PDA

View Full Version : Vulak Weapon Changes

kevoh
07-29-2014, 12:28 AM
Many of the weapons from Vulak were changed over the course of time:

Abashi's

Mrylokars Blood / Zephiras / Mrylokars Vengeance

Gharn's Rock

My question is; will the originals be rolled out and the nerfs still done over time to buff them? Or will the buffed versions automatically start off on Vulak?

Dullah
07-29-2014, 02:39 AM
Heard the 2.0 versions of weapons that were upgraded over the course of velious would be in at the start on p99. Haven't seen confirmation though.

I really hope this is the case though because the original weapons in velious were all comparable to VP weapons or worse. The 1 handers were especially mediocre so its no wonder they were all overhauled. Salindrite dagger for instance was 11/18, same as Feverblade.

koros
07-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Heard the 2.0 versions of weapons that were upgraded over the course of velious would be in at the start on p99. Haven't seen confirmation though.

I really hope this is the case though because the original weapons in velious were all comparable to VP weapons or worse. The 1 handers were especially mediocre so its no wonder they were all overhauled. Salindrite dagger for instance was 11/18, same as Feverblade.

Is feverblade still 11/18? That was a Luclin era upgrade:

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/5/4/540deb07836bd1cdb67a5042bc6dee4e.png

Ele
07-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Ongoing Project to find original Velious item stats (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqGWabb1EBM2dHh6NVdMUl8wbURGdHRpQ0lNajE0X 2c&usp=sharing)

It also needs to be taken into consideration all the 2HB items that are boosted in the late-Velious 2HB upgrade patch.

Ele
07-29-2014, 09:50 AM
Is feverblade still 11/18? That was a Luclin era upgrade:

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/5/4/540deb07836bd1cdb67a5042bc6dee4e.png

It was reported, haven't seen one in a while to know if it got fixed.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119204&highlight=feverblade

Dullah
07-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Does this mean that the gradual weapon upgrades will be part of p99 velious or will the good weapons be in at the start?

Oh and yes the Feverblade is still 11/18 here and also still procs a heal (retarded).

Ele
07-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Does this mean that the gradual weapon upgrades will be part of p99 velious or will the good weapons be in at the start?

I'm just making that list in the event the Devs want to follow the timeline. There has been indication from the devs, so far, not to nerf the stats on hundreds of items already in the database to undo them again in a few months. But don't take that as gospel, they could switch things up.

kevoh
07-29-2014, 02:00 PM
Yeah I had done a bunch of research last night because I remember all of this happening in Velious (a TON of changes to weapons) --- so tell me what information we're looking for and I can dig up that stuff again that I found last night.

Alunova
07-29-2014, 02:50 PM
Hasn't been decided yet, it will likely be the last thing we discuss/do before release.

Dullah
07-29-2014, 03:57 PM
For the love of Tunare, please don't emulate verants mistakes in the name of keeping it classic.

bigshowtime
07-30-2014, 01:36 PM
Keep this shit classic as fuck and give us some frozen Jesus

Praise Jesus, praise the duke

In all seriousness, I agree with specter.... Don't copy the games mistakes just for a classic feel, but don't spend too much time discussing as I doubt anyone cares we just want to play in the snow

Zalaerian
07-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Agreed. Save your self time and effort and release with post upgrade stats. Old starts were barly in 3 months

Ele
07-30-2014, 04:09 PM
Agreed. Save your self time and effort and release with post upgrade stats. Old starts were barly in 3 months

6 months for Kael/ToV upgrades

11 months for some of the 2-handers

kevoh
07-30-2014, 05:53 PM
Wasn't Blade of Carnage not changed until Luclin though?

Man0warr
07-30-2014, 05:57 PM
Yeah BoC never gets aggro proc.

Ele
07-30-2014, 06:01 PM
Wasn't Blade of Carnage not changed until Luclin though?

Yep.

Meant Kael as in Tormax's drop e.g. Crown and WDSS getting huge boosts and Statue's stuff getting moderate boosts.

Blade of Carnage getting Enraging Blow is a Luclin upgrade, which may or may not happen here depending on if they want to call it Luclin or a Velious+Xnumberofmonths.

Rais
07-30-2014, 09:33 PM
All in favor of classic uselessness of items and slow upgrades. I remember it feeling like Christmas the day the tov item patch came out.

