PDA

View Full Version : Its been Two months since Azrael won a major pvp battle, what happened?

Elderan
07-24-2014, 02:07 PM
Return of Nizzar

May 10th
44 Niihlum vs 42 Azrael FOB/EJ
50 Azrael vs 49 Nihilum KC
42 Nihilum vs 38 Azrael POF

May 13th
40 Nihilum vs 38 Azrael EJ
42 Nihilum vs 40 Azrael Seb

Since then there has been NO major pvp from Azrael.

Maybe Nihilum should put variance in on each member. Only allow them to log in at random times. Would this help?

Jib
07-24-2014, 02:08 PM
summer happened

Elderan
07-24-2014, 02:10 PM
summer happened

All those college kids should be able to play more. Or is the lawn moving jobs keeping people too busy?

Stasis01
07-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Good tactic of turning this into Azrael vs Nihi, when it's about Nihi vs people who think this place is broken.

Very D- in spinnage.

Mac Drettj
07-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Lack of variance probably.

Knowing when and where pvp/raid mobs are deters pvp.

Colgate
07-24-2014, 02:20 PM
just got really sad for your life when i realized you literally have madeupnumbers.txt saved on your desktop

going 2 pray for you tonight

Stasis01
07-24-2014, 02:24 PM
Lack of variance probably.

Knowing when and where pvp/raid mobs are deters pvp.

One guild will always be the biggest and best (no thanks to you), knowing when and where means that guild will take it - the end.

End people showing up. If there is variance and Nihi has less than full force, it may be possible.

In the end it's all theories, and if GM's think 1 guild over years is still OK then nothing will change.

Genedin
07-24-2014, 02:25 PM
I love these numbers.

I seem to recall Nihilum numbers remaining the same even after many were killed and magically another BiS character zoned in to take their place.

We are legion?

Elderan
07-24-2014, 02:26 PM
I love these numbers.

I seem to recall Nihilum numbers remaining the same even after many were killed and magically another BiS character zoned in to take their place.

We are legion?

Nihilum has many alts, but keep in mind that these fights were not even close really.

KC fight ended in 45 dead azrael and 11 dead nihilum. So in this case alts were not needed.

Genedin
07-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Nihilum has many alts, but keep in mind that these fights were not even close really.

KC fight ended in 45 dead azrael and 11 dead nihilum. So in this case alts were not needed.

I agree. I was at these fights. It was a shit stomping.

Strategy was bad.

Nihilum had 5+ clerics outside of KC at the zoneline, Az/whatever had everyone backed into a corner in the back of KC. Terrible mass pvp stratgey. Many people constantly said "this is a losing battle, they have clerics just healing anyone that gets low on the other side of the zone"

Nothing was done about this, rinse and repeat for a few battles.

My point is not that it was not a rolling, but that the numbers are not even. Many of those people in these battles were at a huge gear or level disadvantage and Nihilum had tons of alts to log in when they died.

Kergan
07-24-2014, 04:23 PM
Sad part is this week alone like 30% of the raid targets were open for the taking. At least one of them didn't even die until almost a full day after it spawned. Yet these same anti-zergling heroes will come and poopsock for a chance to get their shit pushed in by Nihilum.

Riiiiiiiight.

Mac Drettj
07-24-2014, 04:44 PM
One guild will always be the biggest and best (no thanks to you), knowing when and where means that guild will take it - the end.

End people showing up. If there is variance and Nihi has less than full force, it may be possible.

In the end it's all theories, and if GM's think 1 guild over years is still OK then nothing will change.

Hi welcome to ever quest where the larger better recruiting and mobilizing guilds have been winning since 1999

Fame
07-24-2014, 07:50 PM
summer happened

All those college kids should be able to play more. Or is the lawn moving jobs keeping people too busy?

People are usually more social during the summer, bbqs. parties, dates, fishing, ect. all of these things may seem far off and fantasy but I assure you, they happen every day and probably to a greater extent that you might imagine from the chair you are sitting in right now as you read this. Life goes on.

R Flair
07-24-2014, 08:12 PM
This was really a feel good thread. Laughs were had, truth was spoken.

georgie
07-24-2014, 08:13 PM

Might be getting laid. U srs?

Quiet
07-24-2014, 08:20 PM
Those were the best times I've had on the server, even losing it was still a good time. But unfortunately our strategy was bad and when they changed levels +/-4 and increased group exp bonus it opened the door for significant numbers of clerics to be PLed to 53-55 and be able to sit outside oor healing. I'm not discounting their strategy also being better and Azrael's being a bit fool hardy but anyone who doesn't think those fights weren't absolutely an awesome time win or lose are playing the wrong game.

However at this point none of that happens at all and its a standard log in kill mob in 30 min, log off type system. Sure mobs get left up because no one is contesting or looking. But if anyone did mobilize we all know 50 Nihi and 30 camped alts would be waiting next time.

Kergan
07-24-2014, 10:18 PM
Those were the best times I've had on the server, even losing it was still a good time. But unfortunately our strategy was bad and when they changed levels +/-4 and increased group exp bonus it opened the door for significant numbers of clerics to be PLed to 53-55 and be able to sit outside oor healing. I'm not discounting their strategy also being better and Azrael's being a bit fool hardy but anyone who doesn't think those fights weren't absolutely an awesome time win or lose are playing the wrong game.

However at this point none of that happens at all and its a standard log in kill mob in 30 min, log off type system. Sure mobs get left up because no one is contesting or looking. But if anyone did mobilize we all know 50 Nihi and 30 camped alts would be waiting next time.

I'm gonna let the oor healing comment go since the rest of your points are solid. The fights were fun for sure, I thought Azrael would at least attempt to adapt but instead they just stopped trying after losing 3 in a row.

I mean they all got busy with RL and stuff/got sick of zerging/random_excuse_03 at the same time or whatever.

LulzSect
07-24-2014, 10:41 PM
seek help

Somekid123
07-24-2014, 10:56 PM
Nilly downfall of server and general population. Say what you want I wont be looking back at this thread.

- Love Andain.

Quiet
07-24-2014, 11:01 PM
If Lite, Jibeknn, Stasis and pals worked as hard at recruitment and such, as they did at posting shitty variance requests I could see them working out. I'm willing to stipulate that 1/3 of Hokuten is probably former Azrael in hiding. But that still leaves a solid number of new players that could have been cultivated. Eventually could have been rolling 62vs 48 fighting Nihi and might stand a chance.

Lite was in to big a hurry to power grab and tried to accomplish in months what another guild has taken years to do. He also alienated a significant amount of the hardcore dedicated community with his Red Dawn stunt. Can you imagine the system today if Ksah, Checkraise, Chopper and all those friends had decided to join Azrael or stick in Red Dawn? Taking the quick path to power did score him a crown a rile but left the guild in shambles when the tables turned with no solid base in place.

Giving away shit to his inner core of mutants who care only for themselves and then when they get what they need bail out (Colgate does look powerful in that blue robe but I've only seen him wearing it once since he got it) is a prime example of what left a weakened guild vulnerable to falling apart. You think any of them cared whether the other 2/3 the guild who were not the core got any gear? Not so much. If it happened great but otherwise every man for himself.

Not Salem
07-24-2014, 11:26 PM
sounds like an awsome guild 2 me

Jenni D
07-25-2014, 12:07 AM
Grown adult bragging about elf sim victories on a forum with around 20 regular posters, on a server with a pop of around 100.

Absolutely love these forums. Thanks for the laughs gimps

derpcake
07-25-2014, 04:08 AM

I like how you resort to RL insults instantly.

Dem glass houses.

mtb tripper
07-25-2014, 04:40 AM
Grown adult bragging about elf sim victories on a forum with around 20 regular posters, on a server with a pop of around 100.

Not Salem
07-25-2014, 07:15 AM
2 ranger epics would help your guild progress A LOT more then that imo

Junkman
07-25-2014, 08:05 AM

not sure if serious? welcome to everquest

Feniggles
07-25-2014, 08:13 AM

pop around 199, wheres chewie?

Awwalike
07-25-2014, 02:42 PM
summer

everquest

felon

Jib
07-25-2014, 03:15 PM
summer

everquest

felon

hahahaha

Sweetbaby Jesus
07-25-2014, 03:41 PM

I don't know where you get this while thing about us having oor clerics healing the raid. We literally had 1 oor cleric and he was a new app at the time. Everyone else was in range.