PDA

View Full Version : Can't remember how to Everquest

Ket
07-29-2014, 11:33 AM
Howdy,

Played a rogue - Ketilron on Povar (and Xev when they split). Back for more, as a rogue of the same name. I fear change.

Just wanted to introduce myself. Forgot how long it took to Level compared to these other candy-ass MMO's out there now. Quickly realizing that I now suck. Don't care. Still playing. Looking forward to ruining any of your groups I end up getting invited into with my mediocrity.

Yup
-Ket

Swish
07-29-2014, 11:43 AM
Rogues are one of the easiest classes to remember I'd say :)

Backstab at 10, and on from there. You want a high damage weapon in your main hand and a good ratio weapon in your off hand (9/18, 10/20 etc) - ez pz ;)

Welcome back :)

Ket
07-29-2014, 11:53 AM
I've heard comments about hide/sneak not being what it once was. Is this true? Can I not make obscene amounts of plat by doing CR's anymore? That was, literally, the only thing I was good at. In my entire life. Ever.

Evia
08-01-2014, 03:17 AM
First of all, welcome back!

Secondly rogues are way fun and way easy to get back into! Here are some things that helped me when I returned to playing the rogue!

Obviously remember to backstab and always be ready to re-position yourself mid battle to the mobs backs to maximize dps. Evade whenever you get aggro, or whenever you feel like clearing aggro. You can do this by turning off attack mid battle, clicking hide, and turning back on auto attack. Try to save money for a good weapon, any str items, and haste when you can afford it (you can knock 3/3 by MQing your epic for 25-30k, or just buy haste item and reg wep and flip haste item later for MQ or after you do it yourself).