Dullah
07-31-2014, 01:33 AM
6 months for Kael/ToV upgrades

11 months for some of the 2-handers

Personally I think change to 2h mechanic should be in now, 2h damage is so broken as it was back then.

Many of the other changes were only made 6 months in because it took 6 months for players to actually start getting those items.

I say this being very much in favor of as much classic as possible, but I just don't see the point in emulating bugs, imbalances or things clearly broken. Not only is it more work for the developers, but those simply arent the reasons people want to rexperience Everquest. In fact, they're contrary to the reason.

Rais
07-31-2014, 02:17 AM
Many of the other changes were only made 6 months in because it took 6 months for players to actually start getting those items.

Wrong. This was the era of top guilds plowing through stuff. Was way faster than 6 months of tov being on farm status. You put in the end updated weapons at first, it'll be such a huge power spike, it will make the expansion shorter than it will be as is. Part of the challenge was minimal upgrades from tov and other areas of velious combating bosses with 100k+ hps.

Dullah
07-31-2014, 02:55 AM
Ya as a member of one of the better guilds worldwide, maybe 1% of the total players on EQ were getting Ntov/ST or any of the contested raid loot early on. I know its not just ntov that was adjusted but the average guild wasn't killing stuff beyond zland/kland/statue/vindi/doz and maybe tormax.

Soo, ya they tweaked a lot of stuff as it became more relevant to the general population, and seeing as how it will be far more relevant to the avg player on p99 early on, fixing it earlier would be a good idea.

freez
07-31-2014, 03:28 PM
dont listen to dullah for the love of god. hes half retarded

mikemandella
08-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Ya as a member of one of the better guilds worldwide, maybe 1% of the total players on EQ were getting Ntov/ST or any of the contested raid loot early on. I know its not just ntov that was adjusted but the average guild wasn't killing stuff beyond zland/kland/statue/vindi/doz and maybe tormax.

Soo, ya they tweaked a lot of stuff as it became more relevant to the general population, and seeing as how it will be far more relevant to the avg player on p99 early on, fixing it earlier would be a good idea.

Please tell me you aren't begging for loot changes that are not classic... All this from a guild that advocated insta click track teeth in PVP for the longest time... shame

Dullah
08-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Using clickies != advocating clickies

Please go back and find where myself or any other championed keeping expendable clickies in the game. Spoiler, you wont find any, so please take your bias and personal hatred for myself and Nihilum back to red rants and flames and let the grown ups talk here and help get Velious ready for launch.

EQ is about risk vs reward. Items in EQ were continually tweaked as they became more relevant to more players. AoW for instance wasn't really killed till the end of velious, thus his drops weren't tweaked till Luclin... so of course the bad versions of his items that were created a year prior should be revamped on p99. Its common sense.

Colgate
08-02-2014, 11:39 PM
think ender used more trak teeth/conflag wands than anyone else as a crutch because he's a horrible player

Dullah
08-03-2014, 12:10 AM
You got me, definitely explains how i killed more people in a weeks time than you did in any 6 month expanse.

mikemandella
08-03-2014, 01:04 PM
You got me, definitely explains how i killed more people in a weeks time than you did in any 6 month expanse.

Why did you make 6 rogues? For the challenge? LOL nobody on blue or red takes your guy's "input" seriously. Hi2U hoshkar

Tune
08-04-2014, 01:59 AM
Increased the duration on Song of the Deep Seas (the proc on a bardic weapon) dramatically.
Modified the effect of Feast of Blood (weapon proc) it is now a DoT lifetap.
Added a texture to Flayed Barbarian Skin Leggings.
Added Illusion: Barbarian to the Flayed Barbarian Hide Mask.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011008.html

Smedy
08-04-2014, 05:58 AM
very intradesting to read all the lobbyquest going on from biased nihilum scumbags

asking for unclassic changes n shit, nirgon would put the well deserved ban-hammer on ye

Zalaerian
08-04-2014, 09:52 AM
Weapons appear to be revamped ver

Pras

Nirgon
08-04-2014, 04:40 PM
I was in favor of keeping it more than changing it.

Trak Tooth was changed later after they realized players were using it NOT FOR KEYS.

Just sayin'.

Take out item recharge and duck casting on blue.

Add item loot to red.

GL High Priest on resists.

------------- END DAY'S FORMQUEST TRANSMISSION ------------- (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoFwqT_OS-k)

http://www.nolaneveritt.com/broadcasting101.ws/lgindhead.jpg