PDA

View Full Version : Connection issue

Akesedo
07-27-2014, 02:25 AM
Hey guys,

So I reinstalled eq. Downloaded patch. Removed appropriate files. But at login screen I keep getting connection can't be established deal... Am I over looking something?

Rika
07-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Check your firewall isn't blocking it. You might be getting a popup behind screen that you can't see due to EQ being in full screen at the login page.

I had that issue where when I tried to alt tab out of it at that point where it "couldn't establish a connection", the game crashed, so I didn't know it was the firewall to begin with. Go into your firewall and set an exception...if it is that, I seem to be the antivirus queen after all the damn issues I had with mine lol.

Akesedo
07-28-2014, 01:30 AM
Well I've managed to make it to char select screen but now files are out of date. I've already downloaded the patch and extracted them.... Is this just a sign for me to stop playing? My gf would love that. Thanks for the reply.

Rika
07-28-2014, 06:25 AM
Check you've done these steps:

Step 1 - Installation
Install Everquest Titanium to a fresh directory. This directory must be separate from any live Everquest installs and dedicated to EQEmulator.
DO NOT PATCH EVERQUEST. If you patch your Titanium install you will need to delete it and start over.

Step 3 - File Deletions
The following files must be renamed or removed from the Everquest Titanium directory. The best thing to do would be to create a "Backups" folder and move them to this folder.
arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg
Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt

Step 4 - Game Files
In order to play on Project 1999 servers you will need the required additional files. Download and extract the Project 1999 Files (V33) to your EQ Titanium Directory.

Make sure you're merging the folders/writing over the existing files named the same. For your dsetup.dll try DSETUP.dll before you extract the zip.

Hope that helps :(

In other words....try re-patching again...but do a fresh download, delete the old one.