PDA

View Full Version : sim repops or variance?

Jib
07-25-2014, 11:24 AM
sim repops do create temporary life for the server, this we know. The problem with sim repops is its like a quick drug fix. people log in get their pixels mostly uncontested then log right back out. this helps people quit faster because when most people get geared they quit we have seen this time and time again.

variance would have far less gear on the server, force people to take more time in order to get best in slot, and give the underdog a better chance at claiming mobs. This would create a longer much healthier pvp server if you plan on running this box for another 3 years at least.

I appreciate the sim repops that have been going off its nice to know the staff does care, I just feel long term sim repops are unhealthy for the server and variance is the way to go if you want a long term server.

Viva la resistance!

http://puu.sh/aqdYb/c12d53a8bd.jpg

Not_Kazowi
07-25-2014, 11:26 AM
You contradict yourself in every post and go full retard on the forums. Stop posting

Mac Drettj
07-25-2014, 11:30 AM
grats on not taking a screenshot of a screenshot in mspaint

Kergan
07-25-2014, 11:31 AM
Remove simulated repops and add variance you might as well just disband Hokuten now.

Cheesypoof
07-25-2014, 11:33 AM
You contradict yourself in every post and go full retard on the forums. Stop posting

grats on not taking a screenshot of a screenshot in mspaint

Remove simulated repops and add variance you might as well just disband Hokuten now.

Ton o'mad in this thread.

Mac Drettj
07-25-2014, 11:35 AM
my comment was congratulatory

Cheesypoof
07-25-2014, 11:42 AM
You are an outstanding troll and I /salute u

Kergan
07-25-2014, 12:56 PM
My comment was that you might as well disband Hokuten now if you take away simulated repops.

Halfelfbard
07-25-2014, 01:00 PM
Both. Clearly what is going on now isn't working, needs a violent shove into something new.

lite
07-25-2014, 01:03 PM
LOL that fucking screenshot dude, jesus christ

Kergan
07-25-2014, 01:25 PM
LOL that fucking screenshot dude, jesus christ

Where is that Colgate post making fun of Nizzar for having 6 bags?

Edgat
07-25-2014, 02:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MKKcT5H.jpg

Jib
07-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Well damn, I may have to reroll ranger

R Flair
07-25-2014, 10:45 PM
sim repops do create temporary life for the server, this we know. The problem with sim repops is its like a quick drug fix. people log in get their pixels mostly uncontested then log right back out. this helps people quit faster because when most people get geared they quit we have seen this time and time again.

variance would have far less gear on the server, force people to take more time in order to get best in slot, and give the underdog a better chance at claiming mobs. This would create a longer much healthier pvp server if you plan on running this box for another 3 years at least.

I appreciate the sim repops that have been going off its nice to know the staff does care, I just feel long term sim repops are unhealthy for the server and variance is the way to go if you want a long term server.

Viva la resistance!

http://puu.sh/aqdYb/c12d53a8bd.jpg

Not that it matters, but the reasons I "supported" variance at the time no longer apply. The server pop was half, Nihilum was raiding with fewer numbers, sim repops didn't exist, and Nihilum members were threatening to quit over it.

It was a way to grief Nihilum into quitting / giving up, and thus strengthen my own guild.

Aka it was a selfish argument not based on lasting server health, but based on momentary gain for my own guild.

I was also building my guild to be a poopsocking pve guild who could stand to benefit / exploit variance as opposed to a small crew of pvpers who would get wrecked by variance's requirement that you zerg [see: blue]. Thanks!

The only honest post by someone who was pro-variance that ever existed on this forum

Jib
07-25-2014, 10:50 PM
holy shit heartbrand is a piece of shit, im for variance because it will help promote the server.

Colgate
07-25-2014, 10:52 PM
ya 6 bags is p bad, didn't even notice that

also lol @ puddems trying to point out his weight being too high when AC doesn't mean shit on this server nor is it viable/possible to be below the weight cap while having the right items for a pvp box

what a god damn moran

Potus
07-25-2014, 10:55 PM
AC now matters if you're a caster. I love having green trash never miss me and hit for full damage; same patch that broke lifetap resists, too.

Drakaris
07-26-2014, 06:35 PM
I guarantee with Variance, you guys will be getting even less mobs... but hey... somehow you think otherwise...

Stasis01
07-26-2014, 06:47 PM
Less than 0?

U nihi pals always looken out for the box.

quido
07-26-2014, 06:54 PM
Nihilum members don't really believe that - they know a few mobs will get past them. They just want to keep their workload at an absolute minimum to lock down the server.

Kergan
07-26-2014, 10:28 PM
It's not the workload, it's the type of work.