2015, 04:46 PM
Yep

Yep. Stopped playing my bard due to this.

BUT! I have a laptop in which this doesn't happen.

Abner
08-27-2015, 09:55 AM
With Windows 10, I turned off the file sharing bit that is on by default (except for on my local network) and that seems to have fixed it. That and running P99 on an SSD which I was already doing.

ocman1
08-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Where exactly was this setting? And which exactly did you change please?

Abner
08-27-2015, 11:08 AM
Here is a handy list of things to consider including the file update sharing.

http://www.thebigcomputing.com/2015/08/5-things-you-must-disable-in-windows-10/

Swish
08-27-2015, 11:12 AM
Is the pop anything to do with someone zoning in? That happens to me sometimes (and is a good indicator on red)

dafier
08-27-2015, 11:24 AM
Is the pop anything to do with someone zoning in? That happens to me sometimes (and is a good indicator on red)

Mine, has nothing to do with anything specific. It's terrible and happens all the time. I just stop using my mouse and go straight to keyboard for full control, then use the mouse a few seconds later.

ocman1
08-27-2015, 11:50 AM
Ok, I changed the settings in that list provided. Would those have been the settings you were referring to?

bootleg
08-27-2015, 11:56 AM
I get this all the time - super frustrating, if I manage to find anything i'll reply back.

I am using paid WinEQ2.

ocman1
08-27-2015, 11:58 AM
Only good part about this, is that I am not alone.

ocman1
09-03-2015, 09:24 AM
Still nothing on this I take it?

maximum
09-03-2015, 09:54 AM
Sounds like it's a non-SSD hard drive issue. Here are some things I've done to try and mitigate the "screen tearing".

1. Turn down Max FPS (see screenshot).
2. Turn down Particles.
3. Turn down Far Clip Plane.
4. /shownames OFF. People say that removing PC names helps reduce lag. Not certain about this.

http://www.steveprutz.com/files/image/eq_display_options.png

bootleg
09-08-2015, 10:39 AM
Still nothing on this I take it?

Nope =(

Sounds like it's a non-SSD hard drive issue. Here are some things I've done to try and mitigate the "screen tearing".

1. Turn down Max FPS (see screenshot).
2. Turn down Particles.
3. Turn down Far Clip Plane.
4. /shownames OFF. People say that removing PC names helps reduce lag. Not certain about this.

I have an SSD that benchmarks like new - still get this issue.
I don't know if maybe I get it "less" than the average person with a mechanical hdd, but I still can't figure out why it happens. It is not often, but still happens from time to time each day.

I'll try some of these settings for the heck of it just to see if anything changes.

ocman1
09-08-2015, 11:22 AM
I have done and tried all of these, however I am not seeing any difference or improvement myself either. Higher mid-range system with fast mechanical drive.

But nothing has improved.

slydexx
09-08-2015, 11:26 AM
Ok so on my new pc running (got it a few days ago) and running windows 8.1 I have this same problems AND it would also lag out my TS as well.
The problem started slowly and seemed to have gotten worse over time so I did a restart/update and it removed the problem...until it came back again the next day.

Did another restart/update and BAM fixed again until it slowly started again.
Another restart/update and fixed.

Now I'm just guessing but it seems that my PC is saving/finding updates while I'm online and it seems to cause that pop/lag and restarting has been a temporary fix for me so far.

My older PC running win7 never had this problem, I swapped back to my old machine last night and it still runs the game fine.
Could this be a win 8+ problem only?

Caladbolg
09-08-2015, 02:26 PM
There should be no reason a game this old would cause this many input lag issues for this many different people. Something else is happening here and I think we're gonna need a lot more tin foil.

is it the same reason updates cause everyone's firewalls to go batshit?

ocman1
09-08-2015, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=Portasaurus;1563011]There should be no reason a game this old would cause this many input lag issues for this many different people. Something else is happening here and I think we're gonna need a lot more tin foil.

^^^^^ This. It is pretty ridiculous.

ocman1
09-14-2015, 09:30 AM
Guessing there hasn't been anything new on this?

metaled05
01-21-2022, 01:58 AM
was having huge issues with this. I tried messing with the fps, dynamic lighting, far clip pane, spell particles, LOD low, and names off, logs off. Uninstalled DUXA UI. Wired connection to internet vs WiFi. New monitor and swapped out THREE GPU's to see what the hell was going on... Everything I could think of...

I had EQ installed on a secondary SSD. I installed onto my primary SSD and the game is butter smooth with vsync=1.

Check the health of the drive your running EQ!

ozgevid
06-07-2022, 03:16 AM
I do have wifi set up for the tablets we carry about but our meeces and NICs on our gaming PC's are all wired.

ozgevid
06-08-2022, 06:22 AM
This mouse warping has caused me many deaths kiting on my bard.
vidmate.app (https://get-vidmate.com/index/) saveinsta (https://instasave.onl/saveinsta/)

Tearrah
06-08-2022, 11:22 AM
This mouse warping has caused me many deaths kiting on my bard.
vidmate.app (https://get-vidmate.com/index/) saveinsta (https://instasave.onl/saveinsta/)

Try this

Turn off everything you dont need on your PC is it Windows? Turn off Notifications and anything runnng in system tray etc..

Go to settings in EQ and turn off Spell effects and anything not needed.

Do you have One Drive or Sharepoint or teams running? Turn off if you do.. that crap burns up cycles..

Is it a standalone GFX card or shared with MB?

Grimgor
06-08-2022, 11:29 PM
I stopped and disabled all Nvidia services, and it fixed all the lag issues I was having with P99; which included this weird mouse look issue you're describing.

It's the NVIDIA Display Container LS in particular that's the issue if I remember correctly.