PDA

View Full Version : Derakor the Vindicator

Crom
07-27-2014, 05:33 PM
Good post on what stats he should have: (GM notised that he had a little to much now)

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5509&p=3#comments

1) Auto-riposting is Enraging, not Rampaging. Rampaging is when it attacks the top four people on its hate list.

2) Derakor the Vindicator can be split from his fellow guardians by any talented monk or a team of monks.

3) Derakor has 100k HP. Enrages. Rampages. Quads for 700, and rather quickly. Cannot be slowed. A guild using the MT method can easily dispatch him with fewer than two dozen people, as long as they're the right people. Spawn time of eight to twelve hours. KoS to everyone except for the 'true children of Rallos Zek'. Unfortunately for you ogres out there, those are giants. Killing him lowers your kromzek, kromrif and Tormax faction. It raises your ClawsOfVeeshan faction.

4) His drops, in order of most to least common, are the Chestplate of Vindication, Boots of the Vindicator and the Living Thunder Earring.

Alunova
07-27-2014, 05:42 PM
Can't go exactly by this, but I've been watching and logging. Vindi will be a quite bit easier (Mainly HP and AC) next patch and statue will be quite a bit harder.

Nizzarr
07-28-2014, 01:58 PM
from same link:

The Temple Guardians are splittable. Quiet easily in fact. We did it tonight when we dropped this ugly punk. Chestplate of Vindication dropped.

Then on to the Statue. This was a FUN fight. 15+ minutes long with 34 people. Dropped a BP, Swiftblade, and Cloak.

Elidroth
57 Warrior
Seekers, Druzzil Ro

can statue drop 3 items here?

Scrubosaur
07-29-2014, 01:59 AM
I read rampage, flurry and enrage. And wasn't rampage always just damage to the person on hate list after MT? Or was it originally 3-4 people like what is posted in the 2001 forum notes?

Daldaen
07-29-2014, 08:01 AM
Rampage was only the first person on hatelist. If first person on hatelist=Tank, then it goes to second person. But if the tank stops being tank cause someone stole aggro, you revert to Rampage.

The classic rampage apparently wasn't clearable by zoning, dying/Rezzing or FDing. My experience with it in Luclin/PoP it was cleared by those things, since they removed you from the hate list. However apparently there are some quotes from Velious era that say if you died and got rezzed back in, you'd revert to being ramp tank.

I don't think I've seen any claims that it's hitting more than one person though.

Jib
07-29-2014, 06:36 PM
I thought rampage hit the top 2 on agro list besides tank. That's what i remember

Daldaen
07-29-2014, 07:01 PM
From... Luclin-Current EQ, Rampage is one person who isn't the MT, and it goes based off initial aggro list.

PoP had AE Rampage added. In GoD they clarified the messaging and called AE Ramp "Wild Rampage".

Velious though... Rampage was very very weird. Lots of posts have conflicting information too.

Jib
07-29-2014, 07:08 PM
should prob make things a little bit harder anyhow, since people are much more skilled at gaming these days.

Daldaen
07-29-2014, 07:28 PM
If there is some evidence suggesting that was how it was sure. But would need evidence. Otherwise just arbitrarily changing stuff cause harder won't make this server too classic.

I've read through some Ramp posts on EQClerics from 2001. They are a mess. People claiming 5 are ramp, claiming dying doesn't clear you from ramp list, claiming DA removes you. Lots of crap. Very hard to get a consensus on early ramp mechanics. Though perhaps it was just all perception and ramp never really changed too.

Pretty sure these forums have lots of quotes pulled from the era about ramp though.

Jib
07-29-2014, 07:32 PM
yeah i didnt say anything about it being classic. Just saying it would be more fun if it was harder.

Zalaerian
07-30-2014, 04:01 PM
Ramp seemed to easily set when we tested and appears to be working as intended.

Jib
07-31-2014, 09:08 AM
ive been on velious beta the past few days but I'm going to test some raiding here soon, ill make sure its not too easy

freez
07-31-2014, 03:47 PM
From... Luclin-Current EQ, Rampage is one person who isn't the MT, and it goes based off initial aggro list.

PoP had AE Rampage added. In GoD they clarified the messaging and called AE Ramp "Wild Rampage".

Velious though... Rampage was very very weird. Lots of posts have conflicting information too.

iirc rez brought you back to low hp aggro on live so i think youre confusing that with rampage

Orruar
08-01-2014, 12:39 AM
yeah i didnt say anything about it being classic. Just saying it would be more fun if it was harder.

I second the nomination for a separate challenge server where everything is roughly twice as hard.

Orruar
08-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Can't go exactly by this, but I've been watching and logging. Vindi will be a quite bit easier (Mainly HP and AC) next patch and statue will be quite a bit harder.

Are you sure they need adjusting? I've been watching multiple kills of each on beta and they seemed about right. I remember back in Luclin era doing them a lot and vindi always took at least 20-24 while we were fine with doing statue with 12-15. I can remember kiting vindi around to pull statue in order to do him first since he was easier. Given that this was during the era of aa and much better than Kunark gear, the current kills of vindi I've seen with mid 30s seems reasonable, perhaps even a bit too easy?

R Flair
08-01-2014, 12:34 PM
I second the nomination for a separate challenge server where everything is roughly twice as hard.

In everquest, harder just means it requires more people.

mobs with higher resists usually have lower hp. mobs u can slow hit harder and have more hp. If you want people to need 70+ people to do a raid that took 40 people in classic, all you have to do is increase the damage and the hp so u need more clerics, more tanks and more dps.

wycca
08-03-2014, 07:58 AM
These two mobs seemed about right tonight when we killed both.

Zalaerian
08-03-2014, 09:12 AM
I believe Alunova said Vindi was having HP and AC cut. Was this patched yet?

Orruar
08-03-2014, 11:30 AM
These fights both seemed about right, though Tormax seemed a little rougher than I remember. He was hitting very fast. Back in the day we'd use the same ch timing on Tormax as we did on Vindi. Here that won't fly as his damage output is something like 30-50% higher.

Dullah
08-03-2014, 01:35 PM
He definitely swings faster than anyone remembers.

Treats
08-03-2014, 06:25 PM
These fights both seemed about right, though Tormax seemed a little rougher than I remember. He was hitting very fast. Back in the day we'd use the same ch timing on Tormax as we did on Vindi. Here that won't fly as his damage output is something like 30-50% higher.

King Tormax is twice as hard as DTK...

Orruar
08-04-2014, 04:22 PM
King Tormax is twice as hard as DTK...

"Twice as hard" is a pretty vague term. His hp is supposed to be 2x as much, but I recall his damage output being about the same.

wycca
08-16-2014, 11:06 PM
This guy got knee-capped. He's a joke now. His ramp is a shadow of what it once was, and his primary dps output combined with the major hp nerf meant he went down like a young child. Frankly I thought he was ok before. Now he's a candidate for instant-engage Kunark style even with trash in tow.

Orruar
08-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Agreed. I'm betting he could be dropped with 18 people in Kunark gear. On live, you needed at a minimum 24-30 in full Velious gear to even attempt him.

Alunova
08-17-2014, 08:32 PM
DTK's damage output was not changed at all.