PDA

View Full Version : Rift Online

Brynnag
07-25-2014, 07:10 AM
Anyone play this? i just installed it to give it a shot. Been needing a decent pvp game. EQ pvp mechanics are...... weak.

Anyway I went Rogue using nightstalker role and a secondary skirmisher role. One ranged one melee dps see how it goes.

FoxxHound
07-25-2014, 07:33 AM
It's okay. I play with a friend sometimes. Though mainly because I am waiting for DAoC Uthgard or a World of Darkness MMO

Skittlez
07-25-2014, 07:45 AM
I heard the PvP in that game was just who ever had the larger force?

You should get Archeage, or check it out, it's being distributed through the RIFT company here in NA. That shit is challenging and the pvp is as fun as Vanilla/TBC PvP. Best MMO I've played in a few years IMO.

Zadrian
07-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Once I got over the novelty of "random" rifts - it just became way too repetitive for me.

Brynnag
07-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Once I got over the novelty of "random" rifts - it just became way too repetitive for me.

Playing a 15 year old game thats based off repetition.

Zadrian
07-25-2014, 02:05 PM
Playing a 15 year old game thats based off repetition.

Apples to oranges, my friend. While true that EQ is highly repetitive, and even thought I haven't really been active since 2011 - I just lurk the boards now, there was a community. I can just start up a convo with someone in tunnel if I felt the need to. That's what made it fun for me.

Rift, on the other hand, is just your everyday MMO that has been repackaged with the promise of constantly exciting gameplay because of Rifts. I'm not saying there is absolutely no community, but there is no reason to communicate with anyone because you just get grouped with whoever is close whenever a Rift opens.

Anyway, I was just giving you my opinion. I doubt that Rift was basing their gameplay off of "a 15 year old game thats based off repetition."