PDA

View Full Version : Destiny Beta

Tewaz
07-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Anyone else tried it?

I played for a few hours last night. Very enjoyable.

The best way to describe it is an MMO version of Mass Effect 2 (and probably 3, never played it).

Very clean and polished. Graphics are incredible, gameplay is great.

It seems like it will have a lot of depth to it also, which was my biggest fear. I saw a lot of gear that would require a decent amount of grinding to attain. Still haven't tried the PVP yet.

JayN
07-24-2014, 03:26 PM
Looks dope! I want to play it

Zadrian
07-25-2014, 09:09 AM
I pre-ordered it online and never got my beta key. Think I have to call Gamestop or somebody. Unfortunately the closest gamestop to me is an hour away.

Zadrian
07-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Anyone else tried it?

I played for a few hours last night. Very enjoyable.

The best way to describe it is an MMO version of Mass Effect 2 (and probably 3, never played it).

Very clean and polished. Graphics are incredible, gameplay is great.

It seems like it will have a lot of depth to it also, which was my biggest fear. I saw a lot of gear that would require a decent amount of grinding to attain. Still haven't tried the PVP yet.

Update: Just got my code. Going to by downloading it tonight. Are you on Xbone or PS4?

Millburn
07-25-2014, 12:53 PM
I got in two days ago, so far been a lot of fun. I'm digging the PvP but I really wish they didn't require you to have PS+ just to join fireteams. It didn't really affect me because we have it anyway but it seems a little sketchy to me to require it for beta.

Tewaz
07-25-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm on Xbox one.

Zadrian
07-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Pm me your gamer tag. We'll shoot people together =)

Iandyan
07-25-2014, 03:42 PM
Lots of fun but game seems half finished. If you can log on tomorrow at 2pm PDT you get an item or something.

Lopretni
07-29-2014, 04:07 AM
I really enjoyed it, this is coming from someone who didn't like Halo and was turned off from that and Activision's influence. They're taking influences from a lot of sources (Halo itself, Borderlands, CoD in a positive way, Diablo) and doing it better than the source material instead of just regurgitating it. I have real high hopes for the game and the franchise, it tipped me over to get a PS4 as I finally would have enough wanted games to warrant a purchase.

If you know anyone who has the game when it comes out in September ask to play, maybe make your own new character. I didn't care for Halo's gunplay but this is honestly one of the best console shooters I've ever played. Really smooth, guns feel like they have weight and impact on a realistic level but this obviously decays once you get guns with interesting effects.

And wow, loot that matters! I've been playing a lot of recent Diablolikes that have come out but Destiny is the first game to have loot with good stat decisions and important affixes which can really change the way you play.

There was only one PvP mode but it was fast and furious with occasional sniper battles, tense grouped up back and forths. Very dynamic and there were only three maps I played, each unique with their own meta once everyone caught on. There was some OP stuff but Bungie acknowledged it so come launch you'll have options other than auto rifles.

So yeah, tl;dr fun stuff pre-order and Wal-Stop (TM